What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Y.N.W.A. Thread (Liverpool fans thread) II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jack_Napier

Staff member
2 shocking passes from him so far. I know he is slow but deadset looks like he has lead boots on today

Jack_Napier

Staff member
And this my friends is the Brendan Rodgers legacy. All 'finesse', no steel.

Amen to that Nick.

We also suffer from lack of leadership. Losing Carra, Dagger and Stevie G Nd never replacing them with real leaders is hurting us as well.

saint.nick

Coach
Amen to that Nick.

We also suffer from lack of leadership. Losing Carra, Dagger and Stevie G Nd never replacing them with real leaders is hurting us as well.

i was crucified on the l-rumours live chat by lucas' biggest fanboy, ed001, because I said lucas is not the leader we need. he got really narky with me tonight that guy. 'you are ignorant, you know nothing, you are a knee-jerk troll'. jesus christ.

couldn't believe it wasn't obvious to some people on that chat that this team has no steel. we've been battered by west ham twice, battered by watford, and i probably missed a couple more. can't they see the trend? and the cause?

Jack_Napier

Staff member
i was crucified on the l-rumours live chat by lucas' biggest fanboy, ed001, because I said lucas is not the leader we need. he got really narky with me tonight that guy. 'you are ignorant, you know nothing, you are a knee-jerk troll'. jesus christ.

couldn't believe it wasn't obvious to some people on that chat that this team has no steel. we've been battered by west ham twice, battered by watford, and i probably missed a couple more. can't they see the trend? and the cause?

Ed does like and favour Lucas mate, to be fair I was all for him at the start of the season. As the season has gone on its become apparent he isn't up tongue standard we need. Seems to just collect yellow cards these days.

Saw your post on there this morning as well and couldnt agree more. We have no Steele or drive at the moment. I'm sure Klopp knows this all too well now after the losses to Palace, Newcastle and West Ham twice.

Not only are we an unbalanced squad but one that has no real leadership. You need leaders I. The centre of defence and midfield and we've lost plenty there the last few seasons.

I hope JK read each and everyone of those players the riot act yesterday. Tell all of them no one is safe and can and will be sold if this mediocre shit continues.

saint.nick

Coach
I want to see Smith ahead of Moreno. At least Smith can actually deliver a cross.

Moreno is a jack of all trades, master of none. Solid defender, solid winger, but not great at either of them. He can dribble and run fast, but can't cross. He can make a great slide tackle and chase an attacker, but positional awareness isn't the best.

Jack_Napier

Staff member
Yeah smith has shown In his 2 appearances he can deliver a better cross than Moreno and Clyne. His assist at Southampton was a beauty of a cross. He actually looks like he cares as well.

Moreno can make a great slide tackle but it's always because he has been caught out up field. Could've killed him last night for their first goal. Yes it probably should've been a free kick but the moment he does t hear the whistle he needs to get up and track back and do his primary role which is to defend. He goes to ground and stays there far too much for my liking. Needs to watch some Steve Finnan footage. He wasn't spectacular but you could always count of Finnan to do his job.

saint.nick

Coach
I was f**king raging when Moreno did that, I was screaming "GET UP! GET UP! YOU'RE NOT EVEN HURT!" And sure enough, he wasn't.

"How do you know he wasn't badly hurt" some apologists asked me. "Because shortly after that he's now carrying on totally fine", I said. It's like it was a shock to them that footballers fake injuries to win fouls...

Jack_Napier

Staff member
The most frustrating part of it was when he was taking his place for the kick off after their goal, clearly smiling and laughing at the ref saying it was a foul. Fair enough he thought that but do it after you've gotten your ass up and back to defend and the trouble has been cleared.

HayneKloppter

Juniors
Moreno isn't to blame for the first goal. He would never have got back before 5 of our players chose to instead let one opponent cross the ball.

And targeting Clyne is unfair because 99% of full backs would have got done that badly exposed

The only thing that pair are guilty of is poor service the entire match

saint.nick

Coach
Moreno isn't to blame for the first goal. He would never have got back before 5 of our players chose to instead let one opponent cross the ball.

And targeting Clyne is unfair because 99% of full backs would have got done that badly exposed

The only thing that pair are guilty of is poor service the entire match

I'm not really blaming him for the goal, I'm taking a swipe at his softcock attitude that was permeating the whole team, and is the reason why West Ham, Watford, Newcastle and Palace have battered us.

Status
Not open for further replies.