What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Yeah Right !!

Eelementary

Post Whore
How many 100+ metre games has Morrison played in this season? How many linebreaks has he made?

How many metres have our props managed to gather in a single game (what's our 2006 record, as compared to our 2005 record)?

Let's review some key issues:

* People say we need to focus on what he's achieved in 2006, because that's the present, and we need to focus on the present and future. That's a fair point. However, the rebuttal is just as good.

In 2005, Tim Smith's kicks nearly always stopped in the in-goal; his chips always found his man; his long kicks usually always found space; his passes were normally accurate and held onto. In 2006, however, how much of these facts hold true?

* Tim Smith's "killer instinct" seems to have gone. Admit it - last year, 90% of the time we had the ball in the opposition's 20 metre zone, you were either expecting a try or a drop-out, and usually due to Tim's instincts. This year, however, he will rarely chip for his wingers, or put in a well-weighted grubber for Morrison to chase.

* Our defense (and attack, too) around ther ruck has been nothing short of abysmal in 2006, whereas we dominated that aspect in 2005.

To say he has no talent is foolish. Tim Smith has a lot of ability, and, as he proved last year, he DOES have good instincts. But for some unknown reason, he has been a shell of his former self in 2006.

parra pete

Referee
Have a look in todays RLW..Who has the least number of hitups for least metres gained in the whole NRL Then have a look at last weeks also and most throughout the year..Not just with the Eels, but in the whole NRL. Add them all up. His total yardage hasn't got him over half way if you start from one goal line.. The team needs a half back to run the ball, mix it up. He HASN'T got the talent I'm afraid.
Would he be in first grade at any other Club????

Eelementary

Post Whore
parra pete said:
Have a look in todays RLW..Who has the least number of hitups for least metres gained in the whole NRL Then have a look at last weeks also and most throughout the year..Not just with the Eels, but in the whole NRL. Add them all up. His total yardage hasn't got him over half way if you start from one goal line.. The team needs a half back to run the ball, mix it up. He HASN'T got the talent I'm afraid.

I reckon Tim would do very well at a team with a half-competent forward pack and a 5/8 which complements his own game.

Eelementary

Post Whore
I don't know what his problem this year is, but one thing is for certain - it's a pretty serious one. It's affecting his on-field performances and his off-field life. He REALLY needs to get it sorted.

Angry_eel

First Grade
Remember the old story about how the pet tiger tasted blood and ate his master. Timmy's skill and career is the master, alcohol is the blood and the tiger is need to be free of his problems(whatever they are).

Eelementary

Post Whore
Angry_eel said:
Remember the old story about how the pet tiger tasted blood and ate his master. Timmy's skill and career is the master, alcohol is the blood and the tiger is need to be free of his problems(whatever they are).

Maybe it's cos it's 1am...But that confused me...

The Colonel

Immortal
parra pete said:

Well there was a rumour another Sydney club with halfback problems were keenly interested in whether or not he'd be sacked.

Angry_eel

First Grade
Eelementary said:
Maybe it's cos it's 1am...But that confused me...
lol i was just trying to say that he will do it again and wreck his career. If he has the balls to clash with michael clarke while he is drunk then he can do anything. he needs to be sent to some kind of alcholic rehab. He's starting to get a bit of a habit of drinking and getting in the newspapers. Also, even if stops, he could use his drunk rage as threat to avoid being dropped from the team.

Angry_eel said:
Also, even if stops, he could use his drunk rage as threat to avoid being dropped from the team.
if he is in a drunk rage wouldn't that create his getting dropped from the team?:-k

parra pete

Referee
The Colonel said:
Well there was a rumour another Sydney club with halfback problems were keenly interested in whether or not he'd be sacked.

Hope they get him...He is VERY ordinary ...in my opinion

Angry_eel

First Grade
The EELiminator said:
if he is in a drunk rage wouldn't that create his getting dropped from the team?:-k
But the bad press the club will receive will depend on the severity of his rage which will ofcourse lead to him being dropped from the team.