What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

YOUR ADVICE ON JAMIE LYON

magpiemax

Juniors
Spoke once again to my source this afternoon regarding Jamie Lyon and he said that another club who is higher than us on the ladder has made a higher offer for Jamie's services.
He said he did'nt know which club above us on the ladder could fit him under the cap and who could afford him.

He asked me what I thought,I said Jamie could just be calling your bluff so he could get more money out of us.
But then he said if we just continue with what we have currently offered him and he accept's that amount that would put us and him in an awkward position as we would realise he lied.

I said then why don't we just offer him a little more to save face so that way his happy and feel's he won the negotiating process.
He said to me we will do what ever it takes.
You might have to pass the hat around at Wests Tigers games Max. ;-)
Your opinion guy's???????

Davester

Juniors
So I guess we shouldn't look out for his signing as we wouldn't be able to match the higher bid..?

Davester

Juniors
Penrith have been ruled out of the bid. They can't afford him or fit him under the cap. Ah who cares, if we ain't gonna get him...we aint.

magpiemax

Juniors
Davester said:
So I guess we shouldn't look out for his signing as we wouldn't be able to match the higher bid..?
Well.. we don't know but he was told to speak to us as his last resort.

Davester

Juniors
magpiemax said:
Davester said:

Well there goes my confidence out the window on him signing with the Tigers if we are a last resort club. Oh well...rumour was good while it lasted :roll:

magpiemax

Juniors
Davester said:
magpiemax said:
Davester said:

Well there goes my confidence out the window on him signing with the Tigers if we are a last resort club. Oh well...rumour was good while it lasted :roll:
What the F*CK are you talking about"OUT THE WINDOW".It is between us and a possible bogey team Dave. :roll:

Anonymous

Juniors
he was told to speak to us as his last resort.

That doesn't exactly inspire confidence maxy boy ;-)

I don't know whether that's what you meant exactly? Did you mean we asked to be allowed to make the final offer?

HappyTiger

Juniors
Well if you listen to Sheens talks are only at an ealry stage.So lets not get too carried away just yet.The club itself may not yet be convinced with his attitude...............Who knows ??

Davester

Juniors
Ya never know, something may end up in the papers tommorow or sometime this week...even if it aint this week, maybe soon! and hopefully it's what we wanted to hear...

Max, tell him to sign with us or we'll send a busload of our supporters to Wee Waa to play shitty foot once a month at his house.

I agree though, it could be a bluff so offering the guy a bit more sounds sane. Everyone will be happy.

Especially us. ;-)

Latest posts