What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Y.N.W.A. Thread (Liverpool fans thread) II

Status
Not open for further replies.

cb4

First Grade
Klopp will be announced within the next 48 hours. So keep refreshing twitter, who can sleep now?

Garry Mac is training the guys who stayed behind, no sign of O'Driscoll.

saint.nick

Coach
Yeah, and funny how Coutinho ("Coh-chin-yo" as a Brazilian I know correctly taught me) is not actually injured, just staying behind to meet Klopp

Lemon Squash

First Grade
Still not counting my chickens until it happens but it would be an enormous coup for the club to get Klopp.

He is truly a world class manager and he is a signing that will really make all the big clubs stand up and take notice. I have mates who are Utd/Chelse/Arsenal supporters and they have confessed to being jealous and nervous of what he could with our squad.

It's a statement of intent from the owners that the club and the fans deserve positive results and that we are all sick of the inconsistent garbage we have been putting up with for the best part of a decade.

lolesi

First Grade
Geez I'm excited about it. Can't wait to see what he does to this club !!

First time I've been excited about our club since the title run.

cb4

First Grade
I've been chatting to Nick about this via PM, I haven't been this excited about a potential signing since Rafa and Torres, can't split those 2.

Mong

Post Whore
Excited Liverpool fans are a nice change to the usual.

Are you guys going to be like jimmy is with Jose if this happens?

Jack_Napier

Staff member
I've been chatting to Nick about this via PM, I haven't been this excited about a potential signing since Rafa and Torres, can't split those 2.

Agree big time CB! I'm so pumped for this signing, I must've refreshed the page on Liverpool-Rumours every 5 mins for the last 2 days just waiting for the announcement. That's the type of manager Klopp is tho. I seriously can't wait to see JK holding the scarf for his first pic as a LFC manager. It's better than any player signing we could make IMO.

Been reading some Klopp quotes as well and gee his Press conferences are going to be a breath of fresh air.

cb4

First Grade
If anyone posts on Rawk, there is a gif thread for him, it is hilarious.

He is going to be massive, he has already united a fighting fan base, so he is a special kind of person.
And, Neven Subotic wants to join, seeya Lovren and Skrtel.

Jack_Napier

Staff member
Have to check out the gifs thread on Rawk, someone on Liverpool-Rumours posted 25 of his best quotes and they are brilliant haha so honest about everything.

Where'd you read Subotic wants to join mate. He's not Hummels obviously but he's a great defender. Subotic and Sakho as a pairing would be so good after having to endure skittles and Lovren this season and last.

cb4

First Grade
Hummels is only as good as he is because Subotic is the commander of the backline. I watched most of BvB's dream run to the CL. Subotic had that backline so organised it isn't funny.

It was on twitter last night, but here is a link
http://metro.co.uk/2015/10/07/liver...fer-once-jurgen-klopp-arrives-report-5426097/

No real direct quotes, but if you read BvB forums he is a Klopp follower. Klopp managed him at Mainz and then signed him to BvB.
And we have seemingly inherited 100,000 German fans from his signing.

There was also a post saying that they hope Liverpool signs Reus and not Madrid haha. Klopp has legft a burning impression.

Jack_Napier

Staff member
Nice mate, it's nothing definitive but it's a fair link with Subo. Again would love it to happen as you say he's a great CB and our defence needs organising big time. Not sure how keen BVB would be to sell in January tho. Fingers crossed he continues to follow JK.

At least JK will get a decent amount of time to assess the squad before a transfer window opens as well. We definitely need players moved on which should give him some $$$ to bring in his own players.

Who do you see as wing surplus to requirements under Klopp? Surely Lovren and Skirtel have to go. I'd even want Klopp to go after a new GK, would instantly improve our defence getting someone in who can actually command a defence which Migs just doesn't do.

saint.nick

Coach
What do I do...go to a uni party tonight, or sit at home on the computer refreshing the internet waiting for an announcement? The last time I went to a uni party, Rodgers was sacked a few hours later, so there might be a good omen there...

saint.nick

Coach
Hummels is only as good as he is because Subotic is the commander of the backline. I watched most of BvB's dream run to the CL. Subotic had that backline so organised it isn't funny.

http://metro.co.uk/2015/10/07/liver...fer-once-jurgen-klopp-arrives-report-5426097/

No real direct quotes, but if you read BvB forums he is a Klopp follower. Klopp managed him at Mainz and then signed him to BvB.

There was also a post saying that they hope Liverpool signs Reus and not Madrid haha. Klopp has legft a burning impression.

So he's the Bundesliga's Darius Boyd?

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
What do I do...go to a uni party tonight, or sit at home on the computer refreshing the internet waiting for an announcement? The last time I went to a uni party, Rodgers was sacked a few hours later, so there might be a good omen there...

party

get a life

Foz

Bench

Never seen Subotic play but he sounds like What Darius Boyd is to Wayne Bennett.

DB

First Grade
Will laugh my head off if Mourinho leaves Chelsea overnight, and Klopp is announced as the Blues new boss.

Status
Not open for further replies.