What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Your opinion on Raper?

What are your thoughts of Raper

• Great coach, done amazing things in such a short space of time

Votes: 21 22.6%
  • Okay coach, makes some errors like MOST coaches

Votes: 44 47.3%
  • Poor coach, but hes not the worst in the comp

Votes: 7 7.5%
  • Worst coach I have ever seen, shouldnt be coaching a 1st grade side let alone an U/6's

Votes: 21 22.6%

• Total voters

Macca

Coach
I think it is more interesting to highlight the 20 imbeciles who rate Raper as the worst coach they have ever seen.

It's a ridiculous option yet it has 20 votes.

Sutho_Sharks said:
The only degree youve got Reefy would be the one off the back off a cornflakes box :lol:

Uhuh, and I guess you oh noble one are correct in everything? Tell me, have you dont stats at uni? Either way, that last post is a crock of shyte, my previous reference to stats wasnt really about stats anyway, stating that a players avg's 10 hit ups a match isnt really statistics or at least uni level stats, thats yr 7 maths, maybe it was difficult for you though but I dont know how I was wrong in saying for eg that a player makes x amount of hit ups a game. On the other hand, this thread where we mentioned samples etc does relate to statistics, albeit basic statistics. And I would really love to know why I was wrong in saying that the poll was a sample, please tell me genius? You talk so much crap and because you sound convincing people believe you, reminds me of someone.....Hitler. Your problem along with Cpt 'Insert Name here' is that you think your intellectually superior to everyone, therefore everyone else is wrong and your right on EVERY occasion eg Simmons. The funny thing is, on most occasions you dunces are wrong.

Well I guess it is patently obvious that you are not studying for a degree in either Arts (English), Communications (Journalism) or Public Relations. You can probably throw History in there too to bring in a reference to Hitler.

Frenzy.

Immortal
McSharkie said:
I think it is more interesting to highlight the 20 imbeciles who rate Raper as the worst coach they have ever seen.

It's a ridiculous poll. FULL STOP.

Just look at the stupid options.

Great (18)
OK (36)
Poor (6)
Worst (20)

Nothing in between great and OK - how can that be? He hasn't won any comps. He's no Wok or Gibson. How can he possibly be great?

There are also too many options as you can group them any way you want.

e.g. 62 respondents think Raper is only OK or worse.

Then there's 18 fluffies ejaculating early as usual and putting him in as "great".

Poorly thought out, meaningless poll that probably only proves we have more lurkers, trolls and sundry visitors than actual consistent posters.

Sutho_Sharks

Juniors
No, the poll proves your an idiot. Im guessing you would have chosen, hyothetically of course, the last option or at the very least the 2nd last option. This speaks for itself. As for not being great etc, yes he could very well be great, off current form! In saying this though, I voted #2

blacktip-reefy

Immortal
Sutho Spud.
What was your hypothesis for this study?
Simple question, with a simple answer. would have been the first question on your exam for stats 101.

Surely

Post Whore
McSharkie said:

It's a fair bet there would be the odd dragons supporter in there, hang they're all odd.

This poll was always going to produce a slanging match .. same as most topics in this forum actually.

Sutho_Sharks

Juniors
Sutho Spud.
Simple question, with a simple answer. would have been the first question on your exam for stats 101.

I dont quite catch on, there isnt such a thing as a 'hypothesis' in statistics as such oh intellectually superior one #-o, maybe if it was science there would be one......
There is however something called a hypothesis test which is used to describe a single population. I would describe this but from your above post its quite evident that you have no real idea about statistics apart from being able to find them on the internet or wherever possible and regurgitate others findings.
Not that this matters, the poll is quite conclusive, Raper has done well at the sharks, there is no need for an analysis of this as its quite clear cut

Sutho_Sharks

Juniors
Elaborate?

And dont say you meant 'hypothesis testing' because this involves testing two hypothesis, a null and an alternate, which you obviously didnt have in mind because you said 'was' and 'hypothesis', singular!

Sutho_Sharks

Juniors
Like I said, no thanks. Its not a crappy uni btw if thats the inference you are trying to make, I live in Sutherland so no crappy uni's are within reach!

No that this all matters because the fact is, I know more than you about stats (as demonstrated above), be it I did the course at Southern Cross uni or Sydney uni.

Sutho_Sharks

Juniors
I would also like to note that I am in no way knocking the crappier unis. Any person who has been to uni would know that the quality of teaching is relatively the same, the thing which makes Sydney uni better for example is that when you get a distinction their you were up against smarter people so therefore it is worth more than say a distinction at Southern Cross where you were up against people who were not a smart. This is in basic terms of course!

blacktip-reefy

Immortal
Than why cant you do explain basic statistical methods & demonstrate the ones used in your survey questions? Also why cant you explain on just how many levels your question, responses & results are flawed?

By the way when you get a D on your results, that might no mean distinction.

Sutho_Sharks

Juniors
:lol:

Than why cant you do explain basic statistical methods & demonstrate the ones used in your survey questions? Also why cant you explain on just how many levels your question, responses & results are flawed?

You can sure spin bullshyte Reefy. To be honest, and as said by a poster in this thread, I really didnt mean to conduct a survey 100% statistically correct, the only reason uni was brought up was because of you and the irony that what you said had been achieved by me. My aim was to show how stupid people like yourself and Cpt 'Insert Name Here' really are for having such a low opinion of our great coach. I believe I achieve this with a majority voting that Raper has done okay or above!

In conclusion, you said this:

Here are my tips for you.
firstly, until you have done stats at Uni, dont pretend you know anything about them, other than what the people have done stats, tell you. ie. what the results are.

But now your going back on it. Be a man of your word. I have done stats a uni funnily enough, so you have prity much fallen into that one, now I can talk about stats to my hearts content and unless you have a qualification (ie you have done stats at uni) you will just have to shut up and take my word for it because I know more than you :lol::lol::lol:

blacktip-reefy

Immortal
I actuall did stats at Macquarie over ten years ago. For fun.
I was straight A.
Forgotten a lot since then.
But still know that you do not have a clue.
You are absolutely clueless. In not only stats, but English, Maths, history & communications as posted by poster who is obviously quite sharp.
Seriously. Give up you try hard.
Go and play some footy & get away from the keyboard.

Sutho_Sharks

Juniors
Ah, quote of the year:

firstly, until you have done stats at Uni, dont pretend you know anything about them, other than what the people have done stats, tell you. ie. what the results are.
Secondly, dont talk about rugby league tactics etc, until you actually play the game.
If you are a paraplegic or have some other disability, then forgive me, but if you dont, and your just a whimp, then please shut up.

So I havent played league admittably (due to OTHER sporting engagements) so I will keep by rugby league tactic talks to a minimal, but since i have been to uni and done stats, and you obviously havent, you will not mention anything about stats anymore?

Id like an answer to this, seeings you constantly harp on about playing football despite a large % of football supporters not having played the game but still have a detailed knowledge. Its amazing how historians know so much about history despite having not being in it - Reefy logic

Latest posts