What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Y.N.W.A. Thread (Liverpool fans thread) II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jack_Napier

Staff member
Yep, first goal was more can and Lucas fault but nick hits the nail on the head for me. He stayed down the whole time, get up and stop being a fairy. The 3 players standing there watching Valencia cross were to blame more than Moreno tho.

saint.nick

Coach
It's so f**king easy to score against us if you know how to do it. Physically intimidate us, cross the ball in, and job done. We're just blessed to have a manager who can endure shit setbacks. I watched the LFC documentary on him, his efforts to get Mainz promoted were like torture. Klopp is no ordinary manager like Mourinho to take the easy option. So anyone who reckons that the enormity of this project 'scares him' is so embarrassingly misguided.

I really don't understand the criticism towards him in terms of tactics, team selections and etc. He may persist with some under-performing players, such as Lallana, but the team right now is essentially in the middle of an 'audition' phase for next season. He needs to be generous with giving players a chance so he can make a true assessment of them. These are 'mistakes' he needs to make to learn about the team.

As for tactics, I find this team quite tactically limited at the moment. We have lots of injuries, we have no ability to get into a physical grind, we have too many players that are similar to each other, a player who totally does not fit into the system, and some players who are not to required standard. For example, the obvious tactic against a physical team like West Ham is to first physically stand up to them, and then play around them with quick passing. However, we are incapable of physical engagement, and we don't have a team with near enough chemistry to coordinate a slick, coherently fast passing game.

Some suggest to play two up front (inc. Benteke), but if he can't move around by himself then I don't expect how he can move around in conjunction with a striker partner. I could be wrong, but it's not as absolute as people think.

lolesi

First Grade
Fair points nick and understandable, though I am of the belief a strike partner could benefit Ben for sure.

I think a reason why he may be seen to be struggling to move around atm is due to him being solely a central target man based in the middle, which easily isolates him against two central defenders every time with hardly any decent service. (Watching west ham crosses to Carroll compared to ours last night as an example)

Put in a second option either up with him or off his shoulder you immediately take one of the central defenders away from Ben and greatly improved his chance of not only movement, but success in a one on one scenario.

Ben can now either play in the other option or isolate himself against half the defence force he would normally have and in fairness to him we have seen him for Villa succeed in this manner

This is just my opinion but given the lack of service from our creative play makers at this point it really doesn't matter ha!!

saint.nick

Coach
He's only a central target man because he acts like one. If he actually moved around more then it wouldn't be so easy for defenders to mark him. Origi played as a lone striker against Leicester and looked much more threatening.

cb4

First Grade
Rodgers sold Carroll for not being mobile. He went out and brought Balotelli only to loan him for not being mobile, then spent our life savings on a f**king statue.

I will say this though, I fully blame Klopp for not having a partner with him. Firmino is capable of playing up front, and so is Jerome Sinclair.
His substitutions were also appalling in this game. He got it wrong again.

Also, a rumour going around, Barca will sell us Ter Stegen if they get first option in the Summer on Coutinho. See ya Phil.

HayneKloppter

Juniors
Carroll was purchased by king kenny, sacked by Fenway prematurely. Ballo was purchased by fenways committee despite Rodgers not wanting a bar of him and saying so at the start of that transfer window, benteke was purchased also by the committee, Rodgers knew he didn't match his game plan.

There is one common denominator, it is Fenway,

cb4

First Grade
I don't know why I decided to read your post, but you are wrong on the committee and Benteke. Benteke was Rodgers number 1 signing in the Summer.
So much so that he fought with the owners about Firmino as long as it didn't cost him Benteke.

Jack_Napier

Staff member
I don't believe the Ter Stegen rumours for one second. No way Barca will sell their long term future keeper for someone who will sit on their bench. They haven't even looked at a possible replacement either and sides that big usually have someone lined up to replace before selling.

HayneKloppter

Juniors

1. it's squaka, a site for quoting other sites
2. it's a reporter's quote with no sources

:lol:

tell me why would rodgers support a signing of a player that clearly didn't suit his setup either?

regardless you missed the point, wether he did or didn't, fenway's transfer committee is a joke, it serves no purpose other than to protect commercial interests, having multiple conflicting people making jumbled transfer decisions only causes confusion and makes damien comolli look like a nobel peace prize winner.

and the reason you respond is simply because i stick to discussing real football, and you look like a complete airhead if you don't and you know it.

always remember....there's an ignore button if you can't handle it....press it

Jack_Napier

Staff member
FSG set up the transfer committee because of Rodgers messing up transfers in the first place.

Last edited:

cb4

First Grade
The transfer committee made better signings for us than Rodgers ever could have.

HayneKloppter

Juniors
The transfer committee made better signings for us than Rodgers ever could have.

suarez sturridge and sterling were all pre committee signings....

markovic lallana lovren benteke firmino joe allen mliner and balo wages all massive coin under fenway committee....

you seem to think you know which ones are brendans,... point them out.

just the fact you 2 smokers support a transfer committee of any sort tells me all i need to know really

Jack_Napier

Staff member
When has anyone said they support the committee first and foremost. It's definitely CJ, f**king super fan strikes again.

HayneKloppter

Juniors
Not Suarez, for starters :lol:

Exactly, he wasn't fsg signing either, he was a Damien comolli signing as was Jordan Henderson. Fsg had NFI what they were doing at the time (and they still don't now)

Like I said, fsg's transfer committee makes comolli look like a rocket scientist

saint.nick

Coach
Exactly, he wasn't fsg signing either, he was a Damien comolli signing as was Jordan Henderson. Fsg had NFI what they were doing at the time (and they still don't now)

Like I said, fsg's transfer committee makes comolli look like a rocket scientist

What the hell do you mean by FSG signing? A Comolli signing is just as much an 'FSG signing' as a committee signing is. Both arrangements were put in place by FSG. FSG do not scout players.

Sterling wasn't even a 'signing'. He was an academy player bought from QPR who still had a relatively long way to go before first team football was viable.

GC_Gladiator

Juniors
I'm only a casual observer but these conversations with HK are brutal. He just needs his own liverpool fc thread of his own to put his opinion in where no one ever disagrees with him .

Status
Not open for further replies.