What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Y.N.W.A. Thread (Liverpool fans thread) II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Big Sam

First Grade
Are you telling me we went to the trouble of flying Remy to Boston and diagnosed an already-existing heart condition just so we could focus instead on Mario? Sounds fanciful.

We didn't proceed with the Remy deal cos Borini had a hissy fit about going to Sunderland. But I think he's got the message now that Mario is coming.

saint.nick

Coach
I doubt that the Remy deal falling through was due to Borini having a hissy fit. Big clubs, nor any professional clubs for that matter, just don't let bench warmers like Borini dictate what they can and can not do. I'm sure Rodgers would have been okay with keeping Borini until he eventually had enough.

Foz

Bench
For $8 million or whatever I don't think Mario coming would've stopped the Remy deal.
I wouldn't rule out we were chasing another big name and that's why there's a change in heart.
If that big name eventuates is another matter because getting stars to change clubs isn't as easy as these media outlets seem to think.
By big name I mean $30m player.Maybe Brendan thought Mario would cost $30m.
For the record I'm not convinced about Mario anyway as he seems a bit of a lazy player to me which is way off the normal signing we'd make.
Maybe thinking outside the box will pay off.

Big Sam

First Grade
Looks like Moreno will start ahead of Johnson.

Also Mario will sign today and spectate at the match. His official unveiling is tomorrow.

Lemon Squash

First Grade
My way of looking at the Balotelli signing is to compare him to a Ferrari with a massive deep scratch down the side. The car still drives fine and hasn't lost any of its power but it has been tarnished and heavily discounted due to non reversible damage.

It's not as if he is a make or break signing for us, (i.e. a Di Maria to United) we have enough depth without him where we could of coped regardless if whether or not we signed him. Obviously having signed him it gives us further depth to our squad and potentially a stack of quality also.

Does he pose risks to the harmony of the club/squad? if reputation is anything to go by then absolutely. Though once again we haven't broken the bank to sign the guy, 16million is nothing to scoff at but for a player of his potential I think its well worth a shot (I mean we payed 35 million for Carroll ffs).

Rodgers is a brilliant man-manager, if anyone is a chance of making this guy finally grow up and realise his potential its him. Firstly he needs to convince Balotelli to buy into the culture that he has created at the club and then he also needs to convince him that if he works hard and shows the right attitude that he can help make it even stronger.

Balotelli must know by now that this is his last chance to make a name for himself at a big club. If people are going to remember him on his career to date it will have been for all the wrong reasons, he has the chance to change that and create a legacy for himself for the future.

Worst case scenario if he starts to carry on having his famous dummy-spits/shit attitude/off field dramas then Rodgers can just freeze him out. Once again we aren't reliant on him however for mine he is now very reliant on Liverpool.

Lemon Squash

First Grade
Much better line up already just with Allen in over Lucas.

Johnson at RB though ](*,) where's the inanimate carbon rod?

Hope to see Markovic get a run off the bench he is a brilliant talent

Lemon Squash

First Grade
That's the first half done and even though we have given as good as we have got we are 1-0 behind.

One split second of complacency from Moreno and City pounced. Have to say apart from that mistake he was having a very good debut game looking composed and solid defensively. He will quickly learn from that now though that at this level you don't have any time to be complacent at the back.

We are still a chance to get something out of this but our passing into the box needs to be much better, getting it up there easily enough but delivery has been terrible. Coutinho needs to lift, he had an outstanding preseason but so far in 1.5 games he has been pretty poor tbh, losing the ball in the midfield and not really looking threatening once he is in the final third.

Lemon Squash

First Grade
Now we are just getting butt plundered. Balotelli must be sitting there thinking 'who is this rabble I've signed for'

Lemon Squash

First Grade
Well beaten, but plenty of positives in the end.

We made enough chances where we could of got something out of the game (even thought it wouldn't have been deserved). Don't know WTF Lambert was doing with his shot/cross attempt, that would of made it 2 goals in a few minutes and really would have made it interesting.

Markovic looked good when he came on, Can also showed good intent. Overall glad to see that we kept trying right to the end of the game, never switched off.

Also another positive it looks like Johnson is injured

Big Sam

First Grade
I don't think we were all that bad. If we'd taken our chances it might have been closer. First half was ok though shame for Moreno because he was playing solidly.

Allen hopeless, Hendo not much better. Coutinho's unsure of his role and it's clearly showing.

Transition from defence to attack was slow. This can be averted by Markovic starting or putting Raheem in the 10 role with Dan and Mario up front.

Thank f**k Johnson's out.

I would like to see this XI for Spurs:

-----------------------Migs
Manquillo----Skrtel/Sakho----Lovren---Moreno
------------Gerrard
---------------------Can/Henderson
----Sterling---------------------------Markovic
---------------Mario--------Dan

Foz

Bench
I reckon we lost it after the first goal.We were solid till then but lost our way.
Despite the goal I thought Moreno looks pretty good.
Dumb team selection in my book.We spend $100 million and still start with Johnson and Allen.Go figure.
Not convinced on the Rogers man management Lemon.Watching him in that documentary he looks a bit in love with himself more than anything.A lot that Brendan said was about Brendan.Maybe he was directed to do that.Some murmours from blokes that left that didn't get starts (as you'd expect)but fellow managers hold him in high regard.
Someone said Rogers sat down for 2 hours with Mario before he signed him.The conversation would've had to be about Mario because if Rogers started talking about anything else he would've left.

Lemon Squash

First Grade
Coutinho needs to play in the hole or not at all for mine, no where near as effective on the edge. Markovic came on and in 5 minutes created more than what Coutinho had done in the previous 60.

Have to keep Skrtl in the middle for the time being, he has been very good the first 2 weeks. I like what I see from him and Lovren as a partnership.

I like that team Sam, but I'd play Gerrard and Henderson next to each other, drop Balo to the bench with Coutinho to play just behind Sturridge. Spurs are weak on the counter want as much counter attacking ability in the squad as possible.

Should be another good test, looking forward to it!

lolesi

First Grade
Lost 3-1 but not to phased to be honest. We play like that against majority of other teams in the epl and we will be fine..

Still gelling atm and looked dangerous on numerous occasions. Glen Johnson though.. He is just terrible. So bad.

We will be fine.. Mario would have been handy last night...

t10do

Juniors
Some good points have been made........but I have to disagree with the criticism of Allen. I reckon he was one of our best today.

Can - I think is (quite) a few more substitute appearances away from pushing for a starting place......but who would want to come on and play opposite Yaya....with a an down.....and a couple of goals down. To little time to judge.

Moreno - Again, decent. Tough place to debut. Clearly good going forward...but defensively...we shall see.

Coutinho - As has been said, to me, if he is not playing number 10.....I would even bench him.

Markovic - The one we want to see more of. Does everything with urgency and looks more skillful than I thought.

Johnson - No point in bagging him. It is what it is.

Otherwise, any news on Lallana?

Last edited:

lolesi

First Grade
Saying Lallana should be fine by the end of this month.

Would like a central midfield of he, Henderson and Gerard for sure

Lemon Squash

First Grade
Lallana was training with the squad through the week I saw photos. To what extent I'm not sure but he was definitely doing drills with the ball at foot, probably no contact stuff yet but yeah can't be too far away.

Jack_Napier

Staff member
So it seems both Markovic and Ballotelli were Transfer committee decisions and not BR's choices I just read. Hunter and Fallows our head scout and transfer committee boss scouted Markovic years ago when they were still scouts for city and also were the guys that got Super Mario to the Etihad the first time around.

Seems BR has had less say in a few important transfers this window. No doubt due to his horrible record in the past with Aspas, Ilori, Alberto and Borini.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts