What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

YOUR ADVICE ON JAMIE LYON

magpiemax

Juniors
Eddie. said:
SMH

Former Test centre Jamie Lyon is expected to announce a decision on his playing future today, with Wests Tigers keen to entice him back to the NRL next season if he gains a release from the Eels.

Sounds like good news to me if he met with Noyce today.
SURPRISE,SURPRISE,SURPRISE :shock: WELL I'LL BE! ;-)

Eddie.

Bench
magpiemax said:
Eddie. said:
SMH

Former Test centre Jamie Lyon is expected to announce a decision on his playing future today, with Wests Tigers keen to entice him back to the NRL next season if he gains a release from the Eels.

But is it a good surprise max?, i think you have 100% so far.

magpiemax

Juniors
Eddie. said:
magpiemax said:
Eddie. said:
SMH

But is it a good surprise max?, i think you have 100% so far.
Mate,like I said 70% i'm guessing as he has'nt signed yet.People may change there mind's.

Famous1

Juniors
I have been told an attractive offer has been made for 3 seasons, it has been forwarded to his father and should make a decision before monday.

Peanuts - 2005 2006 + Very Large increase

with the signing of lyon, it gives us a backup goalkicker in the 17, as lyon has been kicking them in wee waa and has a good success rate, around the 75%. #-o I bet smithy was wishing he knew that alot earlier :lol:

come on LYON, come join the rest of the tigers

Bench
Cheers Max,I thought he was the best centre in the league before he went walk about.The added bonus of playing 5/8 is good,also could attract better players and encourage our young guns to hang around.
Come on Patty,Hodgo,Moodie and Micky B get in his ear and get him here ASAP,these players only come along once in a blue moon take them while you can.

vlad

juniors
Famous1 said:
I have been told an attractive offer has been made for 3 seasons, it has been forwarded to his father and should make a decision before monday.

Peanuts - 2005 2006 + Very Large increase

with the signing of lyon, it gives us a backup goalkicker in the 17, as lyon has been kicking them in wee waa and has a good success rate, around the 75%. #-o I bet smithy was wishing he knew that alot earlier :lol:

come on LYON, come join the rest of the tigers

scott prince kicked a lot of goals last year in Qld Cup too .

bonstonker

Juniors
if it means we will have nothing left to buy jobson,then get out the cheque book.
i wouldn't be surprised if newcastle made a play for him.

lyon will cap of the amazing turn around of talent in our backline with 4 rep players and an emerging one.in 2 years sheens has done a great job in backline recruitment,without having to resort to players well past their prime.

and if benji doesn't want to stay with the players he has outside him now,then he might as well pack his bags now.

the eels better offer hindmarsh some good money next year or we will get him too.

we will now have a backline that forwards are going to want to play for.

Juniors
I am at work all day and don't have access to a computer...damn!

I will have to race home and hope to hear 'Jame Lyon signs with Wests Tigers'

Davester

Juniors
#4 said:
I am at work all day and don't have access to a computer...damn!

I will have to race home and hope to hear 'Jame Lyon signs with Wests Tigers'

I hope you come back to hear good news ;-) I hope when I return from today's hsc trial exam to hear good news hehe...

tigershaz

Juniors
innsaneink said:
Friggin Talkin Sport 1269 2SM about 5.30 this arvo graham Hughes said "and coming up after the news at 5.30 we have some news about WestsTigers and Jamie Lyon"......I listened till the show finished at 7.00pm...SFA!!! Nothing more. :(

Same bloody thing with channel 10 last night :shock:

Davester

Juniors
tigershaz said:
innsaneink said:
Friggin Talkin Sport 1269 2SM about 5.30 this arvo graham Hughes said "and coming up after the news at 5.30 we have some news about WestsTigers and Jamie Lyon"......I listened till the show finished at 7.00pm...SFA!!! Nothing more. :(

Maybe, just maybe they didn't want to let out information too early on the Lyon/ Tigers situation ;-)

well that's my guess... :?

magpiemax

Juniors
Davester said:
tigershaz said:
innsaneink said:

Maybe, just maybe they didn't want to let out information too early on the Lyon/ Tigers situation ;-)

well that's my guess... :?
Not signed yet Dave.

Mighty Tiger

Bench
The most important thing is to Keep thinking he hasn't signed yet and not jump the gun too early - he is keen thats for sure otherwise he wouldn't have spent a few hours with talking to us yesterday, however if the Dragons do step in he could still hold talks with them and he could very well change his mind!!!

All I would be doing is sending as many bribes as you can to Pat Richards place in order to try and make Lyon become a Tiger ;-)

Davester

Juniors
Tiger Barn said:
I have heard he will be playing with St Helens next year.

We hear a lot of things but that one sounds far-fetched. St. Helens?doesn't he prefer the country life? that's the opposite I think...

magpiemax

Juniors
Famous1 said:
It's actually a 2 season contract I believe,that's what I heard he has been offered.