What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Y.N.W.A. Thread (Liverpool fans thread) II

Status
Not open for further replies.

saint.nick

Coach
Ed001 made a great point, great managers live and breathe football. Managers like SAF, Paisley and Shanks if they weren't coaching were out watching youth games, loaned out players games and basically immersing their life in football. It's clear BR does nothing like this, cos if he would we wouldn't need to be buying players to fill the squad and instead give lots of our youth chances.

It's a tad worrying we have a manager who is so impulsive in that regard. Allen is about the only player who has his 100% backing.

It worries me that such a relatively average player is the only player in the squad with such a backing. He's a competent footballer but he's not good enough for us.

Jack_Napier

Staff member
Agree mate, Allen is a tidy footballer but he's not what we need or should aim to having as a starting player. Texiera should be used a whole lot more than Allen IMO. He's a much better player, this Allen injury could be a blessing for someone like him.

ggmu

Juniors
Agree mate, Allen is a tidy footballer but he's not what we need or should aim to having as a starting player. Texiera should be used a whole lot more than Allen IMO. He's a much better player, this Allen injury could be a blessing for someone like him.

You shouldn't talk about the welsh Xavi like that :cool:

cb4

First Grade
Ibe sounds like he will be deployed on the right this weekend. Ibe and Clyne will be a thing of beauty.

saint.nick

Coach
Cb4, I beg you to reply to my personal message! :D

And what's the go with this Traore kid? I took a look at his highlights and he looks like a beast. From what I heard, we were in for him but weren't interested in dealing with Barcelona's terms.

Mogsheen Jadwat

Juniors
from memory they wanted a buy back clause which was only marginally higher than what we'd pay for him.

so essentially we do all the work developing him into a first team player, and barca swoops in with a low ball bid and says thank you.

don't blame us for saying nah f**k that.

Foz

Bench
I think we're in urgent need of a hard man.
When the dirty work had to be done In the last few years we've had Gerrard and in the past players like Souness and Tommy Smith but we haven't got a player that's likely to upset the opposition too much.
Best we have is a Skrtel or a Henderson and let's face it they won't rumble too many feathers.
Still haven't addressed the middle of defence either.They weren't good enough last year and who have we bought in that area?
One good thing is our strikers couldn't perform any worst than they did last year so there is an area of improvement there.
Still I don't trust Rodgers judgement so not expecting too much.
Think we'll end up similar to last year.

R

RazorRam0n

I think we're in urgent need of a hard man.
When the dirty work had to be done In the last few years we've had Gerrard and in the past players like Souness and Tommy Smith but we haven't got a player that's likely to upset the opposition too much.
Best we have is a Skrtel or a Henderson and let's face it they won't rumble too many feathers.
Still haven't addressed the middle of defence either.They weren't good enough last year and who have we bought in that area?
One good thing is our strikers couldn't perform any worst than they did last year so there is an area of improvement there.
Still I don't trust Rodgers judgement so not expecting too much.
Think we'll end up similar to last year.

I'm a hard man I'm as hard as Lenny kravitz baby

cb4

First Grade
At least the boys won this morning. From reports I've read sounds like it was a bore fest though.

It was a junk yard brawl, but you get that at Stoke.

Few things that impressed me.

Benteke staying Central and his hold up play.
Firmino is just so Brazilian
Joe Gomez was our best player.

Something that bugged me, but Henderson and Milner play the exact role, in the exact spot.

But we won.

Foz

Bench
I didn't think Benteke did much at all though he was good in the air.
Mario offers the exact same thing and he looks to have been marked as a 16 million pound waste.
I don't think the problem is either of them as much as we play the one striker.
I know I'm comparing Suarez and Sturridge from 2 years ago but it's pretty obvious we are heaps better playing that way in comparison to the times we played one striker even when they were both here.
Brendan may of been happy taking a point and got lucky with Coutinho hitting one sweet.
Lovren still not convincing but they didn't score so can't complain yet(I will).
On the positive both fullbacks looked good.
Didn't see enough of the Brazillian to form an opinion but what I did see was positive.
Agree with the Milner Henderson comparison.Maybe I was expecting more from Milner.
Anyway it's a tough away game so very happy to take the points and no doubt will get a better picture of how we are travelling after we play the likes of Arsenal and ManUre away in the next few weeks.
If we can stay in touch with the heavies till Xmas with our draw you never know.

saint.nick

Coach
Lovren not convincing? He was probably our best player.

Not concerned by the dull attack. Getting our defence right IMO is more important and we did well to achieve a clean sheet.

Benteke showed some great flashes. Almost set up his own goal out of nothing

Foz

Bench
I can remember twice Lovren was caught out of position by chips over the top to that Diouf.
He got lucky.
Also he elbowed that Diouf in the face.
Either an accident and nothing should've happened or should've been a red.
Instead he gets a yellow-accidental high elbow.
End result is he might've played ok but wasn't convincing.
Put us under unnecessary pressure whichever way you look at it.
Those things can cost you big time.
Skrtel also got lucky with a couple of errors.
He wasn't convincing either in my opinion but they didn't score so it doesn't matter.

saint.nick

Coach
I can remember twice Lovren was caught out of position by chips over the top to that Diouf.
He got lucky.
Also he elbowed that Diouf in the face.
Either an accident and nothing should've happened or should've been a red.
Instead he gets a yellow-accidental high elbow.
End result is he might've played ok but wasn't convincing.
Put us under unnecessary pressure whichever way you look at it.
Those things can cost you big time.
Skrtel also got lucky with a couple of errors.
He wasn't convincing either in my opinion but they didn't score so it doesn't matter.

Well you're legit the only person I've seen looking at it that way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts