What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Y.N.W.A. Thread (Liverpool fans thread) II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lemon Squash

First Grade
He's gone now surely?

I was never sold on him but was willing to give him time to see what he could do.

He's had ample and we are just absolute balls atm, if they don't get rid of him now then we can pretty much right off the season.

There is enough quality in this squad to be competitive with anyone in the EPL, no I'm not expecting to win the league but I want us to play attractive football and believe that on any day we could beat any team in the EPL and be competitive against the big dogs in Europe.

Well we couldn't even beat Sion at home, sure we had some of our first 11 out but we still should have put them away. Actually come to think of it, do we even know what our best first 11 is? Rodgers sure as hell doesn't.

Everton are going to give it to us this weekend, I'm a punter and one rule I have is I never back or back against my teams.. Taking my heart out of it though I think they are morals, they are playing with confidence while ours is shot.

cb4

First Grade
It's almost getting to that point for me as well cb.

We play dull rubbish football and can't defend for shit, he has to go sooner rather than later.

Very much so.

For the better part of a decade I have sacrificed sleep, gone to work tired as shit, driven from Sydney to Brisbane after watching the lads play.
Because, back in those days, even if we lost, we played with passion and spirit.
And if we had a draw, it was a gripping game, with good football being played.
And a win? I will never forget wins like Istanbul, or Stevies first camera kiss at old Trafford.

Now? A loss is just pathetic. A draw is spiritless football. It's not the players fault to a degree. They are following an over-structured game plan.
There is no atmosphere in the ground, its like 40,000 corpse's turn up.

Did you see the pictures of the empty stands at Anfield. I have never, EVER seen anything like that in my life.
This is absolute bullshit now.
The Derby this weekend, the two games we circle every year, will be meaningless, dull contests. We will get belted this weekend.

And you know whats worse. Not one f**king scouser will be in our starting line up. So who is going to show the fight or passion for the Red shirt in this game?
We are going to get trounced by Everton. Everton. Let that sink in.

"We have never lost a Derby since I have been in charge."

1 win. 5 draws. That's not a record to be f**king proud of.

For me to even remotely care about this season, he needs a win this weekend. If that doesn't happen. I won't watch a single minute of them again.
And, the owners are just as much at fault for letting this drag on.

They had the chance to sack him after the 6-1 Stoke debacle.
They had the chance to sack him after the 3-1 United game.
They had they chance to sack him after we couldn't beat f**king Carlisle at home.

Sorry for the rant, but this team is doing me in.

saint.nick

Coach
Very much so.

For the better part of a decade I have sacrificed sleep, gone to work tired as shit, driven from Sydney to Brisbane after watching the lads play.
Because, back in those days, even if we lost, we played with passion and spirit.
And if we had a draw, it was a gripping game, with good football being played.
And a win? I will never forget wins like Istanbul, or Stevies first camera kiss at old Trafford.

Now? A loss is just pathetic. A draw is spiritless football. It's not the players fault to a degree. They are following an over-structured game plan.
There is no atmosphere in the ground, its like 40,000 corpse's turn up.

Did you see the pictures of the empty stands at Anfield. I have never, EVER seen anything like that in my life.
This is absolute bullshit now.
The Derby this weekend, the two games we circle every year, will be meaningless, dull contests. We will get belted this weekend.

And you know whats worse. Not one f**king scouser will be in our starting line up. So who is going to show the fight or passion for the Red shirt in this game?
We are going to get trounced by Everton. Everton. Let that sink in.

"We have never lost a Derby since I have been in charge."

1 win. 5 draws. That's not a record to be f**king proud of.

For me to even remotely care about this season, he needs a win this weekend. If that doesn't happen. I won't watch a single minute of them again.
And, the owners are just as much at fault for letting this drag on.

They had the chance to sack him after the 6-1 Stoke debacle.
They had the chance to sack him after the 3-1 United game.
They had they chance to sack him after we couldn't beat f**king Carlisle at home.

Sorry for the rant, but this team is doing me in.

There's nothing wrong with a rant when every single thing you just said is 100% true. That's our situation right now, there's virtually nothing positive to talk about. Sturridge is back, but who gives a f**k? In a lot of ways it's a f**king curse because he's the only guy capable of making Rodgers look semi-decent.

Reminding us with his derby record quote made me think of all the other pathetic spin he's drossed out this week, shit like (to paraphrase) 'we've lost less games than Chelsea', 'we've made a lot of shots', 'I can't win without quality', 'there is a conspiracy, this hysteria is unwarranted'. Shit, not enough quality? So guys like Firmino and Benteke are actually just cheap run-of-the-mill signings? I've generally thought Rodgers is a nice guy but he's made himself look like an arrogant f**king twat in the past week or two. Takes all the credit when we're winning, shifts the blame when we're losing.

God, a home draw to effing Sion. No joke, when I first heard someone say 'Sion' I thought they were trying to abbreviate Southampton. Never heard of this obscure club, yet Rodgers is incapable of getting a home win against them. What a mess.

Jack_Napier

Staff member
So a poster on another site who is usually good with info has posted Rodgers will be gone next week regardless of the result against Everton.

cb4

First Grade
The rumour is FDB, so it's unlikely. Friend of mine said BR has until Christmas.

Jack_Napier

Staff member
We would have to ask Ajax to talk to FDB first and then pay any compensation owed to Ajax. I'll take FDB if it means Cryuff comes with him.

saint.nick

Coach
You beat me to it. I suddenly woke up 5 mins ago with this huge feeling that something huge happened. I check my phone and my mate has messages me saying WAKE UP HES GONE. Could not be happier when I saw the news confirmed. BR being sacked and arsenal beating united 3-0, awesome news to wake up to. I was afraid that a draw wasn't enough flick him but apparently the second half was very ordinary.

Lemon Squash

First Grade
So looks like those rumors about him being sacked regardless of the result were bang on.

Now lets just hope they get someone decent to replace him.

saint.nick

Coach
Yep, echo said the decision was made before the derby, but you couldn't help but just fear that a derby win would save him. With the opportune international break looming, they needed to make their mind up a while ago and that they did. One lone derby win was not going to change their minds.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts