1. Out Now:

Here it is - the latest edition of The Front Row, our exclusive online e-magazine with a full wrap on last weekend's NRL and Super League along with the match programme for the coming round!

Ahead of Women in League Round this weekend, this bumper issue has plenty of features. Paul Jobber chats to Erin Molan about life in broadcasting, footy and more. Joshua Wells talks to NRLW player Botille Vette-Welsh about her rise in the women's game. We've also got Rick Edgerton's weekly finals piece, this week looking at the spines of each of the top eight sides. We also look at Old Boys Day through the eyes of Newcastle prop Daniel Saifiti.

Add to that all the regular features you've come to expect - a full NRL Round 19 programme - and you have one fantastic 36-page magazine for your weekend's reading!

EDITION 17 - OUT NOW!

Guest, click here to read online or download your free PDF copy

WWE SuperThread II *Spoilers*

Discussion in 'Pro Wrestling' started by nöyd, Jul 30, 2015.

1. Scott Gourley's Lovechild

Scott Gourley's Lovechild Referee

I should of been more specific and said SmackDown. If Big E is going to be that guy, he better start getting some proper big wins. Jeff Hardy I’m not sure they will do much more than the IC run because his contract will be coming due soon. I’d like to see Styles as a face, but WWE have their heart set on him as a upper mid heel.

2. Marshall_magic

Marshall_magic Coach

they are trying to recreate Kofi mania with Big E, but they keep stuffing him in tag matches and feuds with Miz and Morrison. AJ could be the top face but he’s a fantastic heel. Sheamus is another they could turn and has done the part before. Also forgot about Riddle who is currently in the Corbin black hole.

3. Rhyno

Rhyno First Grade

F**king giving reigns the belt in his first match back

might as well but the fiend in a comedy Jobber tag team with bo Dallas

4. Eelementary

Eelementary Post Whore

Heel Roman Reigns, aligned with Paul Heyman, is a master-stroke, imo.

And he would be better as a heel champion, having the face chase him.

5. AusKnightRKO

AusKnightRKO First Grade

That’s why Strowman took the fall, protection for bray, also leads to Brock coming back and being a face. Make up for the piss poor feud when they did it the first time with big show.

6. Marshall_magic

Marshall_magic Coach

they had to do something big for the heel turn. If he just hoofed Seth or Dean or another face in the balls he’d be cheered as the fans rubbing it in vinces face for winning.

Eelementary likes this.
  7. Eelementary

Eelementary Post Whore

I loved how he destroyed the Fiend - it made him look so badass.

Face, or heel, that's how Reigns should be booked - as a badass, who doesn't talk, but just destroys people.

He's a very good worker, he has a great look, and pairing him with Heyman is a stroke of genius.

8. Scott Gourley's Lovechild

Scott Gourley's Lovechild Referee

The only difference between the most successful faces and heels were the opponents they faced. For the most part, nothing else changed, other than the odd cheap shot as a heel or finding a second gear on the back of crowd support as a face. That’s what will be best for Roman, if he stays in arse kicking, take no prisoners mode he should be able to get the crowd hating him before they love him.

Eelementary likes this.
  9. Big Pete

Big Pete Referee

So Payback...

...was actually a pretty solid outing for the WWE. No must-see matches or anything of that nature, but the booking was spot on and nothing entirely offensive happened on the show. The only time they really did anything controversial made sense where Reigns exploited how there's basically zero rules for a Triple Threat and just rocked up conveniently late. I think they explained that away fine by having Braun attack Wyatt before the bell.

I thought the Mysterios/Rollins & Murphy match was the highlight. I feared Dominik would be another David Flair type but he's actually handling himself pretty well for a rookie. You can see the inexperience, but if anything it just adds to the match and makes the situation seem even more hopeless for the babyfaces.

I was really happy with the Lee-Orton match. I was worried they'd drag this out to a 15 minute match right out of the gate and turn me off ever seeing another Lee-Orton match in the future, but at 6 minutes they worked it perfectly. Ordinarily that would be viewed as a squash but they worked the match just well enough where Lee was made to look great without completely killing Randy. I hope they play the long game with Lee and make that eventual Lee-McIntyre match feel like something.

Eelementary likes this.
  10. Marshall_magic

Marshall_magic Coach

Reigns vs Jey Uso in his first title feud. Safe to say the heel turn will be locked in and Jey will get a prison beating.

11. AusKnightRKO

AusKnightRKO First Grade

Yeah he is definitely getting obliterated after the match, if this turns in to a Mania match down the road before he does the same to The Rock will be interesting to see.

12. Marshall_magic

Marshall_magic Coach

Roman vs Rock would be huge, one of the most hated wrestlers ever vs one of the most beloved.

13. Styles clash

Styles clash Juniors