What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Your opinion on Raper?

What are your thoughts of Raper

• Great coach, done amazing things in such a short space of time

Votes: 21 22.6%
  • Okay coach, makes some errors like MOST coaches

Votes: 44 47.3%
  • Poor coach, but hes not the worst in the comp

Votes: 7 7.5%
  • Worst coach I have ever seen, shouldnt be coaching a 1st grade side let alone an U/6's

Votes: 21 22.6%

• Total voters

Frenzy.

Immortal
Sutho_Sharks said:
A sample can be as big or as small as you want it imbocile, it justs means it MAY not reflect the true opinions or whateva of the population. On the other hand, it MAY, to determine this there are numerous tests with numerous confidence levels.

Of which your little poll has none. You need to change "MAY not" to does not because no one looking for meaningful statistical analysis would use such a small sample.

Could you please learn to spell better. It might help with your credibility if you at least pretend to be functionally literate.

Sutho_Sharks said:
Either way, and despite these damning facts, the opinions of people on this forum would be more valued then your avg supporter because they know alot more about the club etc.

BAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

How would you know that? Couldn't be further from the truth. You think 40 or 50 or however many there are, people who post here are all singularly more knowledgable than the 10s of 1000s of supporters who don't post here.

You have to stop posting this crap, the side splitting laughter you invoke might not be good for some people.

BTW where are the damning facts you speak of? I don't see any.

Sutho_Sharks said:
So, the fact that currently 62% of people think hes done an okay job or better tells me that he must have done somethin okay. This is also keeping in mind that surely a percentage of those 24 people who voted hiim as bad might be from other forumers and just mucking around!!

What's that, arse covering because the percentages are changing? More likely your SAMPLE is getting bigger so the results are becoming more accurate you numbskull.

Sutho_Sharks said:
Conclusion......

Your a DEAD SET GOOSE if you chose anything worse that 'Poor coach', how could you say that off current form where we are 2nd in the comp. Go up to anyone anywhere, "If your team is 2nd in the comp, would you drop that coach and say hes a disgrace?", and well, you'd get laughed at. Even more so if you were to provide that person with the details of Rapers struggle early on at this club to regain 'order'. You cannot judge Raper off a few mistakes, every coach makes them and considering his NRL coaching careers is only new problems like his use of interchange will mend in time.

1) 2nd in the comp mean bugger all at Round 17. We might be 10th at round 26. Don't say it's not possible. Look at the ladder and do the maths for yourself. Our current form is poor. 3 floggings and a narrow, unimpressive win against a team with all it's playmakers out does not equal good current form.

2) I don't buy this martyr rubbish about his so called struggle. He is a suppossed professional coach who knew what he was getting when he signed the contract. There have been many coaches far worse off than him over the last 10 years.

3) I can jusge him on whatever aspects I want. You on the other hand can not tell me what I can do.

4) I didn't vote in your stupid poll anyway. So your last paragraph rant was a waste of bandwidth and your time and actually directs the DEAD SET GOOSE title right back at you.

Isn't it about time for another dramatic exit Spuddies_All_The_Way??

Frenzy.

Immortal
Sutho_Sharks said:
Either way, and despite these damning facts, the opinions of people on this forum would be more valued then your avg supporter because they know alot more about the club etc. So, the fact that currently 62% of people think hes done an okay job or better tells me that he must have done somethin okay. This is also keeping in mind that surely a percentage of those 24 people who voted hiim as bad might be from other forumers and just mucking around!!

I forgot to ask. How many votes did you make Spuddy_Shark? 10? 15?

If as you believe, and are probably correct, a percentage of people might be other forummers or people mucking around you just highlighted how stupid your own poll is.

Geez you're dumb.

Mr Sharkie

Juniors
Captain Jack Sparrow said:
I don't buy this martyr rubbish about his so called struggle. He is a suppossed professional coach who knew what he was getting when he signed the contract. There have been many coaches far worse off than him over the last 10 years.

I understand what you're saying Sparrow, I mean how many coaches have left clubs when things were going great? Therefore most new coaches come into bad situations.

I do think Raper did have a particularly bad situation for a first NRL coaching appointment though (in first grade anyway). Not many coaches come in with the club still in a public legal battle with their previous coach, and a division between senior places as wide as the one in place when Stuey walked in the door.

I guess what I am saying is that Raper's situation was not the worst a coach has come into in recent history but it was up there and it played a part in the way he struggled to find his feet in the NRL in 2004.

Sutho_Sharks

Juniors
Could you please learn to spell better. It might help with your credibility if you at least pretend to be functionally literate

Okay, I will run spell check just for you to make sure there are no TYPO'S

How would you know that? Couldn't be further from the truth. You think 40 or 50 or however many there are, people who post here are all singularly more knowledgable than the 10s of 1000s of supporters who don't post here.

Not further from the truth at all, your avg supporter in that 17,000 crowd doesnt live and breath football and stay up to date with everythin thats happening, so they ON AVGERAGE are not as knowledgable about the club/coach at the very least - which is the issue. People who do post here in general have an increased interesting in the club and therefore know abit more as they are constantly looking for new info!!

What's that, arse covering because the percentages are changing? More likely your SAMPLE is getting bigger so the results are becoming more accurate you numbskull.

In a normal case a bigger sample would mean more accurate results, but this poll invokes other supporters to vote just to stir the pot, so Im afraid your wrong

2nd in the comp mean bugger all at Round 17

I would have agreed 100% at round 10 or so, but 16 rounds have gone and where =2nd - this means bugger all!?!?!? We need what, like 2 wins out of the remaining games to get into the finals series?

I can jusge him on whatever aspects I want. You on the other hand can not tell me what I can do.

Im not 'telling you', Im just making an observation, no real force in it.

I forgot to ask. How many votes did you make Spuddy_Shark? 10? 15?

Um once, I dont know how/if you can vote more than once, and Im not pety like that, the forummers are doing my talking :badgrin: . As for you not voting, pfft!

Final Note, your opinions are changing like the wind mate, from the poll may be getting more accurate to you trying to cover your arse by saying....

If as you believe, and are probably correct, a percentage of people might be other forummers or people mucking around you just highlighted how stupid your own poll is.

In the court of law, your 'credibility' would be severly diminshed as your story just keeps on changing in an attempt to adapt.

In short, you seem to be quite delusional, no-one/a minority support your harsh opinion that Raper is a virtual disgrace. Those thoughts are totally unfounded, and your idea that Im trying to put Raper across as a victim is totally wrong, it just FURTHER backs up and demonstrates how much of a good job hes done in testing circumstances!!

Sutho_Sharks

Juniors
I understand what you're saying Sparrow, I mean how many coaches have left clubs when things were going great? THerefore most new coaches come into bad situations.

I do think Raper did have a particularly bad situation for a first NRL coaching appointment though (in first grade anyway). Not many coaches come in with the club still in a public legal battle with their previous coach, and a division between senior places as wide as the one in place when Stuey walked in the door.

I guess what I am saying is that Raper's situation was not the worst a coach has come into in recent history but it was up there and it played a part in the way he struggled to find his feet in the NRL in 2004.

Thats the thing as well, he didnt just 'weather the storm' but converted the team in the short space of two years, with some smart purchases into a premiership contender. For me, the fact that he has had an obvious effect on the likes of Hutch, Covell etc (in that they were PL players at best and now they are NRL quality) shows me that this man can coach and although he has some issues to deal with, in time we will only IMPROVE

blacktip-reefy

Immortal
Sutho Sharks.
you are in way over your head.
many people here have positions in work which required doing stats at University.
you have tried to enter 3 arguments over the years & used statistical analysis to support your wierd opinions.
You have lost on every occassion and you are losing again.
Here are my tips for you.
firstly, until you have done stats at Uni, dont pretend you know anything about them, other than what the people have done stats, tell you. ie. what the results are.
Secondly, dont talk about rugby league tactics etc, until you actually play the game.
If you are a paraplegic or have some other disability, then forgive me, but if you dont, and your just a whimp, then please shut up.

Frenzy.

Immortal
Sutho_Sharks said:
Okay, I will run spell check just for you to make sure there are no TYPO'S

Thankyou from me and the entire forum.

Sutho_Sharks said:
Not further from the truth at all, your avg supporter in that 17,000 crowd doesnt live and breath football and stay up to date with everythin thats happening, so they ON AVGERAGE are not as knowledgable about the club/coach at the very least - which is the issue. People who do post here in general have an increased interesting in the club and therefore know abit more as they are constantly looking for new info!!

bullsh*t.

Sutho_Sharks said:
In a normal case a bigger sample would mean more accurate results, but this poll invokes other supporters to vote just to stir the pot, so Im afraid your wrong

Making it pointless and me correct.

Sutho_Sharks said:
I would have agreed 100% at round 10 or so, but 16 rounds have gone and where =2nd - this means bugger all!?!?!? We need what, like 2 wins out of the remaining games to get into the finals series?

1) There is no such thing as equal placings. We are 4th. If 3 teams finish equal 8th do they all play in the semis? Do they have playoff games? No to both, the teams with the better differential get in. I doubt 2 wins will see us sitting comfortably for a place in the semis. There is only 4 points between 4th and 8th now. Only 6 points between 4th and 12th.

Sutho_Sharks said:
Um once, I dont know how/if you can vote more than once, and Im not pety like that, the forummers are doing my talking :badgrin: . As for you not voting, pfft!

As for you not voting more than once, pfft!

Sutho_Sharks said:
Final Note, your opinions are changing like the wind mate, from the poll may be getting more accurate to you trying to cover your arse by saying....

You f**king aardvark. Of course an opinion will change when the facts and data in front of you change. That is normal. You are not.

Sutho_Sharks said:
In the court of law, your 'credibility' would be severly diminshed as your story just keeps on changing in an attempt to adapt.

LOL LOL LOL I don't think so.

Sutho_Sharks said:
In short, you seem to be quite delusional, no-one/a minority support your harsh opinion that Raper is a virtual disgrace. Those thoughts are totally unfounded, and your idea that Im trying to put Raper across as a victim is totally wrong, it just FURTHER backs up and demonstrates how much of a good job hes done in testing circumstances!!

This is where people with malfunctioning synapses like you fall down.

I do not believe I have said Raper is a disgrace. In fact you probably can't find my opinion on him anywhere. I make comment on what he does or doesn't do. Any comment I have made on his personality isn't opinion, it's based on observation from close quarters and not a perception based love affair like you have.

You don't get points in discussions for putting words in people's mouths. It only makes you look like the fool you are.

No doubt you'll reply. I'm going to let you have the last word too because I feel somewhat humane today and am bored with turning your naivety and baseless ramblings against you. It's just too easy.

Sutho_Sharks

Juniors
To easy Cpt, pfft. Im going to end it n e way, getting boring!!

Sutho Sharks.

you are in way over your head.

many people here have positions in work which required doing stats at University.

you have tried to enter 3 arguments over the years & used statistical analysis to support your wierd opinions.

You have lost on every occassion and you are losing again.

Here are my tips for you.

firstly, until you have done stats at Uni, dont pretend you know anything about them, other than what the people have done stats, tell you. ie. what the results are.

Secondly, dont talk about rugby league tactics etc, until you actually play the game.

If you are a paraplegic or have some other disability, then forgive me, but if you dont, and your just a whimp, then please shut up.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Sorry Reefy, youve fallen into this one!!

I know, Im one of them - havent finished course though....

firstly, until you have done stats at Uni, dont pretend you know anything about them

Well sorry mate but I just did stats at uni, first year uni student, one of my first units was Stats!! Just did the exam btw, so your saying I can show that I kno things about them now!?!? If you really want me to go into detail I will, I was just putting it across in lay man terms for all forummers to view. All in all though, just shows how you often assume things you shouldnt!

Sutho_Sharks

Juniors
Oh yea, and btw, prior to exams (dont know results yet) I was on a high distinction, dont mean to brag but you get the idea....

Chondricthyes

Juniors
..... and this all has to do with Raper.....

Why is it these things always come down to a personal sh*t fight between forum members.

I read some comments about being at Uni or haveing finished uni...

ITS ALL BULLSH!T

I don't think ONE OF YOU HAVE LEFT LITTLE SCHOOL YET.

c'mon kids go out PLAY the game- run around outside for GOD'S SAKE.

Its no wonder Australian youth are becoming obese(?) you can't get off the computer with this pre pubescent CRAP.

Damn now you've got me off the topic.

Kids......

carcharias

Immortal
Chondricthyes said:
..... and this all has to do with Raper.....

Why is it these things always come down to a personal sh*t fight between forum members.

I read some comments about being at Uni or haveing finished uni...

ITS ALL BULLSH!T

I don't think ONE OF YOU HAVE LEFT LITTLE SCHOOL YET.

c'mon kids go out PLAY the game- run around outside for GOD'S SAKE.

Its no wonder Australian youth are becoming obese(?) you can't get off the computer with this pre pubescent CRAP.

Damn now you've got me off the topic.

Kids......
HEY I'm being paid to do this.:D

They don't know it of course.

I'm multi tasking.

black_dot

Juniors
Since when does a forum member need to have studied stats at uni to have a say on this forum for crying out loud ? LOL !

Sutho_Sharks

Juniors

I dont know how Australian youth are obese to be honest, its more older people (as there metabolism slows) or Americans.

On the uni topic, I didnt bring it up, but I just wanted to prove a point. Personally, or at least from the early stages, uni doesnt seem that much better than Tafe (I have also been to tafe during my time in yr11+12) so Im not one for saying uni people are 'superior'

blacktip-reefy

Immortal
if you are on distinction for Stats then it is a real worry going by your posts in this thread.
Stats 101 should have shown you how wrong you are, in every point, in every one of your posts.
& beeker , if you want to argue soft tissue damage diagnosis & recovery, then iwould go into into it with you. If you want to argue stitching methods(footballers cuts) I would also not go into that with you. I know nothing about those subjects. But Ive heard of & seen them both.
You dont need a degree to have an opinion, but you do to argue a point that is methodical in its design and outcome.
IMO
Reefy Bc Apl Sc Psy.

Sutho_Sharks

Juniors
The only degree youve got Reefy would be the one off the back off a cornflakes box :lol:

if you are on distinction for Stats then it is a real worry going by your posts in this thread.
Stats 101 should have shown you how wrong you are, in every point, in every one of your posts.

Uhuh, and I guess you oh noble one are correct in everything? Tell me, have you dont stats at uni? Either way, that last post is a crock of shyte, my previous reference to stats wasnt really about stats anyway, stating that a players avg's 10 hit ups a match isnt really statistics or at least uni level stats, thats yr 7 maths, maybe it was difficult for you though but I dont know how I was wrong in saying for eg that a player makes x amount of hit ups a game. On the other hand, this thread where we mentioned samples etc does relate to statistics, albeit basic statistics. And I would really love to know why I was wrong in saying that the poll was a sample, please tell me genius? You talk so much crap and because you sound convincing people believe you, reminds me of someone.....Hitler. Your problem along with Cpt 'Insert Name here' is that you think your intellectually superior to everyone, therefore everyone else is wrong and your right on EVERY occasion eg Simmons. The funny thing is, on most occasions you dunces are wrong.

Sutho_Sharks

Juniors
Oh an update, 70% believe raper is okay or better, so you've got another one right intellectualy geniuses. Reefy, I thought soooo many people were against Raper to, Im shocked.

Latest posts