What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Your NSW team for Game III?

Learoyd-Lahrs for Merrin

possibly another prop replacing a backrower

I don't think we can get away with only 2 props for Game 3, it'll be a different game imo

Spot On

Coach
You can't change a thing, although Gallen will be the focus for QLD in game 3. We really need a prop to help out there. It will be crucial. They can't let Gallen do what he did tonight again. Ricky will need a different offensive game plan you would think. Time for a frontrower to pull his finger out and start to blitz it.

Billythekid

First Grade
Just dump Merrin, he clearly isn't quite up to standard yet. The fact that he was benched for over 60 minutes says that the coach has no faith in him so he shouldn't be on the team.

1 Eyed TEZZA

Coach
Yeah id bring in Jennings for Hoppa, TLL for Creagh and im undecided on Dugan or Mini. Id go with Mini, but id still be confident in Dugan.

Chook Norris

First Grade
Gidley played well, much better than Ennis tonight anyway. Always seems to provide a lift for the Blues coming off the bench

yeah merrin for TLL
Maybe Creagh for ????
btw imo
hoppa >>>>>> jennings
minni >>>>>>> Dugan (Even though I thought i would never say this)

Hindyscrack

Bench
Probably Gidleys best game in origin, and thats showing what he hasn't done...

Not sure where he was during the Qld try, smart effort from Smith.

Ennis provides nothing apart from some solid defence.

Gids should be there. Oh and i think they really need to spread the ball to Uate more often, was it just me or did he actually look unstoppable

mozza91

Coach
Gidley was marking up on the other side of the ruck.
No he wasn't it was his fault they scored that try, it doesn't matter that he was a thousand times sharper then Ennis out of dummy half he is still by far the worst player to ever play Origin and it is single handedly his fault NSW didn't win by more.

natheel

Coach
TLL for merrin

Lewis in starting side for creagh and put creagh on the bench

Lewis is a proven soo player creagh is still up in the air IMO

I'd maybe even go close to saying put young Tariq sims on the bench for creagh in game 3. He would have a game breaking influence.

If not game 3 then next year definitely

Last edited:

Spanner in the works

First Grade
TLL for merrin

I'd maybe even go close to saying put young Tariq sims on the bench for creagh in game 3. He would have a game breaking influence.

It's too much of a risk debuting players in a decider IMO.

ellskimore

Juniors
TLL for merrin

Pffft your such a Creagh hater. They have to stick with this side. Its the decider, its not the time or situation to hand out debut jumpers.
Merrin is the only possible change. Miniciello surprised me, great effort and proved me wrong. The halves were both really impressive tonight and deserved the payoffs of their perseverance.
The backrowers. As a unit were fantastic. Too fast for QLD to ever recover.
Cant believe someone wanted Scott dropped.......
Gidley, I really liked how he played tonight. Thats the exact role he should play for this team. Ive been frustrated with him overplaying his role in past origins. Tonight he was great.
And as for Gallen.....well the guy is just outstanding. What a leader.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Can't really see a reason to change much apart from tonight's consensus on maybe Merrin, replace him with TLL, Snowden or even Tolman.