What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Your Predictions On Where We'll Finish

mortz

i predict you will come between 1st & 16th
i predict you will win some game and lose some games
i predict you will have some injuries
i predict you will blood a rookie

Bulldog Force

Referee
Ben scored a great razzle-dazzle try in 08 in a game that meant nothing to us. Brent Kite has a big heart not only for the team, but for the game. Jamal Idris is someone to look out for. Played only a handful of first-grade games and that was enough to get him nominated for the Aboriginal Dreamtime Squad.

ozbash

Referee
Roberts can be outstanding but he can also be very mediocre. Depends a lot on coaching and as Tim said, who is his halves partner.

I'd like to see Roberts and Barba at 7+6, you'd have to watch the game in slow motion to keep up with them.

Ben Barba is a star waiting to shine, unbelievable talent.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Roberts and Barba in the halves... where do you suggest we stick Noddy?

And "in the garden" is not a valid answer :fist:

Kelly

Juniors
Finishing higher than last has a 15 in 16 chance in 2009

Noddy would make a good hooker, he has good defence, passing and kicking game but I think his attack with the ball is too predictable for half from what I've seen of him at the Sharks.

Last edited:

grandorient

Bench
I agree with Bulldog Force's first post, 5th to 8th.

You guys have the makins of a good team. Maybe not good enough to make it to the semis', but certainly make other teams restless from 8 up.

This is a year of getting the groundwork right and next year, well who knows.

2008 was a disaster for you guys, and although no one in their wildest dreams would consider me a Doggies supporter, I was sinceerely saddened by the result. Canterbury has always been a hard, determined and talented side and the next few years will wash 2008 from your minds.

I just hope that Saints finish well in front, and think they will, but at the same time I wish you guys every success.

GrandOrient

hindy111

Post Whore
Perosnaly i dont see much from the dogs-BUT if get crocker my opinion will change-with him 7-8 without 9-13
Use also lost tonga and matua-I dont think use replaced with as good players as these two.Plus your backline is worrying-Your forwards seem workman like at best.I do expect hickey to have a big year thou

Rabbit toes

First Grade
With Noddy fit, upto 6th position

Without him, I reckon yer looking at 9th or 10th on for and against

Bulldog Force

Referee
I agree with Bulldog Force's first post, 5th to 8th.

You guys have the makins of a good team. Maybe not good enough to make it to the semis', but certainly make other teams restless from 8 up.

This is a year of getting the groundwork right and next year, well who knows.

2008 was a disaster for you guys, and although no one in their wildest dreams would consider me a Doggies supporter, I was sinceerely saddened by the result. Canterbury has always been a hard, determined and talented side and the next few years will wash 2008 from your minds.

I just hope that Saints finish well in front, and think they will, but at the same time I wish you guys every success.

GrandOrient
I like the Dragons supporters like you - you guys actually have brains :D

isaiah

Bench
same as last year
halves are old and predictable unless barba plays
forwards hardly strike fear into anyone's heart

The Preacher

First Grade
Bottom half of the 8. Once you're in the 8, anything can happen. You've bought well and Tadpole will have your mob playing good footy.
There's a good feeling around the place, everyone seems happy, and that's a good sign.
Good luck for the season, I know quite a few people at Canterbury and enjoy going to games with them (I get looked after pretty well when I go. ;-)).

love my saints

Juniors
If thats the case, I expect the dragons to finish 15th-16th, cause we have a much better team that the crap you guys have.

easy there champ, lol, jasdragon loves to stir, you guys have a pretty impressive lineup to be honest, i think the dogs will start slow, but coming storming home, top 4 for sure.

as for the dogs having a better team than saints, gotta disagree..... you have signed well, some great players, but not near saints' standards ( hey, saints and dogs dont get along.... gotts keep some rivalry happening)

but i think it will be a great year for both teams, and who knows, saints dogs grand final is a real possibility in 09, fingers crossed