What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

You wont stop our group sex romps: NRL player

mik01

Juniors
If Rudd had been caught cheating on his wife and it was with let us say a young man (aged 19) would that very legal act have an impact on him politically.

Of course it would.

Johns is a media personality. What the public think of him is very important. People in the media live and die by public perception.

:lol::lol::lol::lol:
subtle...

Pete Cash

Post Whore
I think the Australian people would probably let him get away with cheating with a woman to be honest.

That is why the expression is being caught with a dead girl or live boy. :lol:

Ike E Bear

Juniors
You aren't allowed to discriminate on the basis of personal preferences. The simple rule they can act on is if it was illegal, which in this case it was not.

And still you're living in La-La Land.

You seem to think that law makers can regulate people's internal thought processes and judgments. As a manager of people, who hired and fired, I was once advised "discriminate all you want, just do it all in your head". As you form opinions of current and potential employees you ALWAYS filter it through your personal beliefs, preferences and values. If you don't verbalise any of those, however, and you avoid blatant discrimination, no one will be able to prove it. That's life.

Actions, legal or otherwise, have consequences. Johns CANNOT do his job as a media personality if the viewing public no longer want to watch him or listen to him.

On this basis, the one job he definitely shouldn't lose is the coaching gig (unless someone can successfully make a case that all this means he lack the leadership credentials required ... but I don't personally believe that).

I agree that there has been a degree of scapegoating and I think natural justice is perverted by the whole issue resurfacing seven years after the fact (with little or no new information). That doesn't mean Johns is completely faultless and undeserving of these consequences.

Ultimately, I think it's mostly a media beat up and there are agendas galore at play ... but these guys need to sleep in the beds they make for themselves - something I think Johns is actually doing an admire job of accepting. He's certainly saying and doing the right things, in my opinion.

He'll bounce back and I won't have any problem with that.

I just don't think "we have a right to our sex romps" is a defensible position for any footy player. If such romps are truly above board and done with a smidge of common sense then we wouldn't even know about them ... the fact that one party ends up making a complaint is what takes them from the realm of private to public.

Participants who do not conduct themselves with some common sense and decency, however, will be judged by their "customers" and if the fans and sponsors find such behaviour to be unpalatable, they might lose their livelihood. That's life too.