What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Your best 17 halfway point.

coolumsharkie

Referee
Even with Talakai in the centers, he got burnt a bit in D on the weekend. Tracey is a great defender. Talakai has more to offer in attack but he still plays like an extra edge forward so why not have both? That solves the Trindall problem as well.
We may never get a full side consistently and thats how the game is evolving, so be it but it's up to the coach to bring the best squad out and having Trindall play in the last quarter to tackle irks me. Why is it so?

Craigshark

First Grade
Even with Talakai in the centers, he got burnt a bit in D on the weekend. Tracey is a great defender. Talakai has more to offer in attack but he still plays like an extra edge forward so why not have both? That solves the Trindall problem as well.
We may never get a full side consistently and thats how the game is evolving, so be it but it's up to the coach to bring the best squad out and having Trindall play in the last quarter to tackle irks me. Why is it so?

yeah mate, really don’t understand it either. Tracey could probably do the same and provide more with his energetic thousand mile an hour hit ups and quick play the balls with 15 mins to go.

chewsta

First Grade
Feel for Connor, the poor bastard! He is every bit an NRL player. Every position he looks primed for he misses a game and loses his spot to someone else who has a blinder, Worst luck ever.

Inferno

Coach

I agree but I found it pretty telling that CT couldn't make the top 17 last week.

I'd have thought with the middles we have out it would be a great opportunity to bring Sifa back into the pigs but clearly Fitz has a different view

DJDL

Bench
Alright I'll have a go:

1. Kennedy
2. Katoa
3. Ikuvalu (WTF has happened to him?)
4. Ramien
5. Ronaldo (though I might switch him and Ikuvalu)
6. MM
7.Nicho

8. Finucane
9. BB
10. Uele
11. Nikora
12. Wilton
13. Talakai

14 Toby
15 Tolman
16 Graham
17 MehCinnes

coolumsharkie

Referee
1.Kennedy
2.Katoa
3.Ramien
4.Talakai
5.Mulitalo
6.Moylan
7.Hynes
8.Rudolph
9.Brailey
10.Uele
11.Wilton
12.Nikora
13.Finucane

14.McInnes
15.Williams
16.Hunt
17.Tolman
Williams can sit out for Graham, the Captain will show his worth in the big games. Wilton can start next year. Just my Op.

Chimp

Bench
Williams can sit out for Graham, the Captain will show his worth in the big games. Wilton can start next year. Just my Op.
Can understand that view, but I’m over Wade. I really hope he does come good, but I just don’t see what he’s bringing to the team? Long gone are the fast hard hit ups, the big hits in defence, the silky skills creating space for others - he’s a plodder nowadays.

Kennedy
Katoa
Tracey
Ramien
Mulitalo
Hynes
Trindall
Uele
Brailey
Finucane
Wilton
Nikora
Graham

McInnes
Williams
Hunt
Talakai

Griffoshark66

First Grade
Can understand that view, but I’m over Wade. I really hope he does come good, but I just don’t see what he’s bringing to the team? Long gone are the fast hard hit ups, the big hits in defence, the silky skills creating space for others - he’s a plodder nowadays.
Brings nothing.

myrrh ken

First Grade
Geez, last nights game offers food for thought. I know it was only one game but...

Moyza is now our most important half I reckon. Tricky complements him well with his organisation.

Feefs looks like he's finally fit and injury free. He will demand selection in the 17 if he plays like last night. size, speed, quick PTB and x factor

Tracey is a smart footballer. adds a different element to the normal bash and barge.

Frenzy.

Immortal
The main thing being with people coming back, coming back to higher fitness levels, coming up to speed, gaining stamina etc the side and Fitz are coming into an embarrassment of riches cycle.

Just gotta keep them all healthy, happy and improving now for a run at the prize.

Next man up aspect of culture is emerging and showing results.

The main thing being with people coming back, coming back to higher fitness levels, coming up to speed, gaining stamina etc the side and Fitz are coming into an embarrassment of riches cycle.

Just gotta keep them all healthy, happy and improving now for a run at the prize.

Next man up aspect of culture is emerging and showing results.

Fitzy must be really happy with the teams depth as we make a run for a top 4 spot and dare I dream a crack at the ultimate prize.

In 2016 we had more star power in the 17 than this team in my opinion but in 2016 we definitely didn't have the quality in depth we have in 2022.

Really excited to see how far this team can go this year.

1. Kennedy
2. Katoa
3. Talakai
4. Ramien
5. Mulitalo
6. Moylan
7. Hynes
8. Uele
9. Brailey
10. Rudolf
11. Graham
12. Nikora
13. Finnucane

14. McInnes
15. Hunt
16. Wilton
17. Fifita

18. Tolman
19. Trindall
20. Tracey
21. Ikuvalu
22. Miller

Love the experience and power we have in our pack this season.

Frenzy.

Immortal
If the side maintains form and players stay healthy the back end may not come down to best 17 but to best 17 week to week depending on the opp.

I don't think they can tie in a best 17 when there are 20+ that can perform a role.

Eion

First Grade
We do have depth, but 2016 we did t have many injuries and we’re a little way off a serious tilt at the title with our best 17 imo.

Key positions coming into big games vs 2016:
Kennedy < barba
Bb < ennis
Current halves < jimmy

Maybe Dale = gal.
Wingers and centres a wipe.

Chuck in 2016 Fifita and Lewis and wadeo as better than 2022 options it’s a better squad overall.

Good news is our current blokes are mostly young, but a year or 2 off still.

coolumsharkie

Referee
Top 4 until the Panthers game at least. 8 day turn around till Townsville. Team has been building to peak at the right time.

Im all in with pocket 🤴z, what could go wrong?

Frenzy.

Immortal
We do have depth, but 2016 we did t have many injuries and we’re a little way off a serious tilt at the title with our best 17 imo.

Key positions coming into big games vs 2016:
Kennedy < barba
Bb < ennis
Current halves < jimmy

Maybe Dale = gal.
Wingers and centres a wipe.

Chuck in 2016 Fifita and Lewis and wadeo as better than 2022 options it’s a better squad overall.

Good news is our current blokes are mostly young, but a year or 2 off still.

I don't think we win it. I just think they go a fair way into the short comp in September.

Next game provides a new barometer reading on progress though I guess. Cows are a way better team than the Storms at the moment. They also have Chad ;)