What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

WWE Royal Rumble Thread *May Include Spoilers*

Matt23

Staff member
More then likely Orton, although it would'nt surprise me for someone like Chris Masters to win it

Misanthrope

Staff member
I think its Ortons to lose if he mouths off to the wrong backstager

From what I hear, he'd have to do more than that. He's one of Triple H and Vince's favourite workers, which is basically an assured title reign in even the most mediocre of hands.

I wouldn't be at all bothered to see Randy win it. He's actually been growing on me of late, and even came out to something like a face pop for his match against Benoit on Smackdown.

Ben

Bench
I've got a feeling Kane will win it and then jump ship to Smackdown to challenge Batista. I would love for him to hold the title again even though his previous title hold shouldn't even be classified as a title reign because it lasted a day.

PARANoIR

Bench
Everything Ive read has pointed towards Orton or Mysterio. As the WWE have expressed interested in having both these men in a major match at Mania.

I think theyre giving Kane a push towards maybe winning it..I reckon Chris Masters is the darkhorse.

Bicey_18

Bench
Brian Kendrick to win the royal rumble and go on to wrestlemania and defeat Batista for the world title...... and the crowd chanting "SPANKY...SPANKY" as he holds the belt up high and does a number of backflips.

lotm

Juniors
Mysterio is no chance
i still have hope. it's probably obscenely naive of me, but i get the feeling vince and co will change their direction slightly and make a better overall product throughout 06. having mysterio win the rumble would be a fantastic moment - whether he goes on to win the title at wm is another question. it would certainly break the monotony and predictability that has been plaguing wwe for a while now.

Eelectrica

Referee
Orton or Triple H. Orton could use the push a lot more than Triple H though.

I agree that Mysterio winning would be great for the WWE. They could have Batista drop the title to Orton at NWO and then it's Mysterio Vs Orton at WM. Then at the judgement day PPV make it a triple threat between Batista, Orton and Rey. I also agree that it's highly unlikely that WWE will go that direction though.

Martli

Coach
I think a mysterio win is very plausable. They could build up a Face vs. Face match between Batista and Mysterio etc. but I don't know how good that would be.

Carlito is another posibility.

Also what about Kane?

thuganomics

Coach
The Best of 7 series will conclude next week on Smackdown with Orton taking on Benoit. So looks like they arn't saving that for the Rumble, which means Benoit, Booker T and Orton could very well particpate in the Royal Rumble.

Misanthrope

Staff member
I don't want to break any hearts or shatter any dreams here but it's being reported all over the net (and from insiders at the company) that they're going to give Orton the win this year. When you think about it, he really is the only legitimate choice.

thuganomics

Coach
Smart choice. He deserves a heel title run and has really grown on me whilst he has been on Smackdown.

*Note: Merged 'Royal Rumble Winner 2006' with the Royal Rumble Thread.

lockyno1

Post Whore
thuganomics said:
With Edge winning the belt (thank god) I can see Cena using his re-match clause and vs Edge at the Rumble.

What a waste, why not give Kane a shot or dare I say Flair. We need someone who can "job" to Edge to make him look better. Without any disrespect to Cena I have my doubts whether he can do this! This is not Cena bashing but I would rather have Cena drop to the IC level for a while and have a few people who can job to Edge until Wrestlemania where the Game wins the title back!

Misanthrope

Staff member
What I want to see Cena do is this:
a). Exercise his rematch clause at Rumble. He has to do this eventually.
b). Lose said match
c). Get into a relatively high profile feud with a babyface like Flair
d). Use that to improve his in ring skills and get over as a heel
e). Maybe hold the IC/US strap
f). Return to the main event with a fresh character and some new moves

lockyno1

Post Whore
CWB, I don't mind that idea but I would rather him use his rematch on RAW rather than the rumble and have Kane for instance challenge Edge for the title at the Rumble. Cena should return, if he does improve his wrestling ability to the main event as a heel as you said. I'd like him first to have a feud with RVD.

Misanthrope

Staff member
I see your point, but consider this: Cena was getting *huge* heel heat all night, and there's a good chance he would get it again at Royal Rumble. People would pay to see him lose again, just like they used to pay to see him win.

He *could* use his rematch on Raw, but anything else will only make him more of a face (for example, if Vince denies him his rematch). We need to get Cena vs. Edge done with and start setting up a new feud for the WWE Title at Royal Rumble.

Mr Saab

Referee
CWBush said:
What I want to see Cena do is this:
c). Get into a relatively high profile feud with a babyface like Flair
d). Use that to improve his in ring skills and get over as a heel

flair is not 30 anymore. I cant see how feuding with flair will help his in ring skills.

thuganomics

Coach
My updated Royal Rumble card:

WWE Title: Edge (c) vs John Cena
World Title: Batista (c) vs Mark Henry
WWE Tag Titles: MnM vs Mexicools *some sort of Stipulation*
US Title: Booker T vs Orlando Jordon?? *Shakes head*
Womens Title: Mickie James vs Trish Stratus vs Ashley

Royal Rumble match

RAW Superstars:

Big Show
Kane