What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Y.N.W.A. Thread (Liverpool fans thread) II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jack_Napier

Staff member
Sweet another 20m down the drain. Tho this time around at least it'll be Klopp's decision. Would rather we use what we have instead of buying yet again. Spend good coin on a midfield general and boss keeper. Let what we have in Markovic, Ibe and possible Ojo get a crack at wing positions.

Been reading how highly Ojo is thought of as well lately. He's one of the next young guns who is very highly thought of everywhere. Should see him on and around the first team next season when he'll be 18 I believe.

HayneKloppter

Juniors
To quote Dr Evil "riiighhhht". Video (link below) says different

https://mtc.cdn.vine.co/r/videos/83...p4?versionId=74mcfYr6LYSlQk6P_WmGXGmEjLrzJHM_

p.s.

It was complete luck I woke up in time to catch this match. I'm so thankful I did.
83C326CF631279913694100897792_4b348d9bc1f.3.0.10207478722743569886.mp4

congrats it took 2 seasons to find an assist from him worth while of note.

he still dribbled aimlessly into traffic throughout, is as timid as a deer in headlights with his toepoke deft touch dribbling ability, and routinely sells his team mates short with passes either with no guts, or pointless like the ball back to mignolet that ended up conceeding the goal

cb4

First Grade
Sweet another 20m down the drain. Tho this time around at least it'll be Klopp's decision. Would rather we use what we have instead of buying yet again. Spend good coin on a midfield general and boss keeper. Let what we have in Markovic, Ibe and possible Ojo get a crack at wing positions.

Been reading how highly Ojo is thought of as well lately. He's one of the next young guns who is very highly thought of everywhere. Should see him on and around the first team next season when he'll be 18 I believe.

The decision will come down to who Klopp thinks he can work with out of Markovic and his target.
I have no doubt that if Marko was not injured he would have been called back for a few weeks to run the rue over him.
If we are a legit chance of getting Sane and it means shedding Markovic, then I am all for it as that is what Klopp will want.

I dare say we may even try and send him in the other direction and chuck in a buy back clause.

Ojo is and has always been highly rated but the problem is our edges are very weak and we cant wait for kids to develop.
There is only a years difference between Ojo and Sane, but light years in quality.

cb4

First Grade
Exactly.

We won't re-coup 15mil for Allen, 20 Mil for Lovren, 25mil for Lallana ect.

But if we can re-coup some then it helps.

On the flip side, players like Sakho, Coutinho ect will grow in price so if they ever want to leave it balances out.

Jack_Napier

Staff member
All well and good to say it's not our money but the owners can't leak money like they have every year while expanding Anfield. Club is already in big enough debt, not many new owners will want to take on big debt, stage 2 of stadium expansion and find another 80-100m on players each summer window.

HayneKloppter

Juniors
All well and good to say it's not our money but the owners can't leak money like they have every year while expanding Anfield. Club is already in big enough debt, not many new owners will want to take on big debt, stage 2 of stadium expansion and find another 80-100m on players each summer window.

...except they haven't leaked money at all, they've made a motsa out of pawning our stars.

the year in year out investment they've made is none less than expected from a club like ours,

stop buying into the FSG bullshit

Jack_Napier

Staff member
No worries CJ, I don't read anything from FSG. The amount of investment they have had to put in is well above what they expected.

It's a moot point anyway cod as you and CB said it isn't really our money. Just would rather the club be a lot smarter than what they have been.

The reinvestment of selling Suarez and Sterling was gone before the final instalments will ever get near the club as well.

cb4

First Grade
The myth of FSG not having money, or access to money is a different topic all together.

I disagree on Firmino being twice the value of Sterling, Sterling has had a better year to date. Firmino is now finding his feet.

I feel now that the owners won't be blowing large sums of cash as that is not Klopp's way, unless a genuine superstar wants to go to him.

FSG are setting us up for the long haul, and putting themselves in a nice position, should they choose to sell.

Jack_Napier

Staff member
Yeah that post of yours a few weeks back cb seemed to outline their strategy and it was very good/interesting reading. As long as they have turned the corner and won't be blowing money on potential that won't get a look in then I'm all for it.

You mentioned the possible changing of the front office with Cortese possibly. Would love to see Klopp bring in his Dortmund scouts but how realistic is that when he said he won't go back to Dortmund for players?

The results and style on the pitch with Klopp will help the owners as well you'd imagine. Its so much fun watching us again after the last season and a bit of BR so hopefully it's onwards and upwards for LFC

cb4

First Grade
Don't mis-interperut what was said about the Dortmund players. There is merely and agreement that he wont go behind Dortmunds back, but I would wager that players like Subotic and co that Klopp shared a bond with will be made available, providing they hand it in writing.

I read recently that Cortese was going to take the LUFC role, so it will be interesting but everything I have heard is that Ayre won't be around much longer.

I imagine the front office staff that want to leave and move to Klopp will just not have their contract extended. Zorc is the DoF at Dortmund and he is no closer to re-signing, get him and we are 1000 times better as a club.

The results are refreshing, but there will be 2 things and 2 things only that will depend how far we dip into the cash pool in January. Injuries and league standing.

Summer is a different kettle of fish, but make no mistake, funds will be made available to Klopp in January.

Just one more thing, after we beat Chelsea and City away, Klopp said we can get better.

After we drew 1-1 at home with f**king Norwich, BR said we showed Character. Spot the difference.

Jack_Napier

Staff member
Don't mis-interperut what was said about the Dortmund players. There is merely and agreement that he wont go behind Dortmunds back, but I would wager that players like Subotic and co that Klopp shared a bond with will be made available, providing they hand it in writing.

I read recently that Cortese was going to take the LUFC role, so it will be interesting but everything I have heard is that Ayre won't be around much longer.

I imagine the front office staff that want to leave and move to Klopp will just not have their contract extended. Zorc is the DoF at Dortmund and he is no closer to re-signing, get him and we are 1000 times better as a club.

The results are refreshing, but there will be 2 things and 2 things only that will depend how far we dip into the cash pool in January. Injuries and league standing.

Summer is a different kettle of fish, but make no mistake, funds will be made available to Klopp in January.

Just one more thing, after we beat Chelsea and City away, Klopp said we can get better.

After we drew 1-1 at home with f**king Norwich, BR said we showed Character. Spot the difference.

Yeah I read on another site that if Subo wanted to leave, Dortmund would have no problems making him available and you'd imagine any of the players they have would like that. Let's face it they have quality and will be well compensated.

Would love a good DoF like Cryuff and Zorc as well. I know Cryuff is absolutely no chance and Zorc having worked with Klopp is such a good fit as well. He is a former player and loved at BVB isn't he. Might make getting him that little bit more difficult. Would absolutely love to see it cb, really hoping you're on the money there with him and us trying to get him if available.

The difference between BR and Klopp is huge like you've pointed out. Rodgers trotted out the same lines when it was obvious he was just saving face. In hindsight now it just looked like he wasn't passionate about what he was doing. Klopp seems to be out there with the players each minute of the 90. I've even noticed how he goes up to every opposition player and shakes their hands after the game . He lives and breathes football and it'll show up in every facet of our club as each week passes.

We truly have one of the best managers in world football and good damn it feels good.

cb4

First Grade
Zorc is loved at BvB like Klopp was at Mainz, but everyone has a price, and challenge is the key thing on football. Even Raul didn't stay at Madrid his entire life.

Getting Klopp is brilliant. I know they are only rumours at this stage, but the quality of player we are linked with now compared to BR is incredible.

There is a good article with Sturrdige on Ibe, and the support he gives him, but he also mentions how Klopp trains them. How they train like they play.

I know that wasn't the case with BR. It was all trickery and finesse. We must also be doing some defensive work, because we don't look as brittle at the back as we have.

Exciting times to be an LFC fan. I actually look forward to waking up at 3am for a game...

HayneKloppter

Juniors
http://www.thisisanfield.com/2015/1...or-liverpool-again-in-legends-game-in-sydney/

Liverpool have announced that Steven Gerrard will play for the club again this January… in a Legends game to be played in Sydney, Australia.

A Liverpool Legends team, featuring Gerrard and Jamie Carragher, will play an Australian Legends XI in Sydney on January 7th.

Ian Rush, John Arne Riise and Didi Hamann will also feature for the Reds, who will be managed by Gerard Houllier.

The game takes place during the MLS off-season, meaning Gerrard is able to feature. It will be the first time he’s worn the Liverbird since his final game for the club in May.

The match will be played at the 82,000 seater ANZ Stadium.

“It will be great to play with the official Liverpool FC Legends,” said Gerrard. “The squad looks like it’s a great set of lads, it’ll be good to get on the pitch with them. Our fans are the best and to play in front of them again will be emotional, I’m sure.”

Get IN !!! :) :)

which team will harry trot out for? :0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts