What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Y.N.W.A. Thread (Liverpool fans thread) II

Status
Not open for further replies.

cb4

First Grade
Good news re: coutinho injury. Nothing serious.

TBH, I would have been very surprised had it been a nasty injury. The way he grabbed at it suggested it was more a stinger than a major tear.
It probably just tightened up.

I posted after the game that he will be out for the Europa game, and I don't think he would have been on the bench anyway.
I can see him as an un-used sub v Swansea.

Been told that Klopp is toying with the idea of starting Sturridge and Benteke v Bordeaux.

Also been told that for league games, Benteke will be used as a sub. Sturridge to start, Benteke either as a direct replacement or to partner him. Benteke will be used to change the game, not dictate the game.

HayneKloppter

Juniors
TBH, I would have been very surprised had it been a nasty injury. The way he grabbed at it suggested it was more a stinger than a major tear.
It probably just tightened up.

I posted after the game that he will be out for the Europa game, and I don't think he would have been on the bench anyway.
I can see him as an un-used sub v Swansea.

Been told that Klopp is toying with the idea of starting Sturridge and Benteke v Bordeaux.

Also been told that for league games, Benteke will be used as a sub. Sturridge to start, Benteke either as a direct replacement or to partner him. Benteke will be used to change the game, not dictate the game.

klopp said post match firmino started simply because benteke was on international duty and couldn't fit in a practice session, he was insinuating that benteke is his 1st preference as starter and spoke glowingly of benteke's performance when he came on, especially his defensive work

cb4

First Grade
klopp said post match firmino started simply because benteke was on international duty and couldn't fit in a practice session, he was insinuating that benteke is his 1st preference as starter and spoke glowingly of benteke's performance when he came on, especially his defensive work

He also said to Firmino that he is a striker that can play midfield, not a midfielder who can play striker.

spoke glowingly of benteke's performance when he came on

Yep, we will continue to see that. Sturridge will start.

Benteke was also fresh after international duty, he sat on the bench in both of Belguims games.

He an Migs were also 2 of the first back.

HayneKloppter

Juniors
Benteke was also fresh after international duty, he sat on the bench in both of Belguims games.

He an Migs were also 2 of the first back.

doesn't change the fact he didn't get a practice game (good closed door match btw vs wolves) where countinho and firmino got to work on some chemistry.

klopp then ranted for a minute about how international fixtures aren't helping him with implementing his gameplans.

Mogsheen Jadwat

Juniors
EUFA ALL TIME XI

11214275_1084897888208886_1919173614801983373_n.png

he's better than fat lampard....

Switch Lahm to RB and bring Maldini in at LB

cb4

First Grade
doesn't change the fact he didn't get a practice game (good closed door match btw vs wolves) where countinho and firmino got to work on some chemistry.

klopp then ranted for a minute about how international fixtures aren't helping him with implementing his gameplans.

Ok. Benteke didn't play an international game, but started on the bench because he didn't play a closed door game.

Meanwhile, Lallana and Clyne actually got games for England, got back later than Benteke and Migs (who also got playing time) and started on the weekend.

:lol:

saint.nick

Coach
So...Rodgers didn't focus on defence, and prioritised tricks and finesse. How the f**k a professional manager sees the logic in that is mystifying.

HayneKloppter

Juniors
Ok. Benteke didn't play an international game, but started on the bench because he didn't play a closed door game.

Meanwhile, Lallana and Clyne actually got games for England, got back later than Benteke and Migs (who also got playing time) and started on the weekend.

:lol:

lallana and clyne have been constants in the side and in good form.

it's the central spots that are under competition atm.

i'm just posting what klopp said, not sure why it's somehow rubbed you the wrong way.

cb4

First Grade
So...Rodgers didn't focus on defence, and prioritised tricks and finesse. How the f**k a professional manager sees the logic in that is mystifying.

Nailed it.

Trainings are now longer, and more frequent, with an emphasis put on recovery as well.

There is limited downtime for the players atm. Klopp is demanding the players be more professional. Train more, train harder, train longer.

cb4

First Grade
lallana and clyne have been constants in the side and in good form.

it's the central spots that are under competition atm.

i'm just posting what klopp said, not sure why it's somehow rubbed you the wrong way.

Hasn't rubbed me up the wrong way, just passing on what I am told.

Like Benteke being an impact sub. Not sure why it is rubbing you up the wrong way.

saint.nick

Coach
CJ, why do you love trying to get into fights with people on here? :lol:

Yeah common sense shit really cb4, amazing how he got his coaching badges.

When you hear people say something like, 'Rodgers was a brilliant manager, BUT right now Liverpool...', it's the most blatant dig veiled with diplomacy :lol:

Even Firmino was at it. He mustn't really think Rodgers was a great manager if he only lasted a few weeks this season.

lolesi

First Grade
Nailed it.

Trainings are now longer, and more frequent, with an emphasis put on recovery as well.

There is limited downtime for the players atm. Klopp is demanding the players be more professional. Train more, train harder, train longer.

Good to hear, it is how it should be.

These are highly paid professionals on amazing coin, sounds like for the first time in a long time they are actually earning it.

Can't see any negatives out of what is being implemented. The hard edge will build a physical toughness and mental strength which will in turn bring success.

HayneKloppter

Juniors
Hasn't rubbed me up the wrong way, just passing on what I am told.

Like Benteke being an impact sub. Not sure why it is rubbing you up the wrong way.

what you've been told vs what klopp's being quoted :lol:

guess you've answered it right there.

Jack_Napier

Staff member
Speaking of Constants in the side i'm pretty sure Càn has played more minutes than anyone else for us this season. Sure I heard them talking about it on an Anfield Index podcast.

Didn't Klopp have something to do with Sports Medicine as well which would surely be helping us when it's comes to training and recovery.

saint.nick

Coach
By the way cb4, you have taken what Klopp said about Firmino out of context. During the City game in particular, he wanted Firmino to be a striker that sometimes went to midfield, not a midfielder who sometime went to striker, which he was trying to point out to Firmino from the touchline

Status
Not open for further replies.