What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

WWE Royal Rumble Thread *May Include Spoilers*

lockyno1

Post Whore
CWBush said:
I see your point, but consider this: Cena was getting *huge* heel heat all night, and there's a good chance he would get it again at Royal Rumble. People would pay to see him lose again, just like they used to pay to see him win.

He *could* use his rematch on Raw, but anything else will only make him more of a face (for example, if Vince denies him his rematch). We need to get Cena vs. Edge done with and start setting up a new feud for the WWE Title at Royal Rumble.

Fair enough and both of us have valid opinions. I just feel that is wasting a mian event at the Rumble if we already know the result right now. It would be better, and this is in my opinion of course, is to have someone like Kane, Big Show, RVD, etc have the Rumble shot and build Edge's title run up. Then have the Game challenge him for it at Wrestlemania. I just feel that is more interesting but that is a matter of opinion.

ParraDude_Jay

First Grade
CWBush said:
He *could* use his rematch on Raw, but anything else will only make him more of a face (for example, if Vince denies him his rematch). We need to get Cena vs. Edge done with and start setting up a new feud for the WWE Title at Royal Rumble.

But that would be a Heel vs Heel match. I'd like to see Edge vs Flair tomorrow, and Cena use his re-match clause for the week after. Then have Cena blame the fans for him losing his title, to complete a heel turn. Then have a babyface (HBK maybe?) come out to defend the fans etc. leading them into a match at the Rumble where Rosey and Jamaal will screw over Cena's opponent.

Flair to move into an IC title feud with Murdoch, and Edge to move into a short feud with Kane or the Big Show, then onto a feud with RVD. That's my dream anyway.

lockyno1

Post Whore
ParraDude_Jay said:
But that would be a Heel vs Heel match. I'd like to see Edge vs Flair tomorrow, and Cena use his re-match clause for the week after. Then have Cena blame the fans for him losing his title, to complete a heel turn. Then have a babyface (HBK maybe?) come out to defend the fans etc. leading them into a match at the Rumble where Rosey and Jamaal will screw over Cena's opponent.

Flair to move into an IC title feud with Murdoch, and Edge to move into a short feud with Kane or the Big Show, then onto a feud with RVD. That's my dream anyway.

Not bad mate although I would really rather someone other than HBK.

Misanthrope

Staff member
Sweet Jesus, if you're going to have Edge feud with one of either Kane or Show - make it Show. Kane's cool and all, but he's had no legitimate build up. At least Show came out of today's match with Triple H looking good.

Personally I think they'll go with Cena vs. Edge at Royal Rumble, but I could be wrong. Vince just seems to like Cena a lot, and who's to say that Edge doesn't have a face turn on the horizon? His reaction tonight, whilst largely for Cena's loss, was still very babyface. It would be easy for him to switch, although I pray he doesn't.

ParraDude_Jay

First Grade
CWB, watch the interview on WWE.com with Edge. Very heelish to me. He's calling the fans all sorts of names and he plans to have hot sex with Lita in the middle of the ring on RAW.

Turning Edge face would be stupid, he's really come alive thanks to the heel turn. His character has so much more to it than when he was face where he really became stale and the fans started turning on him like they are with Cena.

Misanthrope

Staff member
I didn't say it would be a good idea. Hell, I said I pray they didn't. Good to hear they haven't gone in that direction.

thuganomics

Coach
Confirmed matches:

Edge (c) w/ Lita vs John Cena - WWE Championship

Royal Rumble match: Entrants include

Bobby Lashley
Triple H
Kane
Chavo Guerrero
Shelton Benjamin
Rob Van Dam

thuganomics

Coach
Kurt Angle (c) vs Mark Henry - World Title seems a possibility now. At least theres Angle in the match to carry that fat slob around

lockyno1

Post Whore
I can't wait for that match with Angle. Henry will be up for it and will produce one of his best matches!

lockyno1

Post Whore
thuganomics said:
No. Angle will make it one of the best matches...Henry will just be a speedbump.

Henry is one of the most underated wrestlers in the business. I believe it will be a great title match. We won't see a title change but it will be a good match!

thuganomics

Coach
lockyno1 said:
Henry is one of the most underated wrestlers in the business.

:lol: He is one of the worst wrestlers in the buisness. He's slow, has 0 agility, can't work a good match, not great on the mic.

He has nothing.

lockyno1

Post Whore
thuganomics said:
:lol: He is one of the worst wrestlers in the buisness. He's slow, has 0 agility, can't work a good match, not great on the mic.

He has nothing.

So you don't like his bear hug? I love it, one of the better submission moves!

thuganomics

Coach
lockyno1 said:
So you don't like his bear hug? I love it, one of the better submission moves!

The Bear hug...don't tell me that is his finishing move. The only intresting bear hug I have ever seen was the Brock Lock that Lesnar used to do.

lockyno1

Post Whore
thuganomics said:
The Bear hug...don't tell me that is his finishing move. The only intresting bear hug I have ever seen was the Brock Lock that Lesnar used to do.

It is his submission move and his nomal finisher is the "World's Strongest Slam"!

thuganomics

Coach
lockyno1 said:
It is his submission move and his nomal finisher is the "World's Strongest Slam"!

Oh dear God...

Well, hopefully after Angle kicks his ass at the Rumble he will go away for a while.

lockyno1

Post Whore
thuganomics said:
Oh dear God...

Well, hopefully after Angle kicks his ass at the Rumble he will go away for a while.

He might lose but he won't go away! He will be back:)

Misanthrope

Staff member
Jesus Christ, locky - do you actually believe what you say about Mark Henry? Or are you just doing a Covell Brigade and supporting an awful guy for laughs?

I'm getting the Rumble. I've already told work I'm unavailable. Wouldn't miss it for the world.