What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Your Knights Matchday " Experience "

Adsy

Juniors
All this talk reminds me of that Southpark episode about AIDS. Got to wait 20 years before u can make a joke about it but once that time rolls around the piss is free to be taken.

league_guru

Juniors
The food prices are just ridiculous however, I wonder how long it will be before they stop people bringing food into the ground. My understanding is that some other grounds will not allow commerical foods, such as KFC and Maccas into their grounds. People can bring sandwiches etc but not other stuff.

If I was to buy food, drinks etc for my family at the ground I would be adding on around $50 to my game day experience....I am not prepared to pay that.

Living in Qld I can say that if you go to Suncorp they search bags for food and anything found has to be tipped into the big bins out the front. Nothing can come in. Prices are very similar to what was being quoted in the thread. Puzzles me why they don't drop prices 25%, they would find they probably sell 30% more.

Knightmare

Coach
I don't know why there are only two ticket windows at the northern end of the stadium? Took me 20 minutes to get in, missed the first 12 odd minutes of the match! There were quite a few people queued behind me too.

As for food, I don't know why people complain? There is a Macca's walking distance from the ground. I went there after the game.

mozza91

Coach
Good seats,good weather, good pre match entertainment and the most important good team performance

Stranger

Coach
I am still 'LOLing' at a bloke who claims he eats at the ground some the money can contribute to the club... but complains about a $2 rise for parking... which goes to the club?

Serc

First Grade
Living in Qld I can say that if you go to Suncorp they search bags for food and anything found has to be tipped into the big bins out the front. Nothing can come in. Prices are very similar to what was being quoted in the thread.

They were only interested in 'bought' food like maccas, subway etc at the Broncos vs Saints game last week mate...though I know even between staff members they can differ in what they look for.

Puzzles me why they don't drop prices 25%, they would find they probably sell 30% more.

Pretty spot on, but I don't think they'd be smart enough to do that ;-)

I am still 'LOLing' at a bloke who claims he eats at the ground some the money can contribute to the club... but complains about a $2 rise for parking... which goes to the club?

You aren't around here very much any more Benny so I'll catch you up. The food, the parking, the prices, the entertainment, the sound system etc all make Karma very very happy because they give him something to whinge like a little girl who lost her dolly about. Even better if when our up and coming halfback has a less than perfect game... that's just heaven for him.

The bottom line is, if the Knights were as rich as Real Madrid, as successful as Manchester United, played at a stadium like the Maracana, had valet parking and gave away free T-bone steaks... Karma would have to find another club to 'support'... and yes, I use that term bloody loosely.

Hope that helps you understand The World According To Karma.

I went cause I got a FREE ticket, otherwise I would not have.
I didn't pay to park cause I got dropped off.
I didn't buy food there cause I had a feed before I went.
I didn't buy that beer there (would rather drink petrol) cause I had a few schooners before i went.

I enjoyed the game, and didn't have to contribute one cent, and I won't contribute any more until I find out where all the money I contributed last year went to instead of paying the rent.

Got picked up after game.

All in all, good day out!

Alex28

Coach
Yawn DSJ....it will go towards the rent on the stadium...eventually...once HV and the Knights agree on a reasonable compensation amount. Anything to have a dig at the Knights...

macavity

Referee
The bottom line is, if the Knights were as rich as Real Madrid, as successful as Manchester United, played at a stadium like the Maracana, had valet parking and gave away free T-bone steaks... Karma would have to find another club to 'support'... and yes, I use that term bloody loosely.

if we were dirty scummers like ManU, I would stop supporting them too....

(I would still come for the free T-bones)

Karmawave

Bench

The food prices didn't increase 40% did they?

It isn't hard to figure out man.

Food prices itself vary from year to year. Fair enough.

The only reason the Knights put the carpark prices up 40% for the fans prepared to go and support them in tough financial times, is because they are pr*cks. :lol:

No one can justify a 40% increase in anything from one year to the next. I don't think you get the point. Its irrelevant if it's ' only ' $2. It was 40%.

It doesn't even worry me as far as the cost goes, but like Pika said, I'm a big picture kinda guy and you don't think things like that p*ss off average Joe Public who are already fork out money on going to the games?

The outcry when milk goes up 10%... from $2 to $2.20...

Don't have to drink milk either do ya? ;-)

A 40% increase on something that didn't have to be increased for any other reason than greed, is a joke. You can mock it all you like.

macavity

Referee
maybe they put the prices up because there is less of it due to the construction.... ^..^

Karmawave

Bench
maybe they put the prices up because there is less of it due to the construction.... ^..^

Yeah I guess its all relative isn't it.

There was 25% less people than our CEO expects to attend each week too.

And I'll take the short odds that the loss of any car park spaces might have already been tacked on the Hunter Venues compensation claim ;-)

Last edited:

Billythekid

First Grade
Newcastle won AND it was against Manly need i say more:D

Yes perhaps there was a few minor issues but i had a great day.

B-dos

Referee
all good points by Karma and points which clearly contribute to the fans discontent.

what on earth is it with 'only idiots buy food' and 'only idiots park near the stadium' ?? seeems like a fairly basic requirement of a good day out to me.

if the club wants to offer a great day out where people can turn up and watch a game of footy with a meat pie then these things need to be considered and affordable.

to excuse the knights time and time again for a frightfully poor standard of quality does nothing. to accept such terrible quality when paying top dollar is poor form. if the knights want ot attract a good crowd every weeek, and want this crowd to go away feeling happy then all the issues Karma raised mmust be addressed.

until then we can sit by and watch the crowd numbers that we rely on as the clubs lifeblood further deteriorate, and call them all idiots for wanting a decent day at the footy.

I suggested this years back kids tickets should include a pie and a can of drink and be $10, sure you'll make probably $2-$3 per kid which isnt much but you'll probably get mum and dad comming paying full price and spending $20 on food and beveridge.

Give people an excuse to make footy a family day out.

Jobdog

Live Update Team
So Karma, you want to know about my matchday experience do you? Well, mine was absolutely great. Paid $16 for two hot dogs, two cans of pepsi and a carton of hot chips (fair size too actually), so I don't know what you're whinging about. The game was great, although the boys only still played for 60 minutes and most importantly, the cheerleaders were great.

However:
You cant hear much in the eastern grandstand anyway, not once was there a clear " Newcastle" chant, only a thousand little ones. I blame the acoustics(Not the Crusade at all)
Crowd was more than 15 K i feel.
Enough.
I beg to differ RE: the "Newcastle" chant. I'm not sure whether you sit up the top, or down the bottom, but there were several chants that could be heard as clear as day up the top. If you sat up the top, well, I can't explain that, cos I heard it :p

Karmawave

Bench
all good points by Karma and points which clearly contribute to the fans discontent.

what on earth is it with 'only idiots buy food' and 'only idiots park near the stadium' ?? seeems like a fairly basic requirement of a good day out to me.

if the club wants to offer a great day out where people can turn up and watch a game of footy with a meat pie then these things need to be considered and affordable.

to excuse the knights time and time again for a frightfully poor standard of quality does nothing. to accept such terrible quality when paying top dollar is poor form. if the knights want ot attract a good crowd every weeek, and want this crowd to go away feeling happy then all the issues Karma raised mmust be addressed.

until then we can sit by and watch the crowd numbers that we rely on as the clubs lifeblood further deteriorate, and call them all idiots for wanting a decent day at the footy.

For some people, its easier to make Karma out to be a ' whinger ' than actually confront basic match day problems.

In the end, the problems already mentioned is going to contribute to smaller crowd figures, less people buying food at the game, and deciding to park somewhere else etc...

In every situation, the end outcome = less $$$ for the Knights.

If its easier to call me a whinger, so be it.

The attitude of fans who say ' its OK by me and if you don't like it LUMP IT ' , is the exact reason why the Knights business is failing - badly.

I don't think people get it at all.

At the end of the day, it might seem like a WHINGE, but its with the good intentions of trying to improve what the Knights put out to fans so that people keep coming back.

If the Knights were perfect, and we were pulling 20,000 fans every week without fail, fair enough. But we aren't, and we need to ask why.

I'm certain there's quite a few reasons already mentioned in this thread as to why. So what's the point in simply ignoring it when in many situations it can be easily fixed?

Because of the ordinary 15,000 crowd on Sunday, the Knights need to average 22,500 people to the next 2 home games just so we are ON BUDGET for the year after our first 3 home games.

Anything less than that and we continue to fall behind the 8 ball. A couple more ordinary crowds like Sunday, and the average home crowd budget will slip so far behind it won't be able to be even caught up at all.

All the more reason why the Knights ought to be doing everything in their power to keep fans coming back.

Karmawave

Bench
So Karma, you want to know about my matchday experience do you? Well, mine was absolutely great. Paid $16 for two hot dogs, two cans of pepsi and a carton of hot chips (fair size too actually), so I don't know what you're whinging about.

The food issue is 1 issue out of how many mentioned in this thread, yet it's been the main focus for some ridiculous reason.

THE FOOD COST ISN'T EVEN THE MAIN ISSUE.

At least it didn't go up 40% in price like the car parking.

I'm unsure when you lined up to get your FOOD, but at the time ( around 1pm ) most people did, the lines were 20-30 deep, 2 cash registers working, the counters were hugely understaffed, there was no food ready to be served, and people were simply walking away.

My point is, by providing such a sh*thouse service to fans, the Knights are LOSING MONEY and POTENTIAL SALES.

Even if you p*ss off only 20% of customers, thats still 20% of lost business.

The p*ssed off fans will simply bring their lunch next time, and that might sound like a good idea for some people on here, but is that what the Knights really need right now?

Smaller crowds and smaller profits from the money spent at games?

Just manage the day better, that would be a good start.

It's not real difficult.

Last edited:

Jobdog

Live Update Team
The food issue is 1 issue out of how many mentioned in this thread, yet it's been the main focus for some ridiculous reason.

THE FOOD COST ISN'T EVEN THE MAIN ISSUE.

At least it didn't go up 40% in price like the car parking.

I'm unsure when you lined up to get your FOOD, but at the time ( around 1pm ) most people did, the lines were 30 deep, 2 cash registers working, the counters were hugely understaffed, there was no food ready to be served, and people were simply walking away.

My point is, by providing such a sh*thouse service to fans, the Knights are LOSING MONEY and POTENTIAL SALES.

Even if you p*ss off only 20% of customers, thats still 20% of lost business.

The p*ssed off fans will simply bring their lunch next time, and that might sound like a good idea for some people on here, but is that what the Knights really need right now?

Smaller crowds and smaller profits from the money spent at games?

Just manage the day better, that would be a good start.

It's not real difficult.
40% increase, or the $2 depending on which way you look at it. And besides, you asked for my experience. I told you. Not a problem at all as far as I was concerned. Good atmosphere up the top of the AJ Stand, good performance by the boys, Jessica Mauboy was good I thought (although I do agree that the sound system needs improving) and if the team keep winning, the crowds will steadily start to rise again.

Latest posts