What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Your opinion on Raper?

What are your thoughts of Raper

• Great coach, done amazing things in such a short space of time

Votes: 21 22.6%
  • Okay coach, makes some errors like MOST coaches

Votes: 44 47.3%
  • Poor coach, but hes not the worst in the comp

Votes: 7 7.5%
  • Worst coach I have ever seen, shouldnt be coaching a 1st grade side let alone an U/6's

Votes: 21 22.6%

• Total voters

MightySharks

Bench
Captain Jack Sparrow said:
Sharks average crowd for 2005 is 17,002

Probably 10's of thousands of other interstate, or playing sport or infirm etc

But Spuddy_Sharks thinks 24 people voting on his poll here is a believable demographic.

Glad you fiqured it out.

Mr Sharkie

Juniors
Where's the option that says 1.5 seasons in the NRL First Grade is too early to judge a coach's ability?

If you'd measured Michael Hagan's ability after just 1.5 seasons you would have expected the man to have reached God status.

Where are Newcastle coming again?
How many games have they won?
What is the one team they beat coming?
How did they go against Souths (with Joey)?

Sutho_Sharks

Juniors
Sharks average crowd for 2005 is 17,002

Probably 10's of thousands of other interstate, or playing sport or infirm etc

But Spuddy_Sharks thinks 24 people voting on his poll here is a believable demographic.

You need some help with reality Spuddy

Ok Einstein, are we familiar with whats called a SAMPLE. Most statistics are derived from this not from the entire population, and this poll could be classed as a sample of the sharkies supporters opinions!

:thumb

Sutho_Sharks

Juniors
Where's the option that says 1.5 seasons in the NRL First Grade is too early to judge a coach's ability?

If you'd measured Michael Hagan's ability after just 1.5 seasons you would have expected the man to have reached God status.

Where are Newcastle coming again?
How many games have they won?
What is the one team they beat coming?
How did they go against Souths (with Joey)?

This poll is about your current perception! So from what you have stated, you either did not vote or think people who voted him as being crap are wrong? How could they possibly denounce his abilitiy as its to 'early'. You can however make positive observations off his current form!!

Frenzy.

Post Whore
Sutho_Sharks said:
Ok Einstein, are we familiar with whats called a SAMPLE. Most statistics are derived from this not from the entire population, and this poll could be classed as a sample of the sharkies supporters opinions!

:thumb

BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

A SAMPLE isn't 24 people either. A SAMPLE is a percentage of the target group. 24 people as a percentage of the crowd average (because that is fixed for today) is a grand total of 0.14% of your target.

Your SAMPLE is a joke

You are the punchline!

Mr Sharkie

Juniors
Sutho_Sharks said:
This poll is about your current perception! So from what you have stated, you either did not vote or think people who voted him as being crap are wrong? How could they possibly denounce his abilitiy as its to 'early'. You can however make positive observations off his current form!!

Actually I did vote. I voted for the highest option. I think walking into a club that was in the middle of backpage scandal over the sacking of it's last coach & had considerable disharmony (reportedly) between Ope's faves & anyone who wasn't BK or Jared Anderson was a situation where even seasoned coaches would have sturggled.

Then to take one of the most ill-disciplined poor defensive sides to competition front runners in those catergories (before the three week fall) is an even more impressive stat.

However my point is that you cannot judge how good a coach he will be so early in his career. I voted on current form, and on current form I am pretty happy, not ecstatic but pretty happy (def. doing a better job than I could). But at the same time I am not ready to cannonise the bloke yet.

Craigshark

First Grade
If i voted i would vote for -
Okay coach, makes some errors like MOST coaches
This is a good way to describe Raper.. Yes he has made some mistakes and will continue to, some mistakes with the rotation of the bench and player selections and others aswell..
In my opinion though, he has done plenty more good things that out-weigh his bad things.. He will only get better..

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
The is much scope for improvement.
Has does some good things.
Gallen to lock - it's been a winner.
Lomu - ggoorrnn - it was needed.
Has done some bad things
Bird @ 6
Bailey to centre.

Nodody is perfect.
Has a favourites issue IMO.

Tamazoid said:
Can't use the bench and doesn't develop players properly. At least Anderson could attract decent signings, but Raper has done some good things so far.

Yeah Anderson, pure bloody genius. Tweddlle, Wessel, Emelio, Milford, Anderson.
Turned a top 4 side into also rans.

Mr Sharkie

Juniors
Sheros los Deros said:
Yeah Anderson, pure bloody genius. Tweddlle, Wessel, Emelio, Milford, Anderson.
Turned a top 4 side into also rans.

If it was any other team I'd be LMAO!:(

mr_sharks

Juniors
WTF how can anyone say Raper is a terrible coach. He has done great things in the two years he's been here...cleaned out a lot of poor players, and recruited some good ones too...Hutch, Dykes and Mellor, maybe Leuleai as well??
Raper has done an excellent job...I don't think any Sharks supporter would've been unhappy with equal 2nd halfway through the season at the start of the year

carcharias

Immortal
mr_sharks said:
What do u mean by that?

he's all business at the front and party at the back.
raper_396x267.jpg

Sutho_Sharks

Juniors
A SAMPLE isn't 24 people either. A SAMPLE is a percentage of the target group. 24 people as a percentage of the crowd average (because that is fixed for today) is a grand total of 0.14% of your target.

Your SAMPLE is a joke

You are the punchline!

A sample can be as big or as small as you want it imbocile, it justs means it MAY not reflect the true opinions or whateva of the population. On the other hand, it MAY, to determine this there are numerous tests with numerous confidence levels.

Either way, and despite these damning facts, the opinions of people on this forum would be more valued then your avg supporter because they know alot more about the club etc. So, the fact that currently 62% of people think hes done an okay job or better tells me that he must have done somethin okay. This is also keeping in mind that surely a percentage of those 24 people who voted hiim as bad might be from other forumers and just mucking around!!

Conclusion......

Your a DEAD SET GOOSE if you chose anything worse that 'Poor coach', how could you say that off current form where we are 2nd in the comp. Go up to anyone anywhere, "If your team is 2nd in the comp, would you drop that coach and say hes a disgrace?", and well, you'd get laughed at. Even more so if you were to provide that person with the details of Rapers struggle early on at this club to regain 'order'. You cannot judge Raper off a few mistakes, every coach makes them and considering his NRL coaching careers is only new problems like his use of interchange will mend in time.

mr_sharks

Juniors
i've had a few dealings with him and he seems pretty genuine...and serious too.
On the other hand, I think someone like Ando, dread the word, was too serious and this resulted in absolutely nothing!

coolumsharkie

Referee
:lol:

Carch...stop it ya killing me!

I voted option 2 and he has won a few comps in his short career,being realistic I think he makes some unpopular decisions to which some have brought fruit.Good leaders have that quality.

Anyone who voted worse coach, I wonder if you'll put your hand up if we actually win the bloody thing!!

carcharias

Immortal
mr_sharks said:
i've had a few dealings with him and he seems pretty genuine...and serious too.
On the other hand, I think someone like Ando, dread the word, was too serious and this resulted in absolutely nothing!

Are we talking about the same thing?

I'm talking about his hair style.

short at the front, long at the back...AKA "The Mullet"

Ando sported the "tight gentlemans perm" hideous creation, far too serious for the sporting arena.

I think he's done OK. Persevering with Bird at 6 went on for far too long but I'm happy with where we are at this point of the season. I'd like to see us bring up players from PL and play them in position when we have injuries, instead of playing people out of position. It gives the young guys a taste of first grade and helps them develop as well as incentive to continue performing.

mr_sharks

Juniors
carcharias said:
Are we talking about the same thing?

I'm talking about his hair style.

short at the front, long at the back...AKA "The Mullet"

Ando sported the "tight gentlemans perm" hideous creation, far too serious for the sporting arena.

Oh I get you know....I really couldn't see Raper partying it up in the centre of some smoky, drug infested nightclub!

Latest posts