What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

WWE SuperThread II *Spoilers*

Misanthrope

Staff member
I hate Kofi tbh. He bores me to tears.

WWE needs to push Cesaro.

If the recent building feud between him and Owens is anything to go by, they're moving in that direction.

While I'd rather Owens not immediately drop back into a midcard feud after such a high profile loss to Super Cena, these two should put on some amazing matches that ought to get them over on their own.

Eelementary

Post Whore
If the recent building feud between him and Owens is anything to go by, they're moving in that direction.

While I'd rather Owens not immediately drop back into a midcard feud after such a high profile loss to Super Cena, these two should put on some amazing matches that ought to get them over on their own.

A feud between Owens and Cesaro is mouthwatering.

Two of the best young talents in the business going at it.

Sanchez

Coach
You guys seem to be confusing bland boom boom Kofi Kingston with New Day Kofi. New Day Kofi is excellent

afinalsin666

First Grade
New Day everyone is excellent. They are my favorite part of the show outside Lesnar and Heyman, and Owens Cesaro.

I really want them to give the New Day backstage stuff to do. Like when Hell No was running rampage, there was a good couple months where they got a talking segment or two each show, because they were that good. New Day have the potential to be that good, so give them that backstage stuff more.

f**k, more backstage stuff in general. Six man tag match, Wyatt's and Shaemus v Orton and Shield Bros. Sounds boring as f**k, just filler as usual. Then they played up an interaction between Bray and Shaemus. It showed them briefly putting aside their differences to go after the faces. Then later Randy came in while Reigns and Ambrose were talking and basically said he'll join the Shield Bros tonight if he gets Shaemus. Reigns and Ambrose both comment that he has a decent attitude now, because he was an authority grunt last time they came against each other.

Two two minute promos, and the match felt like much much more of a big deal. You got to see the possible team dynamics, speculate through the night about which alliance has the most chance of beating the other. All from four minutes of backstage interaction.

For whatever reason, wrestlers don't have relationships outside of their prime target any more. You need threads to stitch together a decent character. Likes, dislikes, etc etc. Just thinking 2001 x-7 here for a minute. I remember Kurt Angle obsessing over Chris Benoit. He had backstage segments with Edge and Christian, William Regal, Chris Benoit, and if i remember right, Vince McMahon. You got to see who he was to these other guys, and the character was clearer for it. And having a clearer character, where you knew their backstory and history, the character was over because of it.

Now you have a guy come out and fight another guy for 6 weeks, but there is no interaction outside them two guys. There is being the focal point to not confuse fans, but when the feud happens in a vacuum it becomes stale.

That's enough rambling :p

steggz

Juniors
New Day everyone is excellent. They are my favorite part of the show outside Lesnar and Heyman, and Owens Cesaro.

I really want them to give the New Day backstage stuff to do. Like when Hell No was running rampage, there was a good couple months where they got a talking segment or two each show, because they were that good. New Day have the potential to be that good, so give them that backstage stuff more.

f**k, more backstage stuff in general. Six man tag match, Wyatt's and Shaemus v Orton and Shield Bros. Sounds boring as f**k, just filler as usual. Then they played up an interaction between Bray and Shaemus. It showed them briefly putting aside their differences to go after the faces. Then later Randy came in while Reigns and Ambrose were talking and basically said he'll join the Shield Bros tonight if he gets Shaemus. Reigns and Ambrose both comment that he has a decent attitude now, because he was an authority grunt last time they came against each other.

Two two minute promos, and the match felt like much much more of a big deal. You got to see the possible team dynamics, speculate through the night about which alliance has the most chance of beating the other. All from four minutes of backstage interaction.

For whatever reason, wrestlers don't have relationships outside of their prime target any more. You need threads to stitch together a decent character. Likes, dislikes, etc etc. Just thinking 2001 x-7 here for a minute. I remember Kurt Angle obsessing over Chris Benoit. He had backstage segments with Edge and Christian, William Regal, Chris Benoit, and if i remember right, Vince McMahon. You got to see who he was to these other guys, and the character was clearer for it. And having a clearer character, where you knew their backstory and history, the character was over because of it.

Now you have a guy come out and fight another guy for 6 weeks, but there is no interaction outside them two guys. There is being the focal point to not confuse fans, but when the feud happens in a vacuum it becomes stale.

That's enough rambling :p

Fair enough points

Haffa

New Day is the only reason I tune in anymore.

tumblr_nr4mz0jC4K1sbzhteo1_400.gif

Hoggmaster

Juniors
I like how they've evolved quite organically. When I saw that WWE had just taken the 3 black dudes who they didn't have any ideas for (who weren't the Prime Time Players) I thought it was a horrible idea. They saw the crowd's reactions though and evolved with it. The boys have run with it and its generating heat which is something that is pretty rare these days.

They remind me a little of Edge and Christian post-WM16 as they illicit heat but are the most entertaining thing on the show.

KeepingTheFaith

Referee
The Submission Sorority is no more, they will get a new name after the WWE discovered there's an adult company that uses the same name. Lolz.

Misanthrope

Staff member
Let's be honest, the only member of Submission Sorority I'd like to see doing adult videos is Paige. Charlotte looks too much like her Dad to be considered hot.

mackdadday

Juniors
Pretty uninspiring card for the '4 hour extravaganza' so far.

Title vs title match we've already witnessed on RAW with a clean win to Cena.

A triple threat for the intercontinental title that has been built up and not cared about for over 2 months now.

Tag team Wyatts vs Shiled minus Rollins and Rowan.

Lesnar Vs Taker part 2.

I assume they are going to fill it up with:

New Day being once again cutdown by the PTP (shame wwe shame)

Owens vs Cesaro (great chemistry but nothing on the line - Would love a match where after some heinous actions Sheamus is forced by The Authority to put his money in the bank brief case on the line in a triple threat - Both of them as Mr MITB would add ten times what Sheamus does to the show as a whole)

A womans title or match? Ive heard talk about adding a womans tag title to the WWE.

Rusev vs Ziggler

Wouldnt be suprised to see a battle royal either.

alien

Referee
Pretty uninspiring card for the '4 hour extravaganza' so far.

Title vs title match we've already witnessed on RAW with a clean win to Cena.

A triple threat for the intercontinental title that has been built up and not cared about for over 2 months now.

Tag team Wyatts vs Shiled minus Rollins and Rowan.

Lesnar Vs Taker part 2.

I assume they are going to fill it up with:

New Day being once again cutdown by the PTP (shame wwe shame)

Owens vs Cesaro (great chemistry but nothing on the line - Would love a match where after some heinous actions Sheamus is forced by The Authority to put his money in the bank brief case on the line in a triple threat - Both of them as Mr MITB would add ten times what Sheamus does to the show as a whole)

A womans title or match? Ive heard talk about adding a womans tag title to the WWE.

Rusev vs Ziggler

Wouldnt be suprised to see a battle royal either.

looks good to me.

and i like the idea of a divas tag team title (there are enough divas to do that)

i hope erick rowan comes back at summerslam and helps the wyatt family win

Hoggmaster

Juniors
I like the idea of stop calling them diva's. The division will never be taken seriously whilst they are referred to that way. Imagine if the men were called the 'Prima Donnas' or the 'gigolos' etc.

mackdadday

Juniors
I think the WWE have done nothing for Rowan..you know breaking up the Wyatts without real explanation or build up. Around the survivors series Rowan started getting some big cheers but then WWE went ahead and put him on a 15 week losing streak. I think having him and harper do the Dudleys finisher won't help either. Rowan did the torture rack once..now thats a good finisher.

alien

Referee
rowan and harper make a good tag team. when rowan comes back they should be a tag team again and both be apart of the wyatt family. when is rowan expected back???

Bulldog Force

Referee
I like the idea of stop calling them diva's. The division will never be taken seriously whilst they are referred to that way. Imagine if the men were called the 'Prima Donnas' or the 'gigolos' etc.

Going back to calling them "Women" is the way forward... and reintroducing the womens title.

WWE_Women's_Championship_2015.jpg.png

Bulldog Force

Referee
Let's be honest, the only member of Submission Sorority I'd like to see doing adult videos is Paige. Charlotte looks too much like her Dad to be considered hot.

Paige... I don't know... I mean she's hot enough, but I just can't get into the gothic-type shit.