What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

WWE SuperThread *Spoilers*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Zack will be on the wrestlemania card for sure, he is too popular to leave off it, he'll probably face Kane or have a US title rematch. Looks like Cena will finally turn full heel, although he'll probably stay as he is now at least until after his match with the Rock.

afinalsin666

First Grade
It's not over...

4d90b1d452022.image.jpg

Keep rolling.....

Misanthrope

Staff member
And now I am interested in seeing Triple H v Taker at Wrestlemania.

Hell in a Cell? Yes, please!

HHH vs Taker in a cell...yes please, I wasn't too crash hot about that match before (they've had 2 matches at mania already), but inside the cell should help take it too that next level. Nothing else happened that was really unexpected, I guess we're looking at Rhodes vs Show for the title, hopefully Cody goes over in that, although they may make Santino the 3rd wheel in that one to pick up a cheap win.

WYD

Juniors
HHH vs Taker in a cell...yes please, I wasn't too crash hot about that match before (they've had 2 matches at mania already), but inside the cell should help take it too that next level. Nothing else happened that was really unexpected, I guess we're looking at Rhodes vs Show for the title, hopefully Cody goes over in that, although they may make Santino the 3rd wheel in that one to pick up a cheap win.
Break a leg Hunter, literally.

Apparently there are talks of Show vs a celebrity athlete, might be Shac, didn't really care enough to read it properly though.

I would like to see Santino vs Rhodes, and have Santino go over. He got a monstrous pop at the Elimination Chamber, and they could try an transition him into a Mic Foley type character. Funny, but we take him more seriously as a wrestler. The guy will draw, some smarks will hate it, but the mid cards are so dull.

DB

First Grade

I'm in the same boat.... was not really looking forward to this one, but HIAC with probably the two guys who have made this match is a fitting way to end. I reckon both will be done after this maybe, with Taker's talk about the Apocalypse, and the end of an era.

Break a leg Hunter, literally.

Apparently there are talks of Show vs a celebrity athlete, might be Shac, didn't really care enough to read it properly though.

I would like to see Santino vs Rhodes, and have Santino go over. He got a monstrous pop at the Elimination Chamber, and they could try an transition him into a Mic Foley type character. Funny, but we take him more seriously as a wrestler. The guy will draw, some smarks will hate it, but the mid cards are so dull.

The talk is Show/Shac, I don't see it happening though. Judging by the lead up to the chamber and then the battle royal on raw, it looks like Rhodes/Show. Although I could see them having Santino in there. I don't think Santino should go over yet though, Rhodes has been doing some great work lately and deserves the mania win, have santino win the belt off him at extreme rules.

Big Pete

Referee
Solid, if not above average edition of Raw.

Both Cena promos were really good and probably the best promos he's cut all year. Finally we have some heat between him & The Rock, I was getting tired of him bagging out The Rock but trying to balance the insult with a compliment. Hate the guy, nobody else is going to care about the feud unless you do. Overall, both promos did a good job of getting Cena over.

I thought it was stupid that they buried Santino after he had all that momentum at the Chamber. Having him tap in a minute to Bryan was like something you would see out of WCW. I know they had to get Bryan over, but why not have him do that to somebody expendable like Kahli?

Happy to see the Lauranaitis/Long feud continue. I think this is a smart way to fill the Mania undercard with workers who otherwise would have been on the show had it not been for all the returning legends. Good idea but it will be interesting to see if they'll do this AND a Money in the Bank match on the same show.

Hunter/Taker promo was good and as I was saying to a friend of mine, the only way I could ever care about this match is if they made it a Hell in a Cell match. Low and behold that's the exact direction we go with and we're preparing for what should be a really interesting match.

And I thought the Battle Royal was so stupid on a lot of levels. The most popular issue at the moment was the amount of casualties. A lot of wrestlers, particularly Wade Barrett looked worse for wear in a match that should otherwise be harmless. As unfortunate as the Barrett injury was, I couldn't believe how stupid the performers were to toss Santino out onto medics.

I also didn't like how this was the tv show in a row where we received a battle royal. I think these matches for the most part are terrible but I can tolerate them once in a blue moon, otherwise it's overkill.

Finally, what a crummy way to decide your No. 1 contender for your big championship match on the biggest show of the year. Surely they could have thought of something better like Jericho facing The Miz in a No. 1 contender's match or just straight out having Jericho call Punk out and challenging him to a match at Mania. Anything would have been a better choice than the Battle Royal.

With that said, I enjoyed hearing Punk on commentary again and his back and forth with Cole was great.

Misanthrope

Staff member
I do agree with most of Pete's thoughts regarding the Battle Royal. The match quality was pretty good, but it's lead to two injuries to guys on the rise and it didn't have near enough 'oomph' to be a realistic way to decide a #1 contender for Wrestlemania.

Given Jericho and Punk's ongoing feud and the nature of Jericho's elimination at the pay-per-view, surely a simple challenge and acceptance would suffice?

Bulldog Force

Referee
Do you guys want to know how shit this years Royal Rumble was? I will go far enough to say the 10 man Battle Royal was better than it!

Status
Not open for further replies.