What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Y.N.W.A. Thread (Liverpool fans thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Knightmare

Coach
If Liverpool win their remaining games and keep ManUre on their heels till the very end, I would call this a successful season. After last season, there were people predicting we'd fall out of the top 4, but instead have gone the other way and lead the comp for a long time.

In that time we have also ridded ourselves of some hexes (Chel$ki at Stamford Bridge, ManUre anywhere) and as pointed out, only a small amount of games have seen Torres and Gerrard both fit and playing together. Hopefully this is where the momentum begins to go one better and win the title next year. Scrap Lucas, lure another good striker to the club as well as get more game time out of our #8 and #9, and I think we'll be on the verge of another glory period.

Ridders

Coach
Your right, this season has been a big step forward. I still think we need to add a bit more quality to the side. A right winger is a must. I know Kuyt can do a job, but he offers very little width. I would like to get another striker but i don't know hows thats going to work. We play our best when we have Alonso an

Red Bear

Referee
A left winger is more important than a right winger, riera is pretty mediocre. Yes, both wings could be improved. Looks like we will get barry, replace lucas as our depth central midfield, although wouldnt mind him starting

Red Bear

Referee
Reports are that Lucas might be getting sold which would pave the way for Barry to come in, which would be a damn good signing IMO.
Sami Hyypia is leaving at the end of the season, off to Bayer Leverkusen at the end of the season.

Mong

Post Whore
Manure will have effectively won the title after this weekend when they win both games and your lot lose to the mighty Hammers at the Boleyn..

Jason Maher

Immortal
Manure will have effectively won the title after this weekend when they win both games and your lot lose to the mighty Hammers at the Boleyn..

I hope you're right, but I seriously think you will be wrong. Liverpool have nothing else to play for this season, so will leave it all on the pitch trying to nick the League Title, and hope we fall over. West Ham would be officially my second favourite team if they managed it though. :D

Mong

Post Whore
I hope you're right, but I seriously think you will be wrong. Liverpool have nothing else to play for this season, so will leave it all on the pitch trying to nick the League Title, and hope we fall over. West Ham would be officially my second favourite team if they managed it though. :D

We can only but hope.. I don't think we have the strike power to beat them at the moment really but you never know, they may be able to get by one one moment of brilliance and then defend in a big way.. :lol:

Ridders

Coach
A left winger is more important than a right winger, riera is pretty mediocre. Yes, both wings could be improved. Looks like we will get barry, replace lucas as our depth central midfield, although wouldnt mind him starting

Sure he's mediocre, but at least he gives us width on our left hand side. Kuyt offers absolutely f**k all on our right wing, he's far more effective in a central role. I'm not saying Kuyt has to be superseded, it would just be nice to have some variety on the right hand side of our team.

Mong

Post Whore
Better team definately won the game.. When the penalty went in it was as good as over.. The pnealty was definately a penalty but it was a classic top 4 decision immediately before that which lead to it..

Pool definately are not the best team i have seen against the Hammers this year, ahead of Chelsea but behind Man U in that regard..

Good luck to you for the last couple of games and for the title..

Foz

Bench
Know the game meant nothing to us and everything to West Brom but did anyone catch Carra giving it to Arbeloa?
Maybe the wake up call Arbeloa needed but he(Carra) couldve waited until the change rooms to give it to him.
Made me think back straight away to the old stories about the Liverpool changeroom where the Spanish lot were on one side of the room and the other nationalities on the other.
Noticed Alonso having words with Carra at the end of the match too.
Dont want that sort of stuff raising its ugly head again.
Bad luck West Brom.They really had a dig in this one but it was a game of missed opportunities and capitalizing on errors.
One they really had little chance in winning given their track record and it was all there last night for everyone to see.

Matt23

Staff member
The Carragher/Arbeloa thing was apparently over the Golden gloves award or something?

lolesi

First Grade
hello friends!

with the season over and the transfer market upon us, who would you like to see us go after?

firstly id like to see us retain Alonso... he was great this year and still offers alot to the club.

id also like to see us get a partner for torres.. someone decent this year would be nice thanks.

a wide player.. right or left it doesnt matter! just 1 wide player would be glorious!

agger to have a full pre-season and recapture his 07/08 form would be nice also.

thanks rafa.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts