What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Y.N.W.A. Thread (Liverpool fans thread) II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jack_Napier

Staff member
Not reading any good news on Sakho's injury, doesn't look good at all for Mama. Cb, do you know anything about Sakho and how long he could be out for?

cb4

First Grade
No ACL damage, joint damage which genuinely leads to cartilage damage as well. I have only read the echo this morning but a the general diagnosis on the injury I am reading is anywhere from 4-8 weeks depending on the actual damage.

If there was no mention of joint damage and was cartilage only, he would be under the knife and back in 4 (depending on rehab)
Depending on the inflammation of the joint, they may wait for swelling to go down before any surgery is needed, meaning 8 weeks.

If no surgery is needed, 4-6 weeks. I will say though, there was a great deal of negligence letting him back on the pitch.
And I bet he was happy Mignolet passed him the ball straight away.

Mogsheen Jadwat

Juniors
He wasn't available, he was injured for about a season.

He is over his injuries now and his most recent record is amazing.

He was such a talent at 18 and Milan ran him into the ground so in a way his injury/time away from the game was a blessing. He is still only 26.

He is not a striker/target man he played right forward in a 433 set up at Milan and he is just as good as assists as he is at scoring goal and has amazing pace.

He will get snapped up by some one imo, now he is back to full fitness.

he hasn't had an injury since jan 2013 but he's also playing in a lot less physical league.

if you've ever watched Brazilian football, it is nowhere near as physical or high octane as one of the top european leagues. he had 14 hamstring injuries when at milan, and even the serie a is considered to be a slower pace than la liga or EPL. hamstrings aren't something you can just magically fix either, one they've been shredded a few times they will never get back to 100%.

lolesi

First Grade
So Lovren to replace Sakho. Who is our substitute CB with no Sakho, Kolo and Gomez?!! Eeekkk

cb4

First Grade
Kolo travelled to Russia. Emre would setlle back into that role.

Would be worth breaking Ilori's contract now with Villa.

lolesi

First Grade
Was thinking about him over at Villa. Yet to get a look in which isn't ideal, especially considering how rubbish Villa have been.

Maybe a new manager might give him some minutes which would be good.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
he hasn't had an injury since jan 2013 but he's also playing in a lot less physical league.

if you've ever watched Brazilian football, it is nowhere near as physical or high octane as one of the top european leagues. he had 14 hamstring injuries when at milan, and even the serie a is considered to be a slower pace than la liga or EPL. hamstrings aren't something you can just magically fix either, one they've been shredded a few times they will never get back to 100%.

you mean like the UCL that he played in for about 5 years and did very well

maybe you should just stick with your existing duds if you think they are better than Pato

Mogsheen Jadwat

Juniors
you mean like the UCL that he played in for about 5 years and did very well

maybe you should just stick with your existing duds if you think they are better than Pato

ah yes, the serie a and UCL, where he suffered multiple hamstring injuries, and since being back in brazil, has suffered zero in nearly 3 years? way to totally miss the point lol

Jack_Napier

Staff member
dont think we have the option to recall iLori either guys. Pretty sure we can only do that during a transfer window, was a stupid decision to loan him to villa, specially with a buy option in their favour.

He's super quick so a high line would suit him big time.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
Bit touchie on Pato Twiz, you keen on him?

yeh, big fan and used to watch him weekly being a Milan fan, he's all class

I cant believe you guys would just brush any interest aside, he would improve your squad enormously

he needed to get away from Milan, they nearly crippled him but if you follow his recent form in Brazil which I have, he seems to be back in some decent form and injury free

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
ah yes, the serie a and UCL, where he suffered multiple hamstring injuries, and since being back in brazil, has suffered zero in nearly 3 years? way to totally miss the point lol

well one of us did, Milan damaged him

no injuries in 3 years, yeh I'd say he's on the mend

sure its easier but you can only play the team in front of you

cb4

First Grade
yeh, big fan and used to watch him weekly being a Milan fan, he's all class

I cant believe you guys would just brush any interest aside, he would improve your squad enormously

he needed to get away from Milan, they nearly crippled him but if you follow his recent form in Brazil which I have, he seems to be back in some decent form and injury free

No one from Liverpool has brushed him aside. More fans I follow would rather Pato than not.

HayneKloppter

Juniors
dont think we have the option to recall iLori either guys. Pretty sure we can only do that during a transfer window, was a stupid decision to loan him to villa, specially with a buy option in their favour.

He's super quick so a high line would suit him big time.

if llori was 1 year or 2 younger we could recall him anytime under rules of a youth loan, the problem is that even if there was a recall clause, he's not in the original 25 man squad, and he's not u21 for exemption, same goes for andre wisdom.

the only viable options within the club is a makeshift cb or promoting young daniel cleary or lloyd jones (another youth loan)

another option is an emergency loan if it ever got to that point, but the available talent would likely be pitiful

who would have thought a month ago we'd be praying for lovren to stay fit for an extended run, irony

Last edited:

cb4

First Grade
Gomez Toure* Sakho Flanno

Milner* Henderson Rossiter Ibe*

Sturridge Ings

Almost a decent team to run out with. What a horrible, horrible run of injuries.

Our CB depth now is extremely thin. Lovren and Toure are still not 100% either.

Jack_Napier

Staff member
It's a horrible injury run at the moment. Klopp has come in at the worst possible time injury wise. Main problem being that 3 of our best and most influential players in Sturridge, Hendo and Now Sakho all injured at the same time.

Thankfully Hendo will be back after the international break so we'll at least get out captain back.

cb4

First Grade
Linked heavily with Niklas Sule and Timo Horn.

Sule is a 6'4 centre back. Best in Europe at heading the ball. RCB as well. 20 years old. If we hit his release I don't now Hoffenheim will deal with us if we come back for Volland.

Horn is a 22 year old keeper, highly regarded. Better than Kevin Trapp, has a higher ceiling that Ter Stegen and is making strides in the German National team.

7mil release clause in January. Arsenal wanted him before they got Petr.

cb4

First Grade
Some info about Horn:

* 6'4 goalkeeper. Current contract expires in 2019.

* 113 goals conceded in 120 games for Cologne (0.9 per game/1 every 1.08 games)

* 49 clean sheets (40% of games). As a comparison: Mignolet has 33 n 110 games (30% of games overall)

* Last season: Went over 365 minutes (6 hours) without conceding a goal.

cb4

First Grade
Also got told that Sturridge knee wasn't the only problem, his hip flared up again.

Back in training now, and will be in contention for the City game.

Status
Not open for further replies.