What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

WWE SuperThread *Spoilers*

Status
Not open for further replies.

Big Pete

Referee
The road to Wrestlemania is officially underway and it was a pretty decent show to start things off.

Show started with John Lauranaitis coming out and making a huge list of matches on both Raw and Elimination Chamber. Of course he was interupted by Punk who got the crowd to sing the 'nah nah nah goodbye' song. He cut a promo on Ace before he was interrupted by his opponent Daniel Bryan. These two traded barbs before Sheamus came out, reminded everyone he won the Rumble and will challenge either opponent at Mania and then he cut a promo on Lauranaitis to end the segment.

Randy Orton def. Dolph Ziggler via RKO. They announced Orton/Barrett for SD. How many matches is that now between these two? 8? It was another fine match but these two have had better and considering the ass whooping Dolph received at the Rumble I would have liked to of seen him restore his record with a nice win.

Brodus Clay SQUASHED Tyler Reks.

Daniel Bryan def. CM Punk via DQ when Jericho interfered. Don't let the result fool you, Jericho was after Punk but the result allowed Bryan to do his over the top celebration gimmick. These two put on a good tv match that I thought did a really good job of wetting the appetite of a potential rematch without giving away all the best spots.

Mike Tyson was announced as the next entrant into the Celebrity wing of the Hall of Fame.

Kofi Kingston def. The Miz via Trouble In Paradise. Truth came out to do commentary but didn't get involved in the match.

Beth Phoinex SQUASHED Eve Torres. After the match, Kane came after Eve but she was saved by John Cena who sent Kane racing away. *yawn*

John Lauranaitis was nearly fired in the last segment. Of course, right when Triple H was about to release him, Taker's music hit and they teased another Wrestlemania match but it appears that Triple H brushed him off to end the show.

WYD

Juniors
I liked the dialogue between Dragon and Punk, it's was like I was in bizarre-o world with Punk claiming to be the best in the world and Dragon a role model. As expected, the match was good and hopefully we get a long feud down the road because the matches will be epic.

I don't know HHH cut that promo with a straight face because I can think off one spotlight whore who always has to be the center of attention at and has no problem doing so at the expense of others.

Valheru

Coach
Punk/Bryan match was great and am I am hoping for a feud down the line sometime.

I don’t get the Undertaker/HHH storyline. Unlike others, i have no real problem with the match itself as it gives the Undertaker a chance to go 20-0 without burying a younger talent. However, it seems that undertaker is playing the HBK role of 2 years ago which just doesn’t make sense to me. Undertaker beat HHH last year at mania so why would en need to prove anything?

WYD

Juniors
There's got to be a chance of a DX screwjob given there's no other reason for the match. It would get massive heat on HHH and set him up as Vince McMahon-esque egomaniac. The Montreal screwjob was the birth of the Mr.McMahon character, a new villain could emerge at WM.

WYD

Juniors
Or HHH just wants a prominent position at WM, which really is justification in itself to go through with the angle.

nöyd

Staff member
There's got to be a chance of a DX screwjob given there's no other reason for the match. It would get massive heat on HHH and set him up as Vince McMahon-esque egomaniac. The Montreal screwjob was the birth of the Mr.McMahon character, a new villain could emerge at WM.

like it :D

has the potential to surpass montreal imo, if done right

takers streak is arguably bigger than any title belt doing the rounds nowadays.

Big Pete

Referee
It's one way of doing it but can't say I'm a fan of it.

Mind you, I'm a bigger fan of that than Triple H winning clean which seems more likely to me at this stage.

aussies1st

Staff member
They really are slow building Jericho, thought we would have more from him after the Rumble.

Big Pete

Referee
I didn't really mind.

Raw went well over time as it was and it leaves us looking forward to next week.

Big Pete

Referee
Pretty ordinary Raw this week.

Show started off with a 20 minute promo where Triple H explained why he didn't accept Undertaker's challenge. The TLDR version is that he humbled Taker last year and doesn't want to embarrass him again. Then they aired a Taker vignette where he was sitting in a chair and watching the replay saying he'll have his vengeance.

Big Show def. Daniel Bryan via Count Out. D-Bry brought AJ out to ring side and wouldn't you know it but the Big Show nearly crushed her again. This pissed D-Bry off and he ran off with AJ up the ramp.

Sheamus squashed David Otunga.

They aired some John Cena promo with a Nascar driver that apparently happened last week. That's all we saw of Cena.

Randy Orton & The Great Kahli def. Wade Barrett & Cody Rhodes. Kahli tagged himself in and finished off a weakened Rhodes for the win. After the match Kahli and Orton fought each other and Randy finished the segment with an RKO.

Chris Jericho finally cut a promo. Told the audience he trolled them and that the roster was made up of wannabes before he ran down his opponents at EC. This brought out Punk who didn't say a word, just lifted the championship and walked out.

Face divas beat the heel divas. Tamina got the pin.

John Lauranaitis walked into Triple H's office. His fate to be revealed on WWE.com @ 2am Australian daylight savings time. He made two announcements. John Cena & Kane will face one another in an AMBULANCE match and it received a Grandmaster Sexay reaction. He also revealed that Shawn Michaels will appear next week live on Raw. Triple H cut a promo on Ace to end the segment.

Chris Jericho won a six pack challenge against his opponents to gain the highly important 6th spot in the EC match. It appeared Punk had the match won until Jericho threw him out the ring and over the announcers table before pinning Ziggler while using the ropes. He posed with the title in a similar style of Punk and that appeared to be the end of the show until you could hear a woman screaming. Those screams came out of the mouth of Eve Torres who was cornered backstage by Kane who basically cut a Kane promo to end the show.

So like I said, a pretty ordinary Raw.

afinalsin666

First Grade
The run of quality RAWs we've been getting this year was bound to end. At least they've given Brodus a rest. Hopefully H reboots him, saying it was a joke by Lauranaitus.

And how laughable was the cg during the Nascar burnouts? Shoddy, WWE, very shoddy.

Apparently R-Truth is A-OK. Miz botched that one hard.

Ouch, that was a bad f**k up by the Miz. Could be the end of his push for now, wouldn't be shocked if he jobs out quickly in the chamber. Any word on Truth?

nöyd

Staff member
Ace is to continue as interim GM

f**k me that bump Truth took was to quote JR hellacious, between the back of his head and his lower back I'd say he owes miz an arse kicking outside the ring for real.

nöyd

Staff member
mizfuxsup2.gif

its a bit small but ouch!

And still got pushed off the stage by Kane. Poor guy is a punching bag at the moment. Lost every scrap of momentum his YouTube show gave him, and really hasn't got much of a chance to get onto the WM card now.

Status
Not open for further replies.