What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Your NSW Game 2 Lineups?

fourplay

Juniors
1. Hayne
2. B. Morris
3. J. Morris
4. Jennings/Lyon - Hard to split them.
5. Tahu
6. Soward
7. Carney
8. Weyman
9. Farah
10. Galloway
11. Watmough
12. Hindmarsh
13. Gallen

14. Douglas/Snowden
15. TLL
16. Lewis
17. Bird

Last edited:

Parraren

Bench
This has to be the blue print for game 2...

Hayne
B. Morris
Tahu / J. Morris
Lyon
Jennings / Idris

Barrett / Campese (genuine 5/8)
Kimmorley

Weyman
Ennis
Mason (yes he's earn't it and offers far more than Perry & White)

Hindmarsh
Watmough
Bird

Gidley / Lewis / Farah (bench utility)
TLL / Waterhouse (2nd row/front row)
Gallen (impact 2nd row/front row)
Snowden / Mannah / Douglas / Galloway (young in form prop)

STG-Dragon

Juniors
1. Hayne
2. Morris
3. Lyon
4. Morris
5. Tahu
6. Barrett
7. Kimmorely (c)
8. Perry
9. Ennis
10. Weyman
11. Hindmarsh
12. Creagh
13. Watmough

14. Lewis
15. Waterhouse
16. Mason
17. TLL

Cmon You Saints

Juniors
1. Dugan
2. Morris
3. Morris
4. Lyon
5. Hayne
6. Sutton/Campese
7. Pearce
8. Weyman
9. Farah/Ennis
10. Snowden
11. Watmough
12. Creagh
13. Lewis (c)

14. Waterhouse
15. Mason
16. Learoyd-Lahrs
17. Gidley

- Dugan and Hayne to swap throughout the game in attack, particularly in QLD's half

- Gidley only included because there is no chance of him being dropped altogether

- Can't decide between Sutton or Campese but they would be my first 2 choices.. would also be happier with Carney/Barrett/Soward rather than whoever the selectors end up playing there

- Perry, White, Idris gone never to return

leo9999

Juniors
1. Jarryd Hayne (Fullback or Dropped theres better Wingers)
2. B.Morris
3. Lyon
4. J.Morris
5. Tahu
6. Soward (Pearce could be 5/8 knowing the selectors)
7. Kimmorley
8. Perry
9. Ennis
10. Weyman
11. HINDMARSH (C) (He would be picked in queensland side all the time)
12. Watmough
13. Lewis

14. Campbell
15. TLL
16. Mason
17. Mannah

aqua_duck

Coach
13. Bird - More starch in defense and a little more creativity added.
Bird's defence is a myth of Tim Sheens proportions, the guy can put a hit on but his reads in defence can often leave alot to be desired (watch the broncos Vs titans game) and his lateral quickness ain't that great either. I'd rather have someone like Hindmarsh who might not belt blokes but his defence will never lead directly to an opposition try.

We definately need new halves, Lyon is not a 5/8th, and kimmorley tries hard but thats not enough at this level.

6.Carney
7.Pearce

Gidley needs to piss off to the bench, Hayne fullback, and some other new outside backs. If Gasnier plays before origin 2 I'd throw him back in and have Josh Morris somewhere there.

In the forwards I'd piss Perry off permanently, he's useless at this level like his team mate Brent Kite. Perry talked it up about how he was going to be some tough guy and all he did was get belted. Personally I'd start Luke Lewis at lock and Watmough in the 2nd row. Lewis is a creative outlet who's very mobile for a loose forward. On the bench I reckon NSW could do alot worse than someone like John Sutton. He might be erratic but he's also an X factor (and when I say X factor I don't mean a few gay shoulder charges and a few solid runs), he's the type of bloke who can come on, play a few different positions and can offload in traffic, can take the line on and genuinely ask questions of the defence.

A team capable of winning Game II:

1. Hayne
2. B.Morris
3. Lyon
4. Jennings
5. Lawrence
6. Barrett
7. Kimmorley
8. Weyman
9. Ennis
10. Mason
11. Watmough
12. Gallen
13. Lewis

14. Gidley (I'd have Campbell or Sutton here)
15. TLL
16. Snowden
17. Douglas

I think Lawrence is the best choice for the other wing spot. He is a great defender and has played there early in his first grade career. He and Jennings offer the speed and attacking spark we need. Drop useless forwards like Perry and White for young in-form props Snowden and Douglas. We need workers in the forwards and these guys average over 100 m and 20 tackles per game this season. Mason needs to be there to add further grunt but also experience. Gallen is a must to replace Creagh.

I'd actually have Campbell in there over Gidley but the selectors won't dump him all together. Preston has been in awesome touch lately and he would cause tiring QLD forwards all sorts of problems around the ruck. Unfortunately couldn't fit Sutton in, would love to see him in a Blue jersey creating opportunities for a speedy backline with his running game. He'd be a decent #6 although Barrett is safer option and proven at SOO level.

Last edited:

CC_Roosters

First Grade
Bloody disappointed with the blues this morning, but they must get the team spot on for the brisbane game and i think that must involve Soward; hes simply in too good a form to leave out plus kimmorley and lyon served up absolute rubbish. I suspect changes will be few as the selectors will not want it to look like there fault for the poor performance.

Hayne
Morris
Lyon
Jennings
Tahu

Soward
Kimmorley

Weyman
Ennis
Perry
Hindmarsh
Watmough
Lewis

Gidley
Creagh
Waterhouse
Gallen

Jason Maher

Immortal
1. Josh Dugan
2. Brett Morris
3. Josh Morris
4. Jamie Lyon
5. Jarryd Hayne
6. John Sutton
7. Brett Kimmorley (c)
13. Paul Gallen
12. Ben Creagh
11. Anthony Watmough
10. Michael Weyman
9. Michael Ennis
8. Josh Perry

14. Luke Lewis
15. Trent Waterhouse
16. Luke Douglas
17. Tom Learoyd-Lahrs

mxlegend99

Referee
We need players who can create opportunities in our spine. After a look at the try assists and taking into account club form and ability at Origin level, I think our strongest possible 1/6/7/9 would be:

1. Jarryd Hayne - 9 Try Assists (7th in NRL)
6. John Sutton - 12 Try Assists (2nd in NRL)
7. Mitchell Pearce - 7 Try Assists (11th in NRL)
9. Michael Ennis

That that spine in place, the rest of my team would be:

1. Jarryd Hayne He's our most dangerous back and is at his best at fullback. He's a terrible right winger and with B. Morris on the left wing it's best for the team to have him here.
2. Michael Jennings Should be more then capable of handling himself on the right wing. Despite copping sh*t for his defence, he has actually been very strong this season and I would rate him ahead of both Idris and Tahu in defence.
3. Jamie Lyon Has been the form right centre of the NRL. He should be allowed to play in his natural position and not somewhere that he said he was uncomfortable long before the team was picked.
4. Josh Morris I would have had Matt Cooper here until last night... even before injury he was shocking. Josh Morris has a great combination with his brother and was part of the Blues team that won Game 3 last year.
5. Brett Morris The backline player that NSW got right. Would go a lot better with his brother inside him IMO. They seem to fire each other up.
6. John Sutton Big, tough and actually plays 5/8 for his club. To top it off he is great at setting up tries and is in good form.
7. Mitchell Pearce I don't really rate any of the options that NSW have at halfback. But Pearce was in decent form before being injured and appears to have matured quiet a lot. He's a good organiser and is a decent defender aswell. Give him another shot at the #7.
8. Michael Weyman Was probably our best front rower last night. Although he was far from great. Is experienced and we should keep atleast one of last nights front rowers.
9. Michael Ennis He was solid last night. Would be much better if he had decent playmakers to work with.
10. Willie Mason Has been in great form for the Cowboys. Has plenty of experience and would be much tougher then nuffies like White and Perry.
11. Nathan Hindmarsh (c) Looking at all the players available for NSW, i think that Hindmarsh would make the best captain. He's one of the most reliable players in the NRL. If he was a QLDer he would be among the first picked.
12. Anthony Watmough Had a solid game last night. Seems to really fire up for Origin. I would have him focus on the right side and working with Lyon.
13. Luke Lewis He was wasted last night off the bench. Let him have the same role that he does at the Panthers. He's great at creating opportunities for them men outwide.

14. Paul Gallen I really don't like Paul Gallen. But he has an unbelievable work ethic and unlike Ben Creagh he actually would terrorise Darren Lockyer.
15. Keith Galloway A decent hard working front rower. Hopefully he's fit by Origin 2. Easily among the best that NSW have to pick from.
16. Luke Douglas You could really pick either Douglas or Snowden from the Sharks. I think both could make the step up to Origin football. They would also appreciate having a decent chance at winning a game.
17. Kurt Gidley I wouldn't actually have him in my team. But if Gidley doesn't make the starting side, he will be the first bench player picked. Personally I would have Todd Carney on the bench.

Gaba

First Grade
Pearce only looks dangerous against poor defensive teams, he has always been dominated by the better teams and out played by the half backs

Pearce cant attack he is only a kicker , kimmorely is more of a attacking halfback then pearce is.

Hayne will not be much , different at fullback then on the wing , he will be caught out of position and lazy in defense.

But in saying that tahu shouldnt be picked in centres , with no plans Bellamy as coach nsw got nothing to lose , so Hayne might as well go fullback the result not going to change for nsw

Last edited:

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
I would start by reselecting the selectors.

How much longer do we have to put up with these bozos picking players out of position.

Walt Flanigan

Referee
Joel Thompson is having a great year statistically. What is wrong with him, Raiders fans?

Nothing wrong with him at all.

Thompson and Dugan are both the sort of players who take it to another level for a big game.

Both very confident players and neither go into their shell if they make a mistake or if their team is losing.

They could both make the next step but I don't think Thompson will get a look-in from selectors. Dugan a slim chance.

Eion

First Grade
1. Hayne
2. Brett Morris
3. Jennings
4. Tahu
5. Monaghan
6. Bird
7. Pearce (c)
13. Paul Gallen
12. Lewis
11. Anthony Watmough
10. Michael Weyman
9. Michael Ennis
8. Snowden

14. Gidley
15. Waterhouse
16. Cross
17. Learoyd-Lahrs

I'm just interested to know why everyone has left Idris out? I mean he did absolutely nothing wrong last night! Blame the idiots inside him for him not being as destructive as usual, and the only reason that they scored trys down his side was because of Hayne getting caught out of position! He did nothing wrong!

Eion

First Grade
I'm just interested to know why everyone has left Idris out? I mean he did absolutely nothing wrong last night! Blame the idiots inside him for him not being as destructive as usual, and the only reason that they scored trys down his side was because of Hayne getting caught out of position! He did nothing wrong!
Thanks Gus.

Personally I think Lyon was the worst. He'd backpeddle, causing Idris and Hayne to come in. There's more complete centres going around imo and Idris will eventually play origin in the forwards.

aussies1st

Staff member
1. Jarryd Hayne
2. Brett Morris
3. Josh Morris
4. Jamie Lyon
5. Michael Jennings
6. Terry Campese
7. Brett Kimmorley
8. Kade Snowden
9. Michael Ennis
10. Michael Weyman
11. Trent Waterhouse
12. Anthony Watmough
13. Luke Lewis

14. Luke Douglas
15. Keith Galloway
16. TLL
17. Paul Gallen

Tempted to put Dugan in but Hayne sucked on the wing and he deserves first crack at the fullback jersey.

chrisD

Coach
Dugan over Hayne at FB is face palm worthy.

People letting personal off-field junk interfere with the reality on the field. Dugan has speed and some exceptional footwork as well as no obvious defects. Hayne has those qualities and offers so much more.

Monaghan at wing is an option, Tahu in the centers is not.

pirie

Juniors
1. Jarrod hayne
2. Brett Morris
3. Jamie Lyon
4. Matt Copper/ Micheal Jennings/ Chris Larence
5. Josh Morris
6. Terry Campese
7. Brett Kimmorley

Fowards whatever

Latest posts