What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Y.N.W.A. Thread (Liverpool fans thread) II

Status
Not open for further replies.

saint.nick

Coach
I'm talking more about your overall assessment of Lovren. I think you're definitely over-magnifying his negatives in the game.

Jack_Napier

Staff member
Nicks right, no midfielder outside of Couts and his strike were worth remembering. Was a bludger of a game that almost didn't deserve a 0-0 Scoreline let alone a 1-0 one.

Foz

Bench
Another 3 points and basically that's all that matters.
Forget today's game now and move on to the next match.
Having said that I've got a feeling we'll have to be better to get anything against Arsenal but the plus is they aren't exactly on fire.

Against Arsenal the team have to start better. They were sluggish out of the blocks and for a lot of the game Bournemouth had much more of the ball and made more of the running. If they play like that and Arsenal get as much possession as Bournemouth had then we'll be in real trouble. Arsenal have the quality in their squad to exploit those half chances that Bournemouth lacked.

Mogsheen Jadwat

Juniors
this start reminds me of 2 seasons ago where we registered 3 1-0 wins early in the campaign and looked sluggish but still managed to beat a top side (man u last time, maybe arsenal this time) and eventually found our groove when suarez came back.

we don't have him anymore but we do have sturridge who is probably a month away, I think we'll see a lot more potency in the side once he and benteke are together, along with firmino coming to grips with the epl, we just need to keep grinding away and knicking the goals and taking the points where we can get them.

disclaimer: i'm not saying it's definitely gonna be 13/14 all over again, but we were along a similar plane in that season early on.

saint.nick

Coach
this start reminds me of 2 seasons ago where we registered 3 1-0 wins early in the campaign and looked sluggish but still managed to beat a top side (man u last time, maybe arsenal this time) and eventually found our groove when suarez came back.

we don't have him anymore but we do have sturridge who is probably a month away, I think we'll see a lot more potency in the side once he and benteke are together, along with firmino coming to grips with the epl, we just need to keep grinding away and knicking the goals and taking the points where we can get them.

disclaimer: i'm not saying it's definitely gonna be 13/14 all over again, but we were along a similar plane in that season early on.

I was thinking the same thing too.

2/2 is a great start, considering that we're in a 'gelling-in phase' at the moment...

saint.nick

Coach
Another 3 points and basically that's all that matters.
Forget today's game now and move on to the next match.
Having said that I've got a feeling we'll have to be better to get anything against Arsenal but the plus is they aren't exactly on fire.

Of course we'll have to be better!

I wanna see what we're like when Firmino starts...

Jack_Napier

Staff member
Moreno is definitly a lot more attack minded for a defender. He looked determined against Bournemouth as well. Would he work as a midfielder? Probably, hopefully BR uses him from the bench like he did. He is just too shaky defensively to start in our back 4.

Really think we need to look at the way we set up as well. I would love BR to go back to a midfield diamond with 2 up front. Firmino playing off Benteke up front is what I'd like to see,

Foz

Bench
i agree Jack we've always looked better that way.
The problem we strike is our defence can't always adjust to it.
BR likes the defensive midfielders in front of the central defenders but obviously things aren't going well with Lucas (don't start me on Joe Allen we just don't click as well when he does the job).Can might be able to do the job but some strange reason he's not starting.
It's proven Lovren can't adjust to it too (im not falling for he's an improved player).

If Lovren is starting the only backup we have is Toure?if Sakho is on the outer.
I'm thinking Clynes the central defence option and Moreno at fullback.
Any opinion?
What's happening with Enrique and Flannigan?

Last edited:

lolesi

First Grade
I thought Flanagan was injury free now ??

I'd be punting Enrique. What a waste of money he is.

Gomez can also be cb but stil very young and raw.. Though he has to start somewhere, just look at stones from Everton.

Would love to see Can starting dm. But unless injury BR won't do it

Foz

Bench
I thought Flanagan was injury free now ??

I'd be punting Enrique. What a waste of money he is.

Gomez can also be cb but stil very young and raw.. Though he has to start somewhere, just look at stones from Everton.

Would love to see Can starting dm. But unless injury BR won't do it

Just read Flanagans out till December with the same knee injury.😥

Ilori was going to be a CB option too but think he got injured.
Haven't seen much of him at all but heard he was the fastest player over 40 m at the club.
Sterling was here at the time so always wanted to see him play.

Jack_Napier

Staff member
i agree Jack we've always looked better that way.
The problem we strike is our defence can't always adjust to it.
BR likes the defensive midfielders in front of the central defenders but obviously things aren't going well with Lucas (don't start me on Joe Allen we just don't click as well when he does the job).Can might be able to do the job but some strange reason he's not starting.
It's proven Lovren can't adjust to it too (im not falling for he's an improved player).

If Lovren is starting the only backup we have is Toure?if Sakho is on the outer.
I'm thinking Clynes the central defence option and Moreno at fullback.
Any opinion?
What's happening with Enrique and Flannigan?

We can't get rid of Enrique so I'm guessing his contract won't be renewed next season and we'll have the Instagram professional finally off our books.

You mentioned Ilori and I'd love BR to give him a chance to prove himself like he promised pre season. We've prices him out of moves and won't use him. It's not good enough for him, I'd be giving him a go as he really impressed for Portugal in the under 21 championships a little while back.

Like lolesi said Gomez is always an option as well, he has shown plenty of composure for a kid so far playing LB.

It's almost criminal the way Sakho has been treated by BR. Spends £18m on him, then when he arrives decides he isn't good enough and won't play him. Sakho wants out of the club despite probably being our best CB. He looks like a baby giraffe of ice when he's on the ball but he is still solid as!

Would really love to see Lucas or can sitting at the bottom of a diamond formation. Particularly Lucas who really covers the back 4 and breaks up the opposition play better than anyone in our squad. He also looks to pass forward instead of back to the CB's or GK like Allen does when playing that role.

Hendo and Milner are way to similar to both sit in that deeper role. Hendo arguably played his best football when he was on the right side of the diamond. Millner out wide is plenty effective as well as he has shown at City.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts