What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

you lads could win the comp

tupac

Juniors
i know its early sighns yet but i beleve you blokes could win the comp. The side just needs to keep improving you have a great forward pack and a great backline. The only things i say need to happen dean widders permenant spot on the bench and john morris has to keep improving. But good luck to you guys 8)

Stagger eel

Staff member
thyanks for the compliment, but I for one ain't gonmna buy into the "we can win the comp" rubbish because it's way to early and if you had to choose a bench at the moment, I would more than happy to give that tag to Manly at the moment.

scottyeel

Bench
Thanks tupac but although i would love to believe that, at this stage we are not even close to premiership material.
But if we do keep getting better each week and peak at the right time.......

nah, maybe next year.

Bazal

Post Whore
Put it this way. If we peak soon, we will go close. But consistency has been our problem with a new side, and I just don't think we'll have the consistency over the first half of the year to really challenge the premiership this year. But, having said that, you never know with Parramatta, at this stage we could win the premiership or get the spoon, that's the sort of team we've been over the past few years.

Utey

Coach
If we keep playing like we did last night theres no reason why we cant. We will have a real dig if our defence is that strong continually. But speculating this early? Melbourne were only 3 weeks ago, now arent really as expected. I dont want our team with that tag.

Eelementary

Post Whore
chloe said:
I'm with Tupac. Down with Biggie.

:lol:

Gold!

And regarding the topic...

I say why not?

Grothe, Tahu and McKinnon are all excellent backs.

Morris is a talented player that is getting better each and every game and finding his feet.

Smithy has shown that he can lead the boys around AND set up tries and linebreaks.

Our dummy half rotation, when they get more confident, will be the best in the league.

We have some awesome forwards.

We have a strong bench with a lot of punch.

Sure, early days.

But why the hell not?

We can dream, can't we? We Parra fans have earned it!

consistency is the key, we have shown flashes of brilliance in our wins (except for round 1) but then we turn it up the next week! hopefully now we have won twice in a row it will lay a platform to build on, more of that fantastic completion rate from the storm 2nd half will really help our game

The Colonel

Immortal
Its a cliche - but one week at a time will do me. We can worry about Septemebr when September comes.....

Bazal

Post Whore
Just purely out of interest, how many people here thought that we would do what we did in 2001 at this stage in the year? Cos we didn't start that well then either(and no I'm not in any way expecting another 2001, just wondering...)

Suitman

Post Whore
The Colonel said:
Its a cliche - but one week at a time will do me. We can worry about Septemebr when September comes.....

I'd like to think we will be worrying about October. ;-)

Suity

The Colonel

Immortal
Suitman said:
The Colonel said:

I'd like to think we will be worrying about October. ;-)

Suity

Got to start in the finals in September, October is a bonus.....

Freak

Juniors
Not the week to be worrying about the Premiership.

We have a derby to win!!!

The arch old rivals will learn what it is like to lose this battle!!

Latest posts