What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Y.N.W.A. Thread (Liverpool fans thread) II

Status
Not open for further replies.

saint.nick

Coach
oh summer! awesome.....along with reus, lewandowski, kroos, aubemayang, hummels, nuer and peter rabbit

Gotze has an uncertain future at Bayern, and has actually said he's open to talking to Klopp about it, so no, this is not really commensurate with other said names.

cb4

First Grade
11 mil is worth the risk. He has not been prolific in Brazil, but I wouldn't say no to him.
Gives us time to evaluate Sturridge and then get in another striker in the summer if need be.

Jack_Napier

Staff member
How many strikers/forwards does the squad need. Surely trimming the fat of the squad is the main priority. Not blowing 11m on a player no one in Europe is nibbling at or even looking at. Not to mention having to pay 6 seperate agents there slice of the pie.

There's surely a reason only a second division Chinese side has made an offer for Pato. Besides we already have Sturridge, Benteke, Origi, Ings, Firmino, Sinclair and Yesil in the squad as forwards, don't see the sense in adding yet another to that list.

saint.nick

Coach
How many strikers/forwards does the squad need. Surely trimming the fat of the squad is the main priority. Not blowing 11m on a player no one in Europe is nibbling at or even looking at. Not to mention having to pay 6 seperate agents there slice of the pie.

There's surely a reason only a second division Chinese side has made an offer for Pato. Besides we already have Sturridge, Benteke, Origi, Ings, Firmino, Sinclair and Yesil in the squad as forwards, don't see the sense in adding yet another to that list.

I see your point about having so much players, but:

-Sinclair has been Aidy Warded and will most likely leave
-Benteke will probably be unwanted next season
-Sturridge as we all know is unreliable
-Origi is injured
-Ings is out for the season
-Firmino is not really a bona fide striker, or at least I'm yet to be convinced. All he's done is occupy a false 9 role.

Due to injuries and incompetence, Liverpool need more striker options. We are not scoring enough goals, and something needs to change not only in our width but also up top. To be honest, every area of our attacking department could be majorly improved.

cb4

First Grade
Klopps first season with Dortmund saw 17 players sold in his first summer. 17.

I can see a range of people being sold. The Pato link is a good link for the price. Benteke will almost definitely be sold. Rumours on Sturridge going.
Origi is raw, Ings is Ings.
Yesil is not tested and his only saving grace is he is German.
Sinclair is more than likely gone.

If we can get in a striker that will give us a decent return we wont look so dependent on Sturridge.

Also, it may be nothing. Liverpool rumours are always speculation on squad needs.

When Migs has a bad game, we get linked with every keeper under the son. Now Mandanda is being linked because Bogdan is horrible.

We were linked with 0 CB's until we suffered the injuries, and now we are linked with a defender from Juve, Inter, Dortmund, Schalke, Malaga and even f**king Ludogoratz.

When our midfield is over run, the Gundogan, Suarez ect rumours strike up again.

I still think we will get 2-3 players in this month that Klopp wants with a look to next summer.

Jack_Napier

Staff member
Yeah agree with most of that CB, just think we need to be a lot smarter with such a bloated and unbalanced squad. Pato has t been setting the world on fire and the fact no one in Europe is even tempted to have a chat has me a little worried about the link.

We are big for click bait so we do get linked by half of Europe every window.

Just read this morning Danny Ward has been recalled from Aberdeen as well so that dingbats the end for Bogdan IMO. Wars has been doing very well for Aberdeen and it's been a good loan move for him. Would like to see him given a crack if he is indeed coming back.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
His body couldnt handle serie a which is traditionally a slower paced game. Hes doing fine in brazil but Brazilian football is a totally different beast.

Im skeptical he could handle the rigours of the epl.

Not exactly accurate.

Milan were at the top of thier game in both serie a and UCL easily accounting for these so called fast pace teams that you speak of.

His body couldn't handle the abuse that Milan put on him as an 18 year old playing both Serie A and UCL amongst others as well as internationals for Brazil.

He was way ahead of his times and was extremely poorly managed by Milan at a very young age which is no reflection on Pato himself.

cb4

First Grade
Whilst I am a little disappointed that the Pato link is now dead, I am not surprised.

I agree with Klopp that he must look for defenders before attackers, but the defensive side at the moment will only ensure we have nil all draws, we have no goals in us.

We need someone who can light up the score board. 25mil for Berahino is a f**king waste of resources. Let him dimmer off at Spurs.

Need something else.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts