What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Y.N.W.A. Thread (Liverpool fans thread) II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mong

Post Whore
Now we are just getting butt plundered. Balotelli must be sitting there thinking 'who is this rabble I've signed for'

I'm surprised you lot appear so happy to have signed him. Some posters attitudes on him changed quickly since I was last here.

It's like for like potential dickhead swap for Suarez really..

lolesi

First Grade
Not a bad draw for us in the Champs League - Real Madrid, FC Basel and Ludogorets(Bulgaria).

Happy with that. Real will be a test for sure and Basel away will be no walk in the park.. But we should still get the points.

Not finishing top 2 will be and should be seen as a disappointment and failure.

saint.nick

Coach
I understand some LFC fans who prefer a group of death just to see us play big teams. But I also want to see us progress. Getting potentially belted by big teams in the group stage doesn't help our coefficient at all. In saying that, getting e.g. Porto instead of RM would be disappointing, I still want a guarantee that we'll play at least two big big games.

Lemon Squash

First Grade
Brilliant draw- I'm excited to see how we match up against the heavyweights, though with the two lower ranked teams also in there we should expect to get through without too many hassles.

I am sure Rodgers will be licking his lips at the challenge of Madrid.

Lemon Squash

First Grade
Agger back to Brondby confirmed on a free transfer. Not surprised to see him leave but definitely am that he is going back to play in Denmark still only 29 with what you would assume a few years at the top level left in him.

Reading his quotes though looks as if he was struggling with the riggers of the highest levels of the game and pretty much wants to go back home to semi retire.All the best to him, for mine he had the ability to be one of the best defenders in the world but I think injuries buggered his early development at Liverpool and then he never really fully recovered, still gave us many great years of service.

Jack_Napier

Staff member
Fee is around £3m mate. Loves the club and was a great servant through a shit period. Good luck back home Dagger!

thorson1987

Coach
Agger back to Brondby confirmed on a free transfer. Not surprised to see him leave but definitely am that he is going back to play in Denmark still only 29 with what you would assume a few years at the top level left in him.

Reading his quotes though looks as if he was struggling with the riggers of the highest levels of the game and pretty much wants to go back home to semi retire.All the best to him, for mine he had the ability to be one of the best defenders in the world but I think injuries buggered his early development at Liverpool and then he never really fully recovered, still gave us many great years of service.

Also said he would never play for another club in England.

Lemon Squash

First Grade
Balo starting... Sterling playing at the top of a diamond.

Lallana not in the squad though must have pulled up lame.

lolesi

First Grade
Far out we can be so good but so frustrating.

We are our own worst enemies.. We honestly give teams so many chances through our clumsy and at times just stupid defense. Why do we put ourselves under so much pressure ??!!

Every week same thing whether it be skrtel, lovren, sahko it doesn't matter!! It's the same mistakes.. Can't help but feel sorry for our wingbacks.. They get such high pressure unnecessary passes

Lemon Squash

First Grade
The only chances Spurs have had is from our c**k-ups at the back. I can't stand the try hard attempt to be Barca playing it out from the back... just kick the f**king thing long! You can feel it when we are about to stuff up, all it does is put ourselves under unneeded pressure.

Passing in the final third can be better too, also Stevie has been poor his passing has been off and he is looking sluggish even for him (commentators did mention he wasn't 100%). Like what I have seen from Balo, looked dangerous but his timing is definitely off.

Hopefully we can get another one early in this half, because I'm more than a little nervous.

Big Sam

First Grade
Great effort today. Still uncertain of Allen. Would like to see Lallana or Markovic start ahead pretty soon.

Raheem quality. CAM is his position.

And nice to see the LB conundrum is sorted finally...

Jack_Napier

Staff member
Raheem will as important to us as Luis was, the chance he created when he missed the sitter was brilliant. Such quick feet and he's really getting the brain to match them.

Loved how we shut up shop and just held our shape after we got the 2nd goal. Manquillo and Moreno are both so quick. Moreno was great today even when you take out the goal.

Thought Stevie was off today with his passing. Hit a peach of long diagonal ball early but that was it I thought.

Mario worked alot harder than I expected, great to see. Held it up well and had a few chances he could've hit, specially the first header but I was very happy with his performance. As the commentators said he helps pull defenders away from Danny and Raheem, not to the effect of Luis but give it time. Very solid first game from Super Mario, BR would be very pleased.

Bring Lallana in for Allen as well and our midfield would be so much better. Both Hendo and Lallana are workhorses as well.

Last edited:

saint.nick

Coach
I'm getting excited by what Lallana will add to an already great attack. Offers heaps more going forward than Allen.

Foz

Bench
Pretty good performance.
I thought the keeper was good as were Sturridge and Sterling.
Really liking Moreno.
Credit to Allen he played well today.
Still I think Allen is Brendan's answer to what Lucas was to Rafa.
Read somewhere( obviously reading fairy tales ) that Manure wanted to buy him for 20 million.
They really are in the business of paying overs for players at present and if that's true they've lost the plot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts