What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

WTF happened in the rowing?

Bluebag

Juniors
How selfish are thse rowing bitches, they made the conscious effort to go out hard and bythe time the incident happened they were back in fifth was that Sally's fault no. To me it shows the team are weak not just her and they only thought of themselves and perhaps they should all do the single skulls as they only think for themselves.
To call Sally Un Australian is a horrible thing to do and I call those other slags Un Australian by not standing by their mates. Does anyone think she would have done that deliberately? and what about the marathon runners who stopped running why didnt they run themselves into the ground by the same reckoning.

I am ashamed that they represent this country. They are showing how little class they have.

Razor

Coach
These rowers train every day

That's true. The other 8 have sacrificed their lives the past 4 years to prepare for this moment, and Sally ruined any chance they had of a medal.

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
Razor said:
These rowers train every day

That's true. The other 8 have sacrificed their lives the past 4 years to prepare for this moment, and Sally ruined any chance they had of a medal.
She trained just as hard as they did. She missed a medal too. Do you honestly think she did it intentionally? If she wasn't up to it blame the selectors for putting her there. She did was what asked of her which was to give her best effort. Don't blame her if her best wasn't good enough.

Razor

Coach
Do you honestly think she did it intentionally?

She is mentally weak.

She wasn't exhausted. She's raced many times before without problems. Only happens in finals of major events. Just after the race she gave an interview without showing any ill effects.

Don't blame her if her best wasn't good enough.

She didn't do her best. She gave up. Quit because the going got to tough

She shouldn't have been there

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
Can you imagine footballers turning on a teammate like that if they cracked under the pressue and it cost them a final? It wouldn't happen, they'd leave it to the coach to deal with. You don't publicly bag your teammates, it's that simple.

Raider_69

Post Whore
i dunno, once finch cracks for a 2nd time in a GF chook fans and team alike will be baying for blood :lol:

Bluebag

Juniors
THEY WER NOT IN A POSITION TO MEDAL WHEN IT HAPPENED!!

WHY DID THEY ENTIRE TEAM DRIFT BACK AFTER A STRONG START IT WAS NOT HER FAULT THEY WIN AS A TEAM AND THEY LOSE AS A TEAM.

THEY ATTITUDE OF MANY PEOPLE TO SINGLE HER OUT IS UNAUSTRALIAN THEY WERE SIMPLY NOT GOOD ENOUGH. AND THE ATTITUDE OF THE MEDIA AND OTHERS IS SO POOR. THE SAME THING HAPPENED WITH THE CANADIAN 8'S AND THEY WERE A MEDAL FAVOURITE BUT THEY DID NOT BLAME THE PERSON INVOLVED.

Bluebag

Juniors
Are the marathon runners also mentally weak to have pulled out, they were not carried away but their bodies had had enough. Same rationale.

BuffaloRules

Coach
The funny thing is that by this time next week, all will be forgotten.

It would have been the same, even if the Aussies had of won the event....

How many people could even name two of the four Aussie cyclists in last nights cycling team pursuit, without looking for it on the web??

Booyah

Bench
I don't think her actions were unaustralian at all. She had a dig - what could be more Australian then trying?

I am angry that she was chosen in the first place though. If she has a history of it, then why was she chosen in such a crucial event?

I also don't blame her teammates for being furious. Can any of you honestly tell that if you were in the same situations, you'd be fine about it?

Of course not.

Wests is Best

Juniors
SpaceMonkey said:
Can you imagine footballers turning on a teammate like that if they cracked under the pressue and it cost them a final? It wouldn't happen, they'd leave it to the coach to deal with. You don't publicly bag your teammates, it's that simple.

Steve Mavin and Paul Carriage come to mind. Both made multiple blunders in different semifinals which contributed to both Souths and Parramatta losing. I don't recall either of them getting publically ridiculed by their coaches/team mates right after the game. The coach and players were understandably dissapointed but didn't publically ridicule either player. Carriage never played for Parramatta again after the incident which was fair enough. Mavin played with Souths for a few more years.

These things happen in sport. All you can do is make selections based on past performances. After the events of the last 2 days, if I was coach, I'd be picking Sally Robbins to row my boat before a few of the others!

The Colonel

Immortal
BuffaloRules said:
The funny thing is that by this time next week, all will be forgotten.

It would have been the same, even if the Aussies had of won the event....

How many people could even name two of the four Aussie cyclists in last nights cycling team pursuit, without looking for it on the web??

Brad McGee, Graeme Brown, Brett Lancaster and Luke Roberts....

Booyah

Bench
Hmmm..

I just heard that apprently she was in the piss the night before, which explains why her teammates were so critical of her, and as to why they were saying " tell the truth Sally".

Booyah

Bench
But I don't think there is any real proof of that. Probably pure speculation, but it answers alot of questions...

Razor

Coach
Can you imagine footballers turning on a teammate like that if they cracked under the pressue and it cost them a final?

Footballers don't give up though. They still try

She gave up because the going got to tough