What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Your NRL controversial take

Bukowski

Juniors
That's sounds like the take on wests tigers about 4 years ago, then they were able to sign Api korasau along with some other players, and are slowly building better every season... you're sounding very defeatist
Definitely a controversial take!!!

Colk

First Grade
That's sounds like the take on wests tigers about 4 years ago, then they were able to sign Api korasau along with some other players, and are slowly building better every season... you're sounding very defeatist

I’m a Raiders fan mate so I’m used to being defeatist. I just find it hard to see how they can sign anybody. The current system already disadvantages sides that are regional and don’t have access to TPA’s.

I can’t see how my side can ever win a competition let alone a team from another country that wouldn’t be particularly desirable to live.

MugaB

Coach
I’m a Raiders fan mate so I’m used to being defeatist. I just find it hard to see how they can sign anybody. The current system already disadvantages sides that are regional and don’t have access to TPA’s.

I can’t see how my side can ever win a competition let alone a team from another country that wouldn’t be particularly desirable to live.
You've won 3 already, and have made multiple GFs.
Teams find a way to recruit, and develop, why is Port moresby any different to any of the other expansion areas who have a tough time recruiting... again the NRL has never created all clubs equal, that's the beauty of it, and yeah it sux when you're losing, but I reckon a team like png will suprise us all.
Even if it doesn't it gives the other low level clubs a leg up, an extra 2 points, pass go

Colk

First Grade
Teams find a way to recruit, and develop, why is Port moresby any different to any of the other expansion areas who have a tough time recruiting... again the NRL has never created all clubs equal, that's the beauty of it, and yeah it sux when you're losing, but I reckon a team like png will suprise us all.
Even if it doesn't it gives the other low level clubs a leg up, an extra 2 points, pass go

At least I have been alive for them. I meant to say I can’t see my team winning another one and I am only in my thirties.

I hope that you’re right but I think the system is particularly problematic, particularly for trying to expand a competition.

Bukowski

Juniors
Can I officially give up if wests finish lower than them?

MugaB

Coach
Can I officially give up if wests finish lower than them?
Hahahahahaha, I did mention that on the ladder predictor a few months before the season started, that they cried that they couldn't get any lower in 2023,and the the only way is UP!,
That is until the dolphins get added to the comp and the unlucklest tiggers litterally landed from 16th to 17th
Might have to give up if png get higher than them in 2026/27

Last edited:

Rod

Bench
Not sure if this counts as controversial but I don't think we need so many games. With the speed of the game now, injuries, and ever increasing talk of player welfare my prediction is this will only become more of a discussion in coming years. Pretty soon players will be being 'load-managed' NBA style.

I'd be ok with a 20 game season. It gives every game just that little bit more importance as well.

King hit

Coach
Origin has reached its' peak in terms of exposure and public interest and is based on a version of the RL landscape that no longer exists - for a number of reasons. To ensure it survives and thrives into the future, the concept needs to expand.

Too long to go into more detail here, but I am going to open a thread on this topic when I have some spare time. Hopefully this week...
I roll my eyes when I hear pre game talk about aggression. We are going to see blood and thunder. Nicho Hynes brought up the cattledog (hopefully as a joke) before game 1 last year.

Settle down gentleman we all know that those days of the cattledog, Beetson V Cronin, Geyer 91 are well and truly history. Just give the hype a rest please.

If the Raiders relocate to southern Brisbane then they will become one of the glamour clubs.

yobbo84

Coach
Not sure if this counts as controversial but I don't think we need so many games. With the speed of the game now, injuries, and ever increasing talk of player welfare my prediction is this will only become more of a discussion in coming years. Pretty soon players will be being 'load-managed' NBA style.

I'd be ok with a 20 game season. It gives every game just that little bit more importance as well.
20 teams, 19 game regular season is my dream. Play everyone once. Home and away on a bi-annual basis. Play rep footy post-season, like in 2020.

Valheru

Coach
20 teams, 19 game regular season is my dream. Play everyone once. Home and away on a bi-annual basis. Play rep footy post-season, like in 2020.
Won't happen

That's 190 regular season games opposed to 204 currently. Also the broadcasters pay for 27 weeks of Friday night games, Saturday night games etc so this will result in less TV money and the NRL isn't going to accept that.

Latest posts