What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Y.N.W.A. Thread (Liverpool fans thread) II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jack_Napier

Staff member
We seriously need a change in formation. Piss off the horseshit 4-3-3 and revert to a 4-4-2 with the midfield diamond set up. We aren't good enough to play one up top as our attacking wide players aren't good enough.

Play Firmino/Ings off Big Ben with Couts sitting in behind them. Hendo right side of the diamond and Milner left side, Càn or Lucas in front of the back 4.

Jack_Napier

Staff member
Yeah I agree Umina, what's the point in bringing in Benteke, Ings and Origi to only play one up top. Honestly what would we lose from our piss weak attack if he did this.

Few more performances like that and hopefully the clueless Americans bin his ass!

Jack_Napier

Staff member
Yep and still did nothing about. Gotta love BR throwing marsh and Pascoe under the bus just to save his own ass. Worked I guess, to the detriment of our club

Jack_Napier

Staff member
More than likely but last podcast Ed001 said he threw them under the bus in the end of season review.

Foz

Bench
Why was Firmino hooked?
No Coutinho,2 goals down and it's all ok to bring the striker on but who was left to feed them the ball?
Doesn't matter who's up front if there's no service.

Jack_Napier

Staff member
I couldn't work that one out as well Foz. With Couts having been sent, Firmino was clearly our only creative option out there. Tactically we are just terrible in every way.

cb4

First Grade
Our need for defense in this transfer window has been completely negated. Needed to bring in a good CB and a brilliant DM, instead we brought strikers. 7th at best.

saint.nick

Coach
I don't think we needed a CB. We just needed to flick Lovren, prioritise Sakho, and replace Skrtel with Ilori.

The hope that Rodgers is gone soon is so bittersweet. I means that we'll be considerably out of top 4 contention by Christmas...

Jack_Napier

Staff member
Well we won't be seeing Ilori given a go as he's just been sent on loan to Villa with an option to buy apparently. So much for BR's guarantees of playing time.

I really don't understand the way the club is being run. I can honestly see Rodgers sticking around for the whole season regardless of results. Michael Gordon, the boss of the football side of things for FSG clearly has no idea, so I doubt he'll have the balls to make the tough call.

Last edited:

Foz

Bench
13/24 players we've bought under Brendan have been sold or gone out on loan.
Why pay 7 million for a guy and not even give him a go?
Mustnt be performing in reserves or is it a case of Brendan didn't buy him so he doesn't get a run.(I'll expand on that as Ilori must be a committee buy we bought him with Rodgers in charge)
Hope one of our wing backs can play sweeper.
Remember Kenny got the punt for paying 35 million for Carroll yet he sold Torres for 50 million.
Also bought a guy named Suarez but the so called experts thought he didn't have it any more.
Meanwhile Brendan's spent 250 to 325 million.Best buy Coutinho?

Last edited:

Jack_Napier

Staff member
It's just BR showing how little clue he has when it comes to managing a football club/team. What's worse is our owners and the person they have running the show(Michael Gordon)have just as little clue.

saint.nick

Coach
Rodgers has to be one of the most dishonest, incompetent man-managers I have ever seen.

You don't just promise him that he'll play for Liverpool this season, only to then ship him out on loan. Fair enough if desperate, unforeseeable circumstances caused the move, but if anything, the current circumstances suggest we NEED Ilori!!! :crazy:

What's Rodgers afraid of with dropping Skrtel and Lovren? Backlash? As if, he's already exposed himself to that with marginalizing players that he didn't want.

Mike Gordon needs to go too if he can't see it. We have guys like Jurgen Klopp talking with other clubs while we sit on our hands and do f**k all because apparently Rodgers is a better option.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts