What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Your Favourite player 2019

Crush

Coach
I’m never all that keen on exposing juniors to first grade too early (can be disastrous for confidence & development if they struggle) but could be worth seeing what a centre pairing of Lomax & Silverman can achieve..

Maybe 2nd half of Charity Shield could be a time to try it?
I agree that we can't rush these guys in but every so often there is a player that is that good he is ready at 18. Fitler, Ponga are a couple that spring to mind.
From what I am hearing about Silverman he just may be one of these kids that is made for the big stage.

Saint_JimmyG

First Grade
Widdop first, daylight second.

We saw just how important he is to Saints following his absence against Souths last year, which killed off the Dragons’ season.

His departure next year will be profoundly felt.

In my opinion, his replacement (Norman) is inadequate and a dangerously retrograde step backwards.

mickeylane

Bench
My favourite player is still Ben Hunt but I believe the players in this order below will have most influence of our fortunes.
Hunt
Widdop
Norman
Dufty

ALSGI

Bench
Here in lies the big issue we face for 2019.
If:......
Dufty plays f/b then Norman will have to come from the bench. That excludes players such as Robson, Field or even Host from the 17.
Widdop plays f/b and Dufty is used as an X factor from the bench. Again, that excludes the players mentioned above.
Its a real issue we face and someone (or 2) will miss out.
Yep.
Geez it’s been a while since the Dragons have had an embarassment of riches.
Are we in such a position?
Can we leave Dufty out?
I’n not convinced Norman is worth moving Widdop, Hunt, McInnes and Dufty around.
Imo Norman can start of the bench and earn a prized spine position.

Como Connection

First Grade
Yep.
Geez it’s been a while since the Dragons have had an embarassment of riches.
Are we in such a position?
Can we leave Dufty out?
I’n not convinced Norman is worth moving Widdop, Hunt, McInnes and Dufty around.
Imo Norman can start of the bench and earn a prized spine position.
Norman compared to Dufty for a start in the 13 is a non contest.
Far far superior is Norman.
CC

dragon thomo

Juniors
Agree Coffs rotation of the bench is important. I do not agree with other comments that Widdop is better than Norman. We lose a bit with goal kicking but Lomax showed that he can handle that job.

Old Timer

Coach
Here in lies the big issue we face for 2019.
If:......
Dufty plays f/b then Norman will have to come from the bench. That excludes players such as Robson, Field or even Host from the 17.
Widdop plays f/b and Dufty is used as an X factor from the bench. Again, that excludes the players mentioned above.
Its a real issue we face and someone (or 2) will miss out.
Excellent post and not easily comprehend by the "any signing is good for us" brigade.
As was the case with Mann being on the bench we now have an unbalanced squad and will either have a big name on the bench or a big name playing out of position to accommodate having 3 halves and that will cause a lot of disruption IMO.

Bench
It is often said that a club needs to have at least one junior player coming into first grade each year.
We have Lomax, who should be a permanent center in 2019.
Lawrie is the player who I see as having a great year in 2019 and should be in the top 17.

possm

Coach
It is often said that a club needs to have at least one junior player coming into first grade each year.
We have Lomax, who should be a permanent center in 2019.
Lawrie is the player who I see as having a great year in 2019 and should be in the top 17.

Funny how both of these players + Robson are not locked in long term and yet a couple of poor performing centres were locked in and now eating up our cap space.

Drag Queen

Bench
Widdop first, daylight second.

We saw just how important he is to Saints following his absence against Souths last year, which killed off the Dragons’ season.

His departure next year will be profoundly felt.

In my opinion, his replacement (Norman) is inadequate and a dangerously retrograde step backwards.
Agree re: Widdop but Norman, in a less toxic environment, may indeed prove to be an astute buy. Time will tell Jimmy Xx

Saint_JimmyG

First Grade
Agree re: Widdop but Norman, in a less toxic environment, may indeed prove to be an astute buy. Time will tell Jimmy Xx

We said the same thing about Dugan. While the number of indiscretions diminished, he still made a number of churlish misdemeanours. A leopard doesn’t always change its spots.

nontime111

Juniors
Robson, Lomax, Luch and Stormin Schemin Add libbin Norman

with MARY at number one!

hell finally watch some Hary Bath and David Waite coached teams on old VCR and get a clue about how to get Saints FIRING in attack and good use of the bench and giving kids in form a crack

Drag Queen

Bench
We said the same thing about Dugan. While the number of indiscretions diminished, he still made a number of churlish misdemeanours. A leopard doesn’t always change its spots.
For the most part Dugan was fairly well disciplined when he came to us. It was his last season when things went pear-shaped. Anyways...

Saint_JimmyG

First Grade
For the most part Dugan was fairly well disciplined when he came to us. It was his last season when things went pear-shaped. Anyways...

Apparently, there were a few minor-ish things that largely escaped media attention towards the end of Dugan’s tenure. The frequency of these issues were starting to escalate. Unfortunately, a leopard can’t always change its spots.