What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

WWE Royal Rumble Thread *May Include Spoilers*

thuganomics

Coach
CWBush said:
Jesus Christ, locky - do you actually believe what you say about Mark Henry? Or are you just doing a Covell Brigade and supporting an awful guy for laughs?

True that. The only guy I know that likes Mark Henry is you locky.

Everyone else wants him gone or in a lower division.

lockyno1

Post Whore
CWBush said:
Jesus Christ, locky - do you actually believe what you say about Mark Henry? Or are you just doing a Covell Brigade and supporting an awful guy for laughs?

I'm getting the Rumble. I've already told work I'm unavailable. Wouldn't miss it for the world.

I have liked Henry for years believe it or not. I find him quite funny and that is one of the reasons I watch wrestling- enjoyment!

On a side not I have already ordered the rumble.

thuganomics

Coach
After what happened on RAW im gonna say that we will see a Triple Threat match at Royal Rumble with: Trish (c) vs Mickie James vs Ashley for the Womens title.

Misanthrope

Staff member
My Current Royal Rumble Card

Edge (c) vs. John Cena for the WWE World Title with Special Guest Referee Ric Flair
I'd have Flair 'screw' Cena, turning heel and giving Cena a feud to enter into that moves him away from the World Title scene. As Flair is known for, he can make anyone 'over' as a face.

Kurt Angle (c) vs. Mark Henry vs. Rey Mysterio for the World Title
You need a babyface in there, and presently Mysterio's the only one at the right level to do it. Plus he and Angle could do the bulk of the work, with Rey able to sell Henry's power moves.

Trish Stratus (c) vs. Mickie James vs. Ashley vs. Victoria for the Women's Title
Logical choice here. All of them are solid workers (admittedly Ashley is raw)

Carlito & Chris Masters vs. Kane & Big Show (c) for the World Tag Titles
Get the belts onto Carlito & Masters, freeing up two ready-made main eventers and giving the younger pair time to develop.

JBL vs. The Boogeyman
I'd want JBL to go over here or maybe lose by countout, and have Boogeyman and he continue to feud for a while

Cruiserweight Gauntlet featuring Paul London, Super Crazy, Jamie Noble, Psicosis, Brian Kendrick, Funaki, and Nunzio for the vacant Cruiserweight Title
Some kind of 'gimmick' match that will get the strap onto a fit champion. Personally I'd go with Jamie Noble.

Royal Rumble Match

RAW
1. Shawn Michaels
2. Triple H
3. Kane
4. Shelton Benjamin
5. Chavo Guerrero
6. Big Show
7. Carlito
8. Chris Masters
9. Ric Flair
10. Viscera
11. Trevor Murdoch
12. Matt Striker
13. Rob Van Damn (Returning)
14. Gregory Helms
15. Tyson Tomko

SMACKDOWN
1. Bobby Lashley
2. Chris Benoit
3. JBL
4. Joey Mercury
5. Jonny Nitro
6. Paul London
7. Nunzio
8. Heidenreich
9. Randy Orton
10. The Undertaker
11. Hardcore Holly
12. Simon Dean
13. Matt Hardy
14. Orlando Jordan
15. Paul Birchall

Obviously you'd be aiming for a babyface winner, seeing as the two champions are heels and shouldn't drop the belts so early. So, you've got Shawn Michaels, Kane, The Big Show, Carlito (sort of), and RVD from Raw who could main event (Carlito's debateable). From Smackdown you've got Chris Benoit, The Undertaker, Matt Hardy, and potentially JBL (since he wouldn't make a terrible face). There's also the potential for Randy Orton.

thuganomics

Coach
Nice card overall. I'd assume JBL and the Boogeyman will be in the rumble to give it that little extra star power. They can also build their little feud from the rumble match itself.

Misanthrope

Staff member
I'd rather not have both in it, to be honest. Would much rather have JBL in there cleaning house and then just have a run in from The Boogeyman. He doesn't really work in the Royal Rumble match up, since he doesn't wrestle so much as run around grossing people out. It'd hurt his 'mysterious' image to have him eliminated by somebody.

thuganomics

Coach
CWBush said:
I'd rather not have both in it, to be honest. Would much rather have JBL in there cleaning house and then just have a run in from The Boogeyman. He doesn't really work in the Royal Rumble match up, since he doesn't wrestle so much as run around grossing people out. It'd hurt his 'mysterious' image to have him eliminated by somebody.

Yer that could work. I just had a picture in my head where JBL is cleaning house then Boogeyman enters and eliminates JBL, then eliminates himself. Then cases JBL away again.

thuganomics

Coach
Van Dam stands in my opinion a 5% chances of winning.

Angle will carry Henry the whole way. Don't expect Mark Henry to win the match.

thuganomics

Coach
Couldn't agree more. It's probably just a feud to get the face run of Angle kicking and something for him to do before Wrestlemania.

thuganomics

Coach
Rumours flying around that Tatanka will be a surprise entrant in the Royal Rumble match. He has been working house shows and Dark Matches and may be a surprise on the Smackdown side of the draw.

thuganomics

Coach
Viscera and Trevor Murdoch have also qualified for the Royal Rumble, and by what we saw on RAW you assume that Masters and Carlito are entered as well.

Misanthrope

Staff member
Viscera and Trevor Murdoch have also qualified for the Royal Rumble, and by what we saw on RAW you assume that Masters and Carlito are entered as well.

On Heat, I assume?

any chance of seeing jericho being a surprise entrant in the rumble??

Word is that Christian and Scott D'Amore are doing their level best to tempt him to TNA.

maelgwnau

Juniors
i will be pretty annoyed if he goes to TNA he is an excellent wrestler and is what the wwe needs atm