What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Y.N.W.A. Thread (Liverpool fans thread) II

Status
Not open for further replies.

saint.nick

Coach
Anyway, I know this sounds BM-esque but we need to lose some games under Klopp in order to really identify and fix our flaws. Unfortunately it's made a tad harder when one of your flaws is the disgraceful home support.

cb4

First Grade
Can was terrible defensively, but I aint the wanker calling him to go in a defensive role. We played with 2 DM's, today, and it showed that he needs to be further up the pitch, not close to goal.

The substitution for Firmino was wrong. It is the first wrong sub Klopp has made. Joe Allen needed to come on.
Firmino needed to come on later for Ibe or Lallana.

The worst part is we need a goal with 10 minutes to play and we have to bring on Origi. That hurts. Sturridge can't come back quick enough.

So would you risk the 14mil on Pato?

saint.nick

Coach
f**k no, Pato is an absolute no-go. If Klopp actually buys him then I hope he's got some kind of trick up his sleeve for him.

Can was terrible all over the pitch.

Kinda agree with you about Firmino. I wanted to see him come on but not at the expense of a central midfielder.

HayneKloppter

Juniors
Can was terrible defensively, but I aint the wanker calling him to go in a defensive role. We played with 2 DM's, today, and it showed that he needs to be further up the pitch, not close to goal.

The substitution for Firmino was wrong. It is the first wrong sub Klopp has made. Joe Allen needed to come on.
Firmino needed to come on later for Ibe or Lallana.

The worst part is we need a goal with 10 minutes to play and we have to bring on Origi. That hurts. Sturridge can't come back quick enough.

So would you risk the 14mil on Pato?

can needs to be away from central positions full stop, fb provides enough protection in that if he f**ks up, he's less likely to be in front of the sticks. that's why germany play him there,....because it's his best position at the moment.

saint.nick

Coach
No, Germany only play him there because they already have much better options in midfield. If we just keep on playing him in defence, how is he supposed to learn playing in midfield?

HayneKloppter

Juniors
No, Germany only play him there because they already have much better options in midfield. If we just keep on playing him in defence, how is he supposed to learn playing in midfield?

their usual starters yes, but players like kramer and bellerabi have been preferred over can in midfield.

he doesn't belong centrally ANYWHERE until he sorts himself out with his positional awareness.

cb4

First Grade
injury prone, overrated and apparent bad attitude

* Hasn't had an injury since 2012, before that didn't have one before 2010.

* Tremendous goal/assist ratio what ever league he has played.

* Can be no worse than some of the plebs we have at the moment.

cb4

First Grade
Sure, lets put a guy who has twice cleared the ball into an opposition player to score a goal, as a defender. f**k me dead.

The guy is playing central midfield because we literally have no one else in that spot. He will be the perfect understudy to Hendo.

Honestly, do you want Milner and Lucas playing central midfield together? :lol::lol::lol::lol:

Klopp rates him as a central midfielder. I'll take that for now.

HayneKloppter

Juniors
Sure, lets put a guy who has twice cleared the ball into an opposition player to score a goal, as a defender. f**k me dead.

The guy is playing central midfield because we literally have no one else in that spot. He will be the perfect understudy to Hendo.

Honestly, do you want Milner and Lucas playing central midfield together? :lol::lol::lol::lol:

Klopp rates him as a central midfielder. I'll take that for now.

it's actually about the 4th or 5th time he's done it, a couple of times unpunished.

but the one's we've been punished is when he's playing central either as cm or dm cm, moving him to fullback ensures if he c**ks up, the ball isn't given up in front of goal, i just felt de ja vu coz i just wrote that but it appears you're too thick to understand it.

yes milner, stevie g or even salif diao would have done better than can in the last 2-3 games, by january i expect a quality addition to force can to the bench were he can be the "perfect understudy" all day long until he is actually ready to step up.

Lemon Squash

First Grade
Can had a f*cking shocker for sure, but I still think he has been one of our better players this season.

He does have to work on his decision making and composure but at least he has the balls to attempt forward passes and you can't question his heart or work rate.

I still really rate the kid he's playing arguably the hardest position on the paddock and he is still very young. We have to persevere with him so he can improve and it will pay dividends in the future, but as mentioned he is already he is our best option at the moment there regardless.

cb4

First Grade
There wont be a player to move Can to the bench in January, that will be Henderson in a fortnight.

HayneKloppter

Juniors
Can had a f*cking shocker for sure, but I still think he has been one of our better players this season.

He does have to work on his decision making and composure but at least he has the balls to attempt forward passes and you can't question his heart or work rate.

I still really rate the kid he's playing arguably the hardest position on the paddock and he is still very young. We have to persevere with him so he can improve and it will pay dividends in the future, but as mentioned he is already he is our best option at the moment there regardless.

he does? there was a video "highlight" of him on the last page where you'd be lucky to find 2 and 1 successful. milner already leads the team with opportunities created this season to put this in context.

again i don't hate the bloke, he will get better, but he should be improving at his age where he should be improving right now, as a squad player at best. fsg moneyball has brainwashed you blokes into accepting grooming unready players is the best policy

Jack_Napier

Staff member
Lol if pato was so good he wouldn't have been shipped off to the Brazilian league where there have been f**k all takers for his service despite being available.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
He wasn't available, he was injured for about a season.

He is over his injuries now and his most recent record is amazing.

He was such a talent at 18 and Milan ran him into the ground so in a way his injury/time away from the game was a blessing. He is still only 26.

He is not a striker/target man he played right forward in a 433 set up at Milan and he is just as good as assists as he is at scoring goal and has amazing pace.

He will get snapped up by some one imo, now he is back to full fitness.

saint.nick

Coach
their usual starters yes, but players like kramer and bellerabi have been preferred over can in midfield.

he doesn't belong centrally ANYWHERE until he sorts himself out with his positional awareness.

Perhaps because Kramer and Bellarabi are more experienced players and more experienced in midfield.

Ok, so lets put him in defense because apparently his defensive awareness is good :lol:

The guy is not a defender. Can sees himself as a midfielder, Klopp sees him as a midfielder.

I've been his biggest critic in midfield, but it's all part of his learning process.

saint.nick

Coach
he does? there was a video "highlight" of him on the last page where you'd be lucky to find 2 and 1 successful. milner already leads the team with opportunities created this season to put this in context.

again i don't hate the bloke, he will get better, but he should be improving at his age where he should be improving right now, as a squad player at best. fsg moneyball has brainwashed you blokes into accepting grooming unready players is the best policy

Just a heads up, all of Klopp's buys at Dortmund were 'moneyball'. It's a bit hard for Can to show noticeable improvement when this is is first full year in CM at Liverpool.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts