What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Y.N.W.A. Thread (Liverpool fans thread) II

Status
Not open for further replies.

HayneKloppter

Juniors
Kroos was just an up-and-comer with still a lot of questions about him? Holy f**k you are stupid.
where did that part come in? you read what you want and call me stupid? :lol:

Gerrard explicitly stated in his book that Rodgers told him to tap him up via text message, and Kroos declined. If Kroos showed interest then I'm sure LFC would have tried to work something out. But don't let that get in the way of facts.
big bad rodger's who's only responsible for the shit signings? :lol:

You also forget that H&G then tightened the purse strings on Rafa and denied him such players as Dani Alves. Such better owners than FSG. That talented spine of the team in 08/09 was not given by H&G, except for Torres. But FSG got us a better striker in Suarez.

still far better than anything fsg has put together......suarez was identified well before fsg came in, the bloke who signed him again was a DoF.

saint.nick

Coach
Yep, you are a moron.

-All up and coming players have questions asked about them, which you know, is the opposite of being proven.

-We never discredited Rodgers for signing Sturridge or Coutinho, nor would we discredit him for signing Kroos. But you just make up the narrative to be a tool

-Perhaps far better than what we've been under FSG, because Liverpool were already in a position of much better strength when H&G took over. And then they ruined it.

-FMD, how many times does it have to be told to you that FSG don't interfere with recruitment/scouting decisions? Whether Suarez was identified before FSG or not is irrelevant. That DoF was appointed by FSG you fruitloop.

Jack_Napier

Staff member
So seems we've signed Caulker on Loan from QPR via Southampton. Don't see what this signing does for improving the squad. Hopefully only a short term loan, and I'm guessing other targets weren't available.

Last edited:

cb4

First Grade
Sounds like we need bodies v Arsenal.

Heard Moreno is struggling but will most probably play.

Jack_Napier

Staff member
Yeah it's just a loan and I'm guessing Klopp doesn't want to throw Ilori in the deep end in an important game like Arsenal. Caulker isn't ideal, but at least he knows what to expect having played in the EPL before.

might see brad smith late if Alby is a little lame at the moment.

saint.nick

Coach
So seems we've signed Caulker on Loan from QPR via Southampton. Don't see what this signing does for improving the squad. Hopefully only a short term loan, and I'm guessing other targets weren't available.

It's just an emergency signing really, but a win-win situation. If he's shit, we can piss him off in May. If he's good, we can keep him.

lolesi

First Grade
Makes sense given the injury situation. As Jack said, EPL experience is a massive bonus also.

Have no dramas with it

cb4

First Grade
I would have preferred Andrea Ranocchia on a loan with the option to buy but beggers can't be choosers.

HayneKloppter

Juniors
caulker,..best remembered for leaking 6 goals at southampton and an own goal at qpr to end their season. brought in to address aerial concerns, but has been poor in the air in recent matches

another inspired fsg committee signing

saint.nick

Coach
He was actually brought in as a stop-gap to address depth concerns due to an injury crisis, and his aerial abilities were seen as a bonus. But don't let that get in the way of facts again...

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
Caulker came through our academy and when he entered out PL team he never developed, he wasn't considered good enough as back up for us. Seems an odd choice.

saint.nick

Coach
Caulker came through our academy and when he entered out PL team he never developed, he wasn't considered good enough as back up for us. Seems an odd choice.

Certainly hasn't set the world alight, but it's still better than plugging the CB void with Lucas

Mogsheen Jadwat

Juniors
Not exactly accurate.

Milan were at the top of thier game in both serie a and UCL easily accounting for these so called fast pace teams that you speak of.

His body couldn't handle the abuse that Milan put on him as an 18 year old playing both Serie A and UCL amongst others as well as internationals for Brazil.

He was way ahead of his times and was extremely poorly managed by Milan at a very young age which is no reflection on Pato himself.

So you agree with me that his body wasn't able to handle it, at 18-21? How would he be playing in the EPL at 26 after playing in the pedestrian brazilian league?

He will end up like Michael Owen, brilliant at the start of his career, completely finished by 30.

Jack_Napier

Staff member
caulker,..best remembered for leaking 6 goals at southampton and an own goal at qpr to end their season. brought in to address aerial concerns, but has been poor in the air in recent matches

another inspired fsg committee signing

That's what has me completely uninspired, the fact that last time we saw him it was when we put 6 past him at Southampton.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
So you agree with me that his body wasn't able to handle it, at 18-21? How would he be playing in the EPL at 26 after playing in the pedestrian brazilian league?

He will end up like Michael Owen, brilliant at the start of his career, completely finished by 30.

I'm sure that's what you read but not what I said

He is not 18 anymore so your argument is moot

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts