What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

WWE SuperThread *Spoilers*

Status
Not open for further replies.

Big Pete

Referee
I don't have a problem with Dolph getting a shot as he definitely deserves it BUT I didn't like how they booked the Chicago Punk show as a lead into another show. After MitB the WWE should have tried to build the idea of Punk being in Chicago as a big deal, instead it was just same old same old.

I couldn't give a rats ass about Kane. What does he need the mask for? Since when did he care what the crowd thought? It's just filler, and not even good filler at that.

Whos Ya Daddy

First Grade
In a wrestling stronghold like Chicago why the f**k wouldn't you put Dragon in a match?

One week and their back to the usual bullshit.

Good to see Kidd on Raw, even if he's jobbing, I rate him and think he's criminally underused. Kidd/Ryder would be a good US title feud.

Good to see Dolph get a proper title match too, hopefully he can take the ball and run with it, but I'm not sure if he has staying power in the main event scene, I can't put my finger on it, but something is lacking there.

Hate the Truth face turn, and I hope it doesn't last. He was a boring face for years who was never going to be more than a mid carder, he turns heel and brings in this awesome new character only to last for about 6 months before flipping back again.

The Kane angle I am unsure about, but I guess it keeps Cena busy for a month. Certainly has potential, but in the WWE it doesn't mean much.

Hate Booker beating Cody, Booker is past his best, Cody is a gun, if Cody drops the strap to Booker I'll be pissed.

Expecting the returner to interupt the Punk/Ziggler title match next week.

Bulldog Force

Referee
I don't know about you guys, but I am absolutely SICK TO DEATH of this Cena-hate storyline. The WWE has truly gone stale this year. If not for The Rocks return and CM Punks truth-telling persona, they would've lost me after WM!

Big Pete

Referee
Marshall Magic said:
Good to see Kidd on Raw, even if he's jobbing, I rate him and think he's criminally underused. Kidd/Ryder would be a good US title feud.

Kidd is awesome and I thought he performed well with a limited opportunity. Everything he did was with purpose and intensity and it really made the match better.

Marshall Magic said:
Good to see Dolph get a proper title match too, hopefully he can take the ball and run with it, but I'm not sure if he has staying power in the main event scene, I can't put my finger on it, but something is lacking there.

He doesn't really have a defined personality AND he's been booked terribly in 2011. I believe he's lost more matches than basically anyone who isn't a Superstar regular.

Marshall Magic said:
Hate the Truth face turn, and I hope it doesn't last. He was a boring face for years who was never going to be more than a mid carder, he turns heel and brings in this awesome new character only to last for about 6 months before flipping back again.

Judging from his promo, he's keeping his crazy persona he's just turning on Miz. Whether it means a face turn remains to be seen but if does wander down that path you'd imagine he'd keep that character.

Marshall Magic said:
The Kane angle I am unsure about, but I guess it keeps Cena busy for a month. Certainly has potential, but in the WWE it doesn't mean much.

Eh it's just filler. They made the right move taking the focus away from Kane and using his arrival to boost the Wrestlemania build-up...even if the return still seems a tad stupid. I don't expect much of a match between these two and still think it's a silly pairing. Kane returning with the mask at the Rumble and eliminating fools would have been fun.

Marshall Magic said:
Hate Booker beating Cody, Booker is past his best, Cody is a gun, if Cody drops the strap to Booker I'll be pissed.

It was just setting up the third and final match. Booker isn't going over Cody, this program is designed to give Cody heat for beating a respected vet. Booker would have a hard time being respected if he didn't have at least some kind of victory.

Who's Ya Daddy said:
Groin?

Why not have Dragon put him out on Smackdown and sell an injury to get him over.

ADR was in no shape to compete and it would have just looked silly if they had this happen.

Who's Ya Daddy said:
Not as bad as Yoshi.

Just as bad.

Trent Barreta, Drew McIntyre, Primo & Justin Gabriel should also feel slighted. All talented workers who don't get to show their strengths off in-front of American TV audiences.

Whos Ya Daddy

First Grade
ADR was in no shape to compete and it would have just looked silly if they had this happen.
If he can wrestle a squash match have him come out and get his head kicked in. Then have Dragon demand some competition/call someone out and have a good match.

I was wrong, this booking on the fly is easy as long as I'm doing it.

Just as bad.

Trent Barreta, Drew McIntyre, Primo & Justin Gabriel should also feel slighted. All talented workers who don't get to show their strengths off in-front of American TV audiences.
From what I've seen of him, Yoshi had done pretty well to get his gimmick over and then they rolled him out as a Z grade Muta rip off. That's sort of what I was referring to.

Kidd's a good wrestler and given he's going to be the last of the WWE talent to graduate from the Hart dungeon I'm a little surprised he's so underused. Not really he's "small".

Whos Ya Daddy

First Grade
Michael Cole's Commentary

As noted earlier, there has been internal discussion about how Michael Cole has buried talents over the past year and how that burying hasn't helped them any.

Zack Ryder and Daniel Bryan were specifically brought up as far as Cole burying them goes. It was pointed out that Cole has put them down in commentary forever and both haven't been booked as main event talents up until recently and it showed when they had to rely on Bryan, Ryder and CM Punk to carry the RAW main event, which flopped, a few weeks back.

Whos Ya Daddy

First Grade
It's about time. No one on commentary does a good job to get these guys over and they get the f**k buried out of them by Cole.

Yet he puts over Cena and Orton and they wonder why the ratings don't move in the right direction. The WWE audience are being condition to only care about a couple of guys.

Not only that but he sucks as a commentator period. Doesn't know a wrist watch from a wrist lock and they've got him on play by play.

nöyd

Staff member
cole's presence has certainly seen my wwe viewing go south as of late

Big Pete

Referee
Cole's gimmick has interfered with his work, no doubt about it.

While I was never a Cole-Miner, before this gimmick I always thought he was criticised unfairly. Obviously he's never been a big wrestling fan but I always thought he did a solid job of putting the wrestlers over and assisting with the action.

nöyd

Staff member
Cole's gimmick has interfered with his work, no doubt about it.

While I was never a Cole-Miner, before this gimmick I always thought he was criticised unfairly. Obviously he's never been a big wrestling fan but I always thought he did a solid job of putting the wrestlers over and assisting with the action.

compare him to heel lawler, who would take the piss completely out of the faces but hardly ever if never go as far as to constantly bury them

Big Pete

Referee
Yes he's gone too far these days.

But before the heel turn I always thought he was solid and copped too much flack.

Before his heel turn he was a smug fanboy, and unless you were a massive mark for the face he was unbearable. His heel turn started out okay, but he took it too far. He needs to watch JBL commentate, he dissed wrestlers but never buried anyone (except the Miz).

Big Pete

Referee
I don't know about 'smug' although I can see where you're coming from. He struck me more as a WWE tool who flip flopped to align his opinions with whoever was face at the time. It's hard to take commentators seriously when one second they're telling you this guy is terrible, he supports Souths etc. etc. and the next second he's a saint. I'd like to see more consistency from the commentators, like JBL who formed opinions on wrestlers whether they be face or heel and remained objective wherever he could.

nöyd

Staff member
what shits me the most is that cole actually buries danielson on wwe 12 as well lol

The Body was a master caller. Ventura bagged Hulkster and The Ultimate Warrior but when they met at Mania 6 he gave Hogan his dues as a real Champion when he handed Warrior the belt and raised his arm in victory. Much like JBL. JBL is so wealthy he can say what he likes.a very intelligent dude.

Status
Not open for further replies.