What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Y.N.W.A. Thread (Liverpool fans thread) II

Status
Not open for further replies.

HayneKloppter

Juniors
What the hell do you mean by FSG signing? A Comolli signing is just as much an 'FSG signing' as a committee signing is. Both arrangements were put in place by FSG. FSG do not scout players.

Sterling wasn't even a 'signing'. He was an academy player bought from QPR who still had a relatively long way to go before first team football was viable.

Comolli was solely in charge of recruitment, the way it should be. Someone in the know making decisions without other interfering agendas. Our hay day for talent on the field - alonso Torres reina masha etc was when Rafa was prepared to stand up for this. A transfer committee is not how you run a football club with ambition

Jack_Napier

Staff member
Comolli was solely in charge of recruitment, the way it should be. Someone in the know making decisions without other interfering agendas. Our hay day for talent on the field - alonso Torres reina masha etc was when Rafa was prepared to stand up for this. A transfer committee is not how you run a football club with ambition

FSG actually tried to go this approach. They originally asked Johan Cryuff if he was available for a Director of Football kind of role. He knocked us back. Rodgers also didn't want to work under that structure, and who'd trust him solely on recruitment.

HayneKloppter

Juniors
FSG actually tried to go this approach. They originally asked Johan Cryuff if he was available for a Director of Football kind of role. He knocked us back. Rodgers also didn't want to work under that structure, and who'd trust him solely on recruitment.

Rodgers wanted more of a say, so they gave him a transfer committee because he didn't have enough reputation at the time to stand against it, not his fault. A transfer committee was never the answer

saint.nick

Coach
If you're trying to get an argument out of us supporting the transfer committee, then you're failing.

GC's self-obligation to make that comment says a lot more about you than him.

Mogsheen Jadwat

Juniors
the TC isn't the answer but Rodgers having more of a say wasn't either.
let's just hope jurgen does indeed have the first and last say on transfers.

cb4

First Grade
Some big clubs have successful transfer committee's because they have experienced people at the table.

The problem for us, is our CEO is an accountant, we don't have a well renowned head scout, and FSG have 3 of their boys with the fingers in the pie.

All transfers at every club go through a committee like process, but the manager gets the final say if the price is right.

We need the same thing, but we need a DoF to replace Ayre, and we need to scout some better head scouts.

We also need to broaden our search outside of England for right now talent.

saint.nick

Coach
Some big clubs have successful transfer committee's because they have experienced people at the table.

The problem for us, is our CEO is an accountant, we don't have a well renowned head scout, and FSG have 3 of their boys with the fingers in the pie.

All transfers at every club go through a committee like process, but the manager gets the final say if the price is right.

We need the same thing, but we need a DoF to replace Ayre, and we need to scout some better head scouts.

We also need to broaden our search outside of England for right now talent.

Exactly, all clubs have something very similar. Ours is only well-known because of the title we have given it that makes itself sound a lot more unique than it actually is.

Jack_Napier

Staff member
our scouts are too crash hot, I'm sure if Hunter and Fallows were top notch they'd still be at City.

How much say does Michael Gordon actually have as well. I know he handles the day to day running of the football club, he is another investment banker with absolutely no knowledge of European football.

Foz

Bench
Gee we aren't having much luck with injuries.(except for the sub scoring that is)

Last edited:

lolesi

First Grade
It's ridiculous Foz.. Pretty much 13 now.. And close to our best 13!

Even if they didn't want to buy in January I think it's pretty much a necessity now!

1-0 to the good guys at HT. Goal to Ibe

cb4

First Grade
Can and Kolo clear as day man of the match.

Big performance in the midfield from Can, he absolutely bossed it. Firmino looks better as a false 9, if Sturridge can ever get fit, a front 3 of Coutinho, Frimino and Sturridge will be deadly.

Joe Allen put in a big game as well.

Very impressive.

The irony though. Stoke fans yelling cheat at Migs for time wasting but they did it for 6 years under Pulis.

HayneKloppter

Juniors
terrific performance from allen, odd substitution, we have exeter in a few days, will be interesting to see what happens if toure is out also, lucas might have to fill in, at least not emre can not clear

Lemon Squash

First Grade
Worst injury toll we have had for a while as far as I can remember anyways... going into this season I remember thinking that although we didn't have any real 'Star' players we at least had relatively decent depth in most positions but it is getting severely tested at the moment.

Didn't see the game but just glad to get the win, Stoke are a pretty decent outfit this year any team with the front four they have will ask questions of you.

lolesi

First Grade
I have a mate who is a massive loud mouth stoke fan who is an absolute punish when they win... So today is a sweet day.

Wouldn't be surprised to see Smith start in the FA cup, along with a few other fringe players.. I don't think we have a choice.

cb4

First Grade
I have a mate who is a massive loud mouth stoke fan who is an absolute punish when they win... So today is a sweet day.

Wouldn't be surprised to see Smith start in the FA cup, along with a few other fringe players.. I don't think we have a choice.

I am hoping smith starts and Moreno plays as a wide winger. I think that is the position that suits him the most.

The clash against Exeter is a chance to play the fringe players. Give the guys a rest. Klopp said Kolo was just cramp, and I dare say that today we rush the termination of Ilori's loan deal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts