What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Y.N.W.A. Thread (Liverpool fans thread) II

Status
Not open for further replies.

cb4

First Grade
Just an update, looks like Poch is done and dusted and should be announced soon, part of the deal is he wants to bring players, about 3 or 4 including Lallana.

The other 3 a striker, CB and left mid we are OK with but we dont want Lallana as he wont improve our squad as we have an abundance of central players. Looks like he'll be all yours.

All rumours of course about the players but Poch seems done.

Lallana won't be ours for 30million. We will walk.

I take it by Poch, you mean the Southampton manager? Are you happy with him?

Can a coach that finished 8th really make your team any better? I think you will be taking a step backwards with him.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
Is there a possibility he sells a couple of midfielders to accommodate Lallana?

no, I think he is over priced, from what I can gather we have no interest, AVB overdosed on mids and we got too many

Lallana won't be ours for 30million. We will walk.

I take it by Poch, you mean the Southampton manager? Are you happy with him?

Can a coach that finished 8th really make your team any better? I think you will be taking a step backwards with him.

look at the squad he had and look at our squad, he was rated pretty highly before he even came to the PL and he now has EPL experience which is one of the reason we have shown interest

I dont know if he will work out but he has to be better than Sherwood

saint.nick

Coach
After the countless deals we have walked away from after being priced out then there's no way we will get Lallana for 30m.

saint.nick

Coach
He's a good player to be honest I think I'd prefer that we go after some of the Barca players who have been put on the fire sale, and/or Shaqiri too.

saint.nick

Coach
I want to see us go after Pedro, Shaqiri, Mascherano, Lovren, and whoever is the best fullback we've been linked with (haven't followed it that particularly much).

In my opinion going after more attacking players is just important as improving our defence. We need more options to have at our disposal when skilled bus driver kents like Chelsea want to park the bus.

When we needed someone fresh and penetrative to bring on against Chelsea, who did we have? F**king Aspas, who doesn't even know how to take a corner. Imagine if we were able to bring on the likes of Pedro or Shaqiri while also having Coutinho starting, or vice versa? We need more bully boys to rely on if our very collectivist game plan is failing. City would have won that game from our position simply because they have more firepower across the park.

Last edited:

saint.nick

Coach
I think they're both very important; and just as important as eachother. I'm worried that teams could find us out next year if we don't build our attacking area. With better defence we might concede 10-15 less goals next year, but it could be about 30 less goals scored if we don't buy more attacking players too.

Big Sam

First Grade
Play him on his usual left and get Flanno to learn from him for the next 2 years before re-entering the starting line-up. As for Johnson, he'll have to stay for now.

I see this as a decent starting XI:

---------------Mignolet
Johnson---Skrtel---Sakho---A.Cole
---------------Gerrard
Sterling-------Lallana------Henderson
----------Suarez---Sturridge

With Can, Coutinho, Allen etc. off the bench.

That still leaves us 25-30m to spend on a new CB and some depth signings. And that's omitting the roughly 35m you get from selling Aspas, Lucas, Reina, Assaidi, and Agger.

Lemon Squash

First Grade
Funnily enough Flanagan is actually a natural RB but as he showed this year he doesn't look out of his depth on the left either...

For mine I think snagging Cole for free as our number 1 LB for 1-2 seasons would be a masterstroke. That way he can help develop Flanagan who in a few years time would become the number 1...I would cut Johnson and invest in a good RB (have been linked to Clyne from Soton) and then we have Flanagan as cover for both sides as he continues to improve.

Jack_Napier

Staff member
Ashley Cole. I think he should be considered given he's free.

A few clubs have enquired and been put off by his ridiculous wage demands. No way we'll go after him regardless of it being a free for that reason alone. We're apparently looking at Rojo from sporting for LB.

Also apparently have Shaqiri quite high on the wanted list. Would love Lallana but like everyone not for anything above 20-22million. Even the 25 million I've been reading about is too much IMO. We should be going after or at least asking about Sanchez from Barca IMO, he's freaking class and is wasted at Barca.

saint.nick

Coach
So I've heard we're simultaneously in for SIX players. They are:

-Rickie Lambert (4m): I like this signing. He's very solid, good strike rate, loves the club, happy to sit on the bench and play second fiddle to SAS

-Emre Can (10m)- I've heard he's quality

-Lallana (20m)- hopefully his price tag pays off, but he's been fantastic thus far in the EPL

-Shaqiri (16m)- Signing this bloke and Lallana would be absolutely sound

-Lovren (15m)- I haven't seen him too much

-Moreno (16m)- Haven't seen him too much either

Jack_Napier

Staff member
Moreno has become more of a chance now Chelsea have completely backed away as well. Looked like a deal was all but done, then apparently something has come out about I'm and they've dropped interest completely.

Lambert move has come outta nowhere hasn't it? I like it as well. Good prem experience and is a Liverpool fan. Hopefully we're going to be a tad generous in this offer and maybe help with the Lallana deal.

saint.nick

Coach
It's a smart move because:
a) He adds another dimension to SAS. Could be especially handy when teams park the bus.
b) He's great value for money
c) He won't cause a disruption by complaining over lack of game time; he knows what he's getting into if he signs for us. While signing a player like Costa shows massive intent, and it gets you excited, it'd most likely be unsustainable.
d) As you mentioned he's a Liverpool fan
e) As you said, EPL experience. He also just has experience in general to balance with the squad's very young age. Signing older but decent players often prove to be masterstrokes, like with McAllister.

saint.nick

Coach
Also, Rakitic is now available for 25 million; 15 million less than his original 45 million buyout. There's no way FSG would have forked out 40 million for one player, so this presents a great opportunity. We need to go after this bloke.

Jack_Napier

Staff member
Rakitic @ 25 is a lot better than Lallana at the same price IMO so I hope you're right nick. Sevilla would be mad to let him go for that cheap IMO. I still think we'll target Lallana first. Continuing our English trend with transfers.

Really looks like Lambert will be the first signing, keep reading changing final figures. 4 million + add ons, straight out 9 million fee. Who knows really?

Status
Not open for further replies.