What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Y.N.W.A. Thread (Liverpool fans thread) II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lemon Squash

First Grade
Looking very sharp against Dortmund, who although aren't at full strength definitely aren't playing a B team.

Coutinho, Sterling and Sturridge up front have done some sublime stuff.

Edit- As I write this we score an absolutely beautiful team goal, Sterling and Coutinho at the heart of it.

Jack_Napier

Staff member
Solid performance from the young spaniard Manquillo as well. Only saw bits and pieces but Hendo and Couts looked fantastic. How you guy see Lovren's performance?

Lemon Squash

First Grade
I was surprised that Rodgers threw Manquillo straight in the deep end but jeez he exceeded my expectations. Looked threatening going forward and didn't put a foot wrong at the back either. I thought he'd be a bit-part player this season but off that performance there isn't nothing to say he can't fight for a starting berth.

As for Lovren you would have thought he'd played 200 games for us already. Looked supremely comfortable at the back, some of his long passing was sublime. Even if he hadn't of got the goal I would of said it was a highly impressive debut... He just has a real presence about him at the back that you can't coach.

Bring on Southampton!

Big Sam

First Grade
Moreno to be completed today. Then Bony and that'll wrap it up.

Very solid and deep squad.

Big Sam

First Grade
Bony's still a rumour but Moreno will be done hopefully today according to the UK papers.

Lemon Squash

First Grade
Apparently Sevilla want Moreno to play against Real in the Supercup as his 'farewell' match. Obviously they want to try and win the game too and Moreno was a massive part of them winning the Europa cup in the first place so it only seems right that he takes his part in the game.

After 90 minutes though Levy better step in, whisk him up and get him on the first flight back bring him back to Merseyside

saint.nick

Coach
Apparently Sevilla want Moreno to play against Real in the Supercup as his 'farewell' match. Obviously they want to try and win the game too and Moreno was a massive part of them winning the Europa cup in the first place so it only seems right that he takes his part in the game.

After 90 minutes though Levy better step in, whisk him up and get him on the first flight back bring him back to Merseyside

I wouldn't trust Levy on a plane with me. He's very notorious for hijacking.

Jack_Napier

Staff member
Haha he obviously means Ayre and cheers for the Lovren review Lemon. I'm so happy we've got him and all reports say he was great. Still have to watch the dortmund game.

Gee I hope the rumours of the Moreno deal wrapping up quickly after the super cup are true. Last I read we sent a new offer which included Suso to them, now the Sevilla president has come out and said Moreno is staying and we haven't spoken to them in 8-10 days :-/

Lemon Squash

First Grade
nahhh pretty sure he was on my mind as I had been reading an article about how they were struggling to attract players etc and I how I pitied him and his club.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
Not struggling to attract players, struggling to make room for the new players.

No one wants to leave. Our squad is far to big, currently 30, gotta get rid of 5 before we can get any in.

Dragon Jim

Juniors
Latest rumour is that we might snap up Eto'o for support up front given the struggle to sign a world class forward.

Completely out of the blue this one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts