What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Y.N.W.A. Thread (Liverpool fans thread) II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lemon Squash

First Grade
Haha he obviously means Ayre and cheers for the Lovren review Lemon. I'm so happy we've got him and all reports say he was great. Still have to watch the dortmund game.

Gee I hope the rumours of the Moreno deal wrapping up quickly after the super cup are true. Last I read we sent a new offer which included Suso to them, now the Sevilla president has come out and said Moreno is staying and we haven't spoken to them in 8-10 days :-/

Positive of this though is at least there is confirmation from Sevilla that there has been some type of dealings with us. Obviously Rodgers is staying tightlipped but for ages Sevilla themselves were denying it saying crap along the lines of 'its only speculation, we havent had any inquiries yada yada'

Jack_Napier

Staff member
Yeah that's true, their president definitly confirmed we sent an offer a week ago. hopefully after the game this morning all will be revealed and Moreno will be joining us. If Sevilla continue to play hardball, which they are completely entitled to do, then I'd love to see us go for Rojo as an alternative.

Have to laugh at the Eto "talks" as well. Apparently he's had "talks" with just about every club in Europe as he been offered to just about all of them. No way we'd pay the $$$ Twiz mentioned for a 33 yr old who's best days are well behind him.

Jack_Napier

Staff member
Just came to say same thing Sam. Brilliant piece of business from Ayre if 12m is true. Even be happy at 15m tbh considering Sevilla looked like holding out for closer to 20m.

Lemon Squash

First Grade
Thank Christ we finally nutted that out,12m if true is an absolute steal.

Sad that apparently Martin Kelly is on the way out. Always had high hopes for him as a younger player but injuries have cruelled his career thus far. He is fully fit now though and deserves to be playing regularly, at best he is probably only third choice option at RB for us so only fair that he moves on for an oppurtunity.

Dragon Jim

Juniors
West Ham United and Queens Park Rangers were also interested in the Cameroon striker, but his $72,000 weekly wage demands proved a stumbling block for the duo

Nowhere near the $300k a week you suggested

cb4

First Grade
What's your source on that?

Just curious because I once mentioned how much a Tottenham player was being paid and how they hated AVB and my post was deleted.

Please add a source to our post, or delete it.

Cheers.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
@cb4 it was well published when he moved from Inter to Russia that he was the highest paid player in the world.

There is a lot of unsourced stuff in here and I let some of it go because its alot to do with transfer rumours and I treat them as a rumour like post #443 above.

The reasons why we remove posts are generally to protect League Unlimited from unsubstantiated allegations which can be potentially libellous. transfer rumours dont fit into that category.

You post was probably removed because of the alleged hatred towards AVB, rather then the transfer, hard to say without seeing the post.

Jack_Napier

Staff member
Talk of us being back in for Konoplyanka. Quick skilful winger from Dnipro we almost signed in January. He's apparently holding out for us to come in for him and he wont cost the 18-20m they wanted in january.

Not sure if we need another out and out wide player. Hopefully this move won't be at the expense of moving for Bony, Kono is quality but I'd prefer a more Central forward if given a choice.

lolesi

First Grade
I agree jack.. Do we really need another play in his position.. If they do get him maybe Henderson to play a more central role?

But yeah, rather see another striker first. And not Samuel

Jack_Napier

Staff member
Bit of luck mate we'll see both Kono and Bony arrive and i actually think the club will try. I think if we get Kono then we'll probably see Ibe go out on loan again.

With Moreno being done, he had his first photo shoot with the club scarf and polo shirt today, I'm hoping we are moving for bony now. I read he's pretty keen on a move to us as well. Both he and Kono are apparently.

Last edited:

Jack_Napier

Staff member
Martin Kelly gone to Palace. Makes sense, one defender in,one goes out. Shame injuries crueled his time us, be good to see how he goes under Pulis at CP. Palace are a rock solid side most of the time.

Also reading we are interested in another GK.

lolesi

First Grade
Good move by Kelly. Talented but won't get game time at Liverpool and had to go.. Shame pulis has left though. Poor palace.

Jack_Napier

Staff member
Don't I have great timing, give palace and pulis a wrap and it all goes to shit hours later :-/

Status
Not open for further replies.