What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Your HSC Marks

sunny

I got a UAI of 84.85 when I did the HSC back in 2003, so good on yas if ya can beat that. I think my highest mark was 80-something in legal studies.

Big_Bad_Shark_Fan

First Grade
sunny said:
I got a UAI of 84.85 when I did the HSC back in 2003, so good on yas if ya can beat that. I think my highest mark was 80-something in legal studies.

cheers mate im not expecting to get that high but yeah well done on those marks

I got a sh*thouse UAI when i did the HSC last year, so i went to TAFE this year, did an advanced diploma, and got straight into Uni for next year - easy. :)

choc_soldier

Coach
My year (97) was the last year of the TER, and I got 41, which would have roughly equated to around 60-ish in the UAI.

Still got into uni though - through a bridging course.

Razor

Coach
NPK said:
How do you compare HSC marks to OPs?

You can't. QLD has the most grossly unfair school marks ever seen. Absolutly disgusting that you can get 100% for every single test you do and not get an OP1. And that's possible and has happened. The reason is because in QLD they do school-based testing.

They do the CST, which is state-wide. That is used to rank the schools, not used for your own grades. If everyone else except you at your schoool does sh*t on the CST, then the school will be lowly ranked. They don't use your individual grades for an OP, they just rank your place at the school. So no matter if you got 100% for everything or 60% for everything(as long as you were still top of your school) you'll end up with the same OP.

The grades on the Senior Certificate are the closest thing, but again that is based on the schools individual tests. And each school has different tests. Some schools have easy tests, some have hard tests. In fact when I did Grade 12, for Maths C the 2 different classes had different tests because each teacher wrote the test solely for their own class.

My grades

Maths B - HA
Maths C- VHA
Phsyics - VHA
Information, Processing & Technology - VHA
English - HA
Modern History - SA

And my OP was 14, yet someone I know who went to another school got these marks (the same year)

Maths A - SA
English - SA
German - HA
Ancient History - SA
Modern History - SA
Legal Studies - SA

And they got an OP 9.

NC

Juniors
All my marks sucked bad. Got between 50 - 70 for everything. I won't be making it into Uni...

Azkatro

First Grade
Razor - that's crazy.. I did the same subjects as you across the board, except replacing Modern History with Film & TV. My marks were the same except swap the VHA's in Maths C & Physics with HA's and the SA in History to a VHA for my Film & TV. I got an OP of 5. Mind you my FP's (between 1-10) were very high for each subject and that also counts towards it. Plus I got an A on the QCS.

sunny

you didn't go to mt druitt high that year by any chance did ya parrapanther? :lol:

Stevo_G

Juniors
Razor said:
My grades

Maths B - HA
Maths C- VHA
Phsyics - VHA
Information, Processing & Technology - VHA
English - HA
Modern History - SA

And my OP was 14, yet someone I know who went to another school got these marks (the same year)

mate no wonder why ur pissed at the qld system, your school must of performed quite sh*t house

strewth_mate

Bench
For anyone who wanted some perspective on what their UAI might be (cos examples can sometimes help), I got

2 Chemistry - 77/100
2 English (Advanced) - 78/100
2 Maths - 88/100
1 Maths Ext.- 40/50
2 Music 1 - 87/100
2 Physics - 76/100
2 German Continuers - 83/100

Final UAI was 88.70 plus the 4 bonus points for going to local uni at Newcastle. I suppose also I could have claimed I was depressed, bipolar, that I moved house 4 times, my parents split up then both died and that I broke all my bones, was in a coma for 9 months and had brain cancer for the other 3 (although none of those happened), that way I could have got 50 bonus points and ruled the world. Alas, no.

Best of luck to everyone.

raider_ktj

Juniors
I like the way you get all your HSC marks back. I got my AST marks on wednesday and overall got a UAI of 67.90. But I dont know what score I got for my subjects, just the grades.
My top mark was Psychology (one A, 3 B's) then English (2 B's, 2 C's).
I was estimated at getting a UAI of 75-80, but then last semester of year 12 kicked in, which meant parties every weekend and a total of 6 D's for major assignments :(

axie

Juniors
How do you compare HSC marks to OPs?

1 = 99
2 = 98
3 = 96
4 = 94
5 = 92
6 = 89
7 = 87
8 = 84
9 = 81
10 = 80
11 = 75
12 = 70
and so on ...
19 = 50
20 = 45

Congrats to everyone who did the HSC. Don't be disheartened if you didn't get the results you wanted, there's several other ways to get into uni or be successful in life.

Mal Meninga

Bench
i got
business - 75
english adv - 76
ipt - 81
sdd - 76
maths - 64

the uai predictor reckons 65 but i dont have any feelings either way about it

julian87

Juniors
i got

ancient - 79
advanced eng - 80
extension one eng - 88
extension two eng - 75
business - 76
pdhpe - 85
sor one - 80

An41

Juniors
no.5_luke covell said:
i think i'd come close.

2 Business Studies - 62
2 English (Standard) - 58
2 Industrial Technology - 60
2 General Mathematics - 64
2 Studies of Religion II - 62
2 Dance - 77

i spoke to my uncle who is a teacher and he said UAI of 80 + cause all my subjects scale well.

you know how much you will get for this? 33.9.
Last year I got a sh*t score <40
and I got all 60's and a 70 with similar level scaling and some harder subjects.
Tell your uncle to stop teaching he is only making society more stupid.

An41

Juniors
Life sorta sucks after High school study study study, a nice dinner and drinks here and there with friends then study study study. Enjoy the rest of the remaining holidays kids, cause you wont enjoy going back to education. Drink more fail more.....then drop out

axie

Juniors
Originally Posted by no.5_luke covell
i think i'd come close.

2 Business Studies - 62
2 English (Standard) - 58
2 Industrial Technology - 60
2 General Mathematics - 64
2 Studies of Religion II - 62
2 Dance - 77

i spoke to my uncle who is a teacher and he said UAI of 80 + cause all my subjects scale well.

Yup, sorry to say mate, but judging on last years UAI scaling you will get around 38.25 for your UAI.

Latest posts