What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

You are our bitches

_Johnsy

Referee
can't really say we were outplayed...

Most of their tries came from our errors

Excuses, excuses. You were comprehensively outplayed last night in every facet of the game. Your forwards were innefective, your star studded backline did sweet Fugg all.

What game were you watching.

Love the excuses, its 8 from 8, I would have thought the penny would have dropped by now.

FMD the broncs opposition never win a game the broncs lose it. :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Last edited:

Syko

Juniors
Good win by the Dragons there defence was awesome they really monstered the Broncos pack... I still don't think the Dragons attack is that great but they are a genuince chance to go all the way this year now they have a decent coach.

hard to have best of both worlds, but last night our attack had improved and that was something that was needed for this game in particular.

JW

Coach
Their defence f**ked us over big time. Nothing overly spectacular, but hard, persistent Origin-like stuff as it was described during commentary. They just sapped the energy out of us to the point where 30-35m sets were becoming the norm. That's pretty much the crux of it, and combating that is what we need to improve on for the coming weeks.

Still, there's no need for us to be getting up in arms about our performance. We're not even a month in to the season, and there is an incredible amount of work and improvement left in the team. To be 3 and 1 at the moment is a very encouraging start and i'm sure a lot of you would've taken it prior to round 1, when plenty of folks were writing us off completely.

Last edited:

hellteam

First Grade
Their defence f**ked us over big time. Nothing overly spectacular, but hard, persistent Origin-like stuff as it was described during commentary. They just sapped the energy out of us to the point where 30-35m sets were becoming the norm. That's pretty much the crux of it, and combating that is what we need to improve on for the coming weeks.

Still, there's no need for us to be getting up in arms about our performance. We're not even a month in to the season, and there is an incredible amount of work and improvement left in the team. To be 3 and 1 at the moment is a very encouraging start and i'm sure a lot of you would've taken it prior to round 1, when plenty of folks were writing us off completely.

Completely agree. Not too bothered by this loss at all, Dragons don't win when it counts, we all know that.

Frank_Grimes

First Grade
Brisbane win the games that count. You know, the Grand Finals? I would understand if Saints fans can't even remember what a GF looks like.

You can have your April Trophy.

11Straight

Juniors

Agreed.You guys have alot to look forward to this year and considering who you have beaten in the past month you are in good stead for the rest of the season.

11Straight

Juniors
Brisbane win the games that count. You know, the Grand Finals? I would understand if Saints fans can't even remember what a GF looks like.

:lol::lol: So gracious in defeat.

Suck it up like a man you pony fiddler.

Big Pete

Referee

Great post!

Last night exposed our overall inexperience with some uncharacteristic mistakes that the Dragons were smart enough to capitilise on.

dragonfire

Bench
was a good game, great game to be at live. thought we were in for a hard night when Dell got penalised early for throwing Thaiday off our guy to speed it up and then Broncos scored the next set. But our forwards smashed them into submission as already said. from the stands the game was won at half time. Cant wait for the match at suncorp next year now

thommo4pm

Coach
I think both of our sides have a lot to look forward too this season after last nights match.
The quality of that match, especially being Round 4, was excellent.
Both sides will improve as the season continues.

The difference in our game compared to the Roosters v Parra was huge.

Saints and Brisbane are two heavyweights of the comp, Parra & Easts are two very poor teams.

I'm pleased to say we won, and I can also admit I was shaking and bloody nervous right up until the 79th minute when Brisbane did not have enough time left to score two tries.
That tells me, I know Brisbane are a quality team and can do a lot of damage on any given day.

Good luck for the remainder of the season Bronco's fans.

miccle

Bench
Memories of 92/93 must be very comforting when you have been outplayed for the 8th in a row time by us.
Quick get those GF videos on, before you need the tissues.

Bad luck again bitches.

Haha champ, I think you'll find that most people are congratulating the Saints on their victory last night. Of course it hurts that we've lost so f**king many straight against your guys...

But it's like I remarked to a big bunch of Saints supporters going SPASTIC on the way back to the train station after the match last night... "Over 40,000 people and a good win... must be as close as you kids get to the premiership, hey?"

Don't want to be a cont about it, but I've seriously not seen a bigger over-reaction to a round win in my entire life. It was like the Saints had won the comp, the WCC, the World Cup and declared peace in the Middle East at the same time.

_Johnsy

Referee

Franky, Franky, Franky

No-one is saying we are going to win the comp, we are just happy we own your asses, and it kills you. Your backline of stars did nothing, your forwards were outplayed in every facet. Dont get to down, there are 22 regular season games to go. I am amazed that bronc supporters cant handle a bit of stick.

Did you win the game that counted last year, or any other semi final you have been beaten in. Oooops my mistake those semis didn't matter right. Idiot

Miccle, may I suggest the reason why the saints fans were ecstatic was becasue no-one gave them a shot at a win last night, and we as a team arefinally learning how to play footy that will give us a realistic shot at progressing in the finals, not just making up the numbes ala 2008.

Last edited:

miccle

Bench
Semis matter to an extent Johnsy, but I think you'll agree there are pretty much three clear-cut finishing spots for a footy team in the year.

Premiers.
Finalists.
Missed the finals.

History doesn't particularly differentiate between week one finalists and week two finalists, lol.

I can definitely handle the stick from Dragons supporters - along with Melbourne fans, they've got more right than anyone to sock it to us considering recent history.

...even if it is taking Sailor, Priddis, Boyd, Costigan and Bennett to keep the tradition going ;-)

Frank_Grimes

First Grade
Franky, Franky, Franky

No-one is saying we are going to win the comp, we are just happy we own your asses, and it kills you.
No I'm fine, in fact I even congratulated the Dragons. It seems you are the one worked up. I'll point that out later.
_Johnsy said:
Your backline of stars did nothing, your forwards were outplayed in every facet. Dont get to down, there are 22 regular season games to go. I am amazed that bronc supporters cant handle a bit of stick.
I can handle a bit of stick. What amazes me is the way Saints fans carry on like they've won a Grand Fin...... oops, there I go again, mentioning a game that really counts.

_Johnsy said:
Did you win the game that counted last year, or any other semi final you have been beaten in. Oooops my mistake those semis didn't matter right. Idiot
See now right here is where it is quite evident that you are worked up about this _Johnsy. You have to resort to name calling. Is the reality sinking in that we are only in April?

I'll let the Brisbane GF success rate speak for itself. How is the St George one? They haven't choked at all have they?

Frank_Grimes

First Grade
Any one of the 15, especially the 11 in a row. As ours are history, so are yours.

You're getting desperate here, referencing premierships that aren't even yours.

Last time I looked, the St George Illawarra Dragons didn't have any premierships.