What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Y.N.W.A. Thread (Liverpool fans thread) II

Status
Not open for further replies.

saint.nick

Coach
not telling us anything we don't already know sunshine, might have helped if you read further in the thread before blowing your load, although can being "found out" is a massive exagerration, he had 2-3 poor games, where one of them contributed to 3 of the 4 goals, so it was magnified.

You get way too defensive, I wasn't blowing my load...

lolesi

First Grade
Can in central midfield this year is the go. It's his best position and he will continue to grow and grow as a player. He has the potential to be a big player for us for a long time !

ESPNFC are reporting we could be making amove to sign Pedro from Barcelona.

Also reports circulating of a move for Lucas Digne from Paris St Germain. He plays at LB.

As to the side, part of the issue is that we seem to have a glut of midfielders. Based on signings to date it looks more likely Rogers will start with a back 4. Based on the current squad that will probably be:

Clyne-Skrtel-Sakho-Moreno.

From there it gets a little murkier as it depends on what kind of formation will he play. 4-2-3-1? 4-4-2 diamond? 4-3-2-1? 4-3-3? That is part of the problem which makes working out the nominal starting side difficult.

I dare say of the remaining 6 outfield spots 3 of them will be filled by Benteke, Henderson and Miller.

That leaves 3 spots for Firmino, Countinho, Lallana, Can, Markovic, Ibe, Lucas, Allen and (when fit) Sturridge to be squeezed in.

That is part of the problem with Rogers. He likes flexibility but that cause problems too as he can at times chop and change his formation too much.

Last edited:

cb4

First Grade
We will have different formations depending on the fitness of Sturridge.

To start the season, you will see.

Migs
Clyne Skrtle Sakho Moreno
Can/Lucas
Henderson Milner
Coutinho Firmino
Benteke

When Sturridge is fit.

Migs
Clyne Skrtle Sakho Moreno
Henderson
Milner Coutinho
Firmino
Benteke Sturridge

Plenty of depth and reasonable quality for Liverpool but just not enough top line talent to be serious challengers.

The squad looks bloated with just bits and pieces players everywhere, middling type talents that are just taking up a space and a wage. Mignolet isn't good enough, a better starting centre half is needed and midfield quality is poor.

I'll say you'll finish around 5th-6th.

Andrew Wisdom has been sent out on loan for the season to Norwich. That is official.

Are some reports that Barcelona may be lining up to make a bid for Moreno.

saint.nick

Coach
I don't think he will leave, but it would make signing digne even more important.

We may have signed a lot of players this summer but I really don't think we had any other choice. We needed to refresh the striking department, we needed another explosive game-changing forward player (firmino), we needed someone in midfield to replace Gerrard's void, we needed a back up keeper, we needed a right fullback, and we still need competition for the left fullback position.

Things may need time to gel again this season, but it could be no worse than going into the season hoping to do well with what we already had. Fullback depth was bare, goalkeeping depth was bare, and striking depth was bare considering that: a) Sturridge is out till October and unreliable, and b) we are trying to offload lambert, Borini and balotelli who haven't worked out for us. Firmino was IMO a necessary signing because we need more goals and razzle dazzle from our attacking midfield apart from Coutinho, and you can never have too many brazilians in your team. Who was going to fill in Gerrard's void? Can? He may be talented but he's young and raw. I'd rather see him develop a bit more.

Jack_Napier

Staff member
Great another season in transition then. How we need to buy another 7-8 players after we did the exact same thing at the start of last season has me stuffed. thank god its not my money is all I can say.

saint.nick

Coach
Great another season in transition then. How we need to buy another 7-8 players after we did the exact same thing at the start of last season has me stuffed. thank god its not my money is all I can say.

It's not ideal but I don't see what else we can do. Keeping the same team with one or two added faces IMO wasn't going to change anything. It was the correct avenue to go down last season but not this season. In saying that I reckon we've bought better quality than last season.

cb4

First Grade
Last year was a wasted window. I have said it many times, but last year, instead of 10 signings and 12 million, we needed 3 40 million dollar signings.

Should have been a huge statement of intent, instead of a huge statement of laughter. We needed to solidify our top 4 spot, not fall out of it.

We have signed heaps better this season, and last season we had champions league.

saint.nick

Coach
I want Lallana to have a big season. One thing he needs to improve is his dithering on the ball with twists and turns and etc

Jack_Napier

Staff member
Lambert gone to WBA, think he's bagged 2 goals for them already. Good luck to him I say, was never given a decent chance with us even if he wasn't right for us.

saint.nick

Coach
Apparently one discretion balotelli has done behind the scenes is bring his dogs to training and let them shit on the field.

��

Status
Not open for further replies.