What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Y.N.W.A. Thread (Liverpool fans thread) II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jack_Napier

Staff member
Would you want that though?

God no Mong! We got rid of one trouble making deadshit, why would we replace him with a lazy and selfish one like Mario. He can be a freak at times but his off field antics are not needed. The fact Milan are looking move him on again speaks volumes about him.

I'm stil hopeful we'll get Bony

saint.nick

Coach
So 11 out of 12 of ESPNFC's 'expert' columnists predicted that Man Utd would finish from positions of 2nd to 4th, while completely leaving Liverpool out of the top 4. The only columnist to leave us in there was Gabriele Marcotti, at 3rd, with Utd taking Arsenal out of the top 4 (kiiind of canceled out his other sound prediction, Arsenal finish 4th no matter what)...Everyone has such a hard-on for United!

Lemon Squash

First Grade
Rodgers categorically denied it just over a week ago, doubt he has changed his mind since.

Balotelli is a massive waste of ability though, has more talent in his pinky toe than most players but decides to piss it away

Jack_Napier

Staff member
Yeah, I'm hoping he still isn't keen at all. If Mario could get his shit together you'd jump at the chance to have him. But you just know he's only moments away from burning his house down or something ridiculous like that.

Mong

Post Whore
God no Mong! We got rid of one trouble making deadshit, why would we replace him with a lazy and selfish one like Mario. He can be a freak at times but his off field antics are not needed. The fact Milan are looking move him on again speaks volumes about him.

I'm stil hopeful we'll get Bony

He's an odd ball with a lot of talent, he'd do more harm than good in your dressing room. Id like to see him back in the PL though, he would add something to it that's for sure.

Jack_Napier

Staff member
Yeah agree mate, exactly why we don't need him. He is great to watch when on tho so I wouldn't mind him back in the EPL either. If Milan want rid surely someone will come in for him.

Mong

Post Whore
No one is arguing against that.

Would you want him in the spurs dressing room

Lemon Squash

First Grade
Shite performance, very lucky to snag the 3 points for mine.

Our general passing and ball possession was horrid, we looked a completely different outfit than the one who played Dortmund off the park only 7 days ago. I guess the pressure of this being the first competitive game of the season got to the boys a bit. Thing that really worried me was that it wasn't as if Soton cam out all guns blazing and fired up putting us on the backfoot, they were poor in that first half yet we just went through the motions expecting things to happen instead of putting the foot on the throat. When they actually came out in the 2nd half and started playing it really rattled us big time and we were lucky not to concede 2 or 3.

First things first Johnson and Lucas both need the ass, they were both dreadful as usual. Moreno in at LB and Can in for Lucas. Can is raw as buggery but at least he showed some hunger in pre-season, he also has the benefit of being able to run unlike Lucas whose legs are made of concrete. Just look at the difference Allen made when he came on, he went looking for the ball and actually took pride in holding onto the f*cking thing.

We play like that next week against City and we will get ripped apart.

saint.nick

Coach
It really doesn't matter too much in the first game of the season. We were average...so what. Arsenal were average too. Heard City weren't that great either. Like Jimbo said, getting 3 points with a lot more room for improvement is a good sign.

Lemon Squash

First Grade
It really doesn't matter too much in the first game of the season. We were average...so what. Arsenal were average too. Heard City weren't that great either. Like Jimbo said, getting 3 points with a lot more room for improvement is a good sign.

Definitely, don't get me wrong I'm stoked we won it's obviously always a good sign to win when you haven't played well.

Just pointing out we have to improve a stack if we want to compete with the big boys this season.

Jack_Napier

Staff member
Agree with all, we were scrappy as and looked really flat for long periods. Not too bothered, only the first game. Can has to come in for Lucas straight away. Lucas along with Johnson offered absolutely nothing. I can only hope this QPR interest in Johnson is legit.

Hopefully next game we'll have Manquillo and Moreno starting.

Jack_Napier

Staff member
Jordan Ibe on loan to Bolton in the championship. Hopefully he gets plenty of gametime. He looks to have as much potential as Sterling IMO. Only way to reach that is to get gametime.

Also Texeira scored on debut for Brighton over night. Let hope he really grows under Sami, good start.

Surely we'll see more going out as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.