What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Your Predictions On Where We'll Finish

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
It is a tough one.

Kimmorley will improve your team.

As will the other buy.

Spoon only way is up.

Still reckon will miss the eight, but not get the spoon.

Jasdragon

Juniors
if both teams played to their best, i'd probably slightly favour the dragons.

but ... how can you expect hornby and soward to carry you around all year?

The good thing about the doggies side is that we've got a player like kimmorley with whom we know what we're gonna get week in week out, and you can build a team around that like the Sharks did, even though he's not a superstar.

Thing about the Dragons is you can't build a team around any of your players because they're so inconsistent and no-one knows what they're gonna do from one week to the next. I'd be very surprised if - everything being equal - over the course of the year the dragons outperformed the dogs.

Dogs 8

Dragons 12

That's the Dragons under Brown not the Dragons under Bennett. There will be a massive change in mental toughness and general toughness, disaplin, basic skill level and professionalism the Dragons will be a much different side to that of the past.

Jasdragon

Juniors
oh please, you don't even have one half up to first grade standard to begin with, what are you going to do if he gets injured.

Any team is stuffed these days with injuries to key players, all you're doing is stating the obvious, which itself is only useless speculation.

Hornby has played 1/2 back for Aus which is more than most 1/2 backs can claim and and Soward is a rising star, he will improve even more under Bennett.

Last edited:

voltron

Juniors
id say 10th - 14th
dont see them going into the top 8

and reports from training are always very encouraging
but i agree with others here, that the lack of depth is going to be your achilles heel
like the titans
could possibly make the 8
but wont cuz inevitably you will get injuries which will cause a string of losses

Bulldog Force

Referee
Hornby has played 1/2 back for Aus which is more than most 1/2 backs can claim and and Soward is a rising star, he will improve even more under Bennett.
He only played 1/2 for Australia because they were resting THURSTON (ex-Bulldog) at the time. You might also remember that Shaun Berrigan was playing hooker for the rested Cameron Smith in that same game ;-)
That's the Dragons under Brown not the Dragons under Bennett. There will be a massive change in mental toughness and general toughness, disaplin, basic skill level and professionalism the Dragons will be a much different side to that of the past.
Mental toughness helps but it can only do so much.
id say 10th - 14th
dont see them going into the top 8

and reports from training are always very encouraging
but i agree with others here, that the lack of depth is going to be your achilles heel
like the titans
could possibly make the 8
but wont cuz inevitably you will get injuries which will cause a string of losses
Lack of depth? In which position exactly?

voltron

Juniors
lack of depth in every position?

but please show me if i am wrong
just judging from last year, it just didnt seem like you had much depth at all
fullback? halves? hooker? centres, wingers, front row, second row, lock, bench........

Bulldog Force

Referee
lack of depth in every position?

but please show me if i am wrong
just judging from last year, it just didnt seem like you had much depth at all
fullback? halves? hooker? centres, wingers, front row, second row, lock, bench........
LOL. The NRL registers at top 25.

Look at the Bulldogs top squad:

http://www.bulldogs.com.au/main.php?page=profiles&grade=nrl

That's right. 34. If we still had Aaron Groom we'd have 35 - exceeding to top 25 by 10.

"Not enough depth" :lol:

Also it's pretty poor for you to judge us on last year as the side is new look in 2009.

voltron

Juniors
LOL. The NRL registers at top 25.

Look at the Bulldogs top squad:

http://www.bulldogs.com.au/main.php?page=profiles&grade=nrl

That's right. 34. If we still had Aaron Groom we'd have 35 - exceeding to top 25 by 10.

"Not enough depth" :lol:

Also it's pretty poor for you to judge us on last year as the side is new look in 2009.

ok
just looking at the people
and besides them being a really ugly bunch of people

but there are like 7/8 players who havent played yet
and a bunch who only played a little last year

so who are ure halves then? and who will take it if kimmorley gets injured
and hooker too? who will be hooker if ennis gets injured and with ennis its more than likely
giving me a person with no name doesnt convince me of depth

every squad is made up of 35 players, chopped down to 25 for the season

so its just the question, since ure so sure of ur depth. who will take these key positions when they get injured?

Bulldog Force

Referee
ok
just looking at the people
and besides them being a really ugly bunch of people

but there are like 7/8 players who havent played yet
and a bunch who only played a little last year

so who are ure halves then? and who will take it if kimmorley gets injured
and hooker too? who will be hooker if ennis gets injured and with ennis its more than likely
giving me a person with no name doesnt convince me of depth

every squad is made up of 35 players, chopped down to 25 for the season

so its just the question, since ure so sure of ur depth. who will take these key positions when they get injured?
If Ennis gets injured, Michael Sullivan can take his place. If Kimmorley get's injured, Ben Roberts or Ben Barba can take his place.

Gaba

First Grade
What's so funny? Apart from editing your post I mean.
If Ben roberts or Ben barba bulldogs back up half back, then the bulldogs are in a worst position then first thought .

Barba cant tackle , roberts LOL he doesnt think,

Bulldog Force

Referee
If Ben roberts or Ben barba bulldogs back up half back, then the bulldogs are in a worst position then first thought .

Barba cant tackle , roberts LOL he doesnt think,
What makes you think Barba can't tackle? The fact that you can count on one hand the amount of FG games he's played?

voltron

Juniors
and the dogs struggled HARD when patten was injured
just no quality backup fullback
el masri just isnt it, and barba tried there, he missed like 7 tackles(estimate), 7 missed tackles at fullback usually equals 3 or 4 tries......
the forward back isnt good, ryan and hannat and thats it
the backline is still slow as, besides morris.
i just dont see anything great happening this year, thats all
and my prediction

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Funny, Roberts isn't up to NRL standard yet has managed to play for NZ... :?

He's a good player but a confidence one - he needs a good half by his side or he's lost. He had a gift in Sherwin but sucked alongside Holdsworth.

Gaba

First Grade
Funny, Roberts isn't up to NRL standard yet has managed to play for NZ... :?

Maybe Nz was desperate for players in those positions and roberts was their best choice :D , it still doesnt mean he is up to nrl standards

Ps also the bulldogs team is nothing like the nz team

Last edited: