What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Your Predictions On Where We'll Finish

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
LL3, I've already told you you're treading a very fine line. Keep the arguments factual, not personal.

jimmythehand

Juniors
Again why would these players come to your club:-
Cause you have a great coach?
Belmore is the new GCoast?
Winning the spoon was a carrot?

Are you still saying they came for unders? Simple yes or no will suffice?

Humiliate, i'll give you the definition, look in you're draws? what do you see?

did you miss the lesson at school where they taught you how to debate?

Where oh where did anyone say they came for unders? It's a simple NO because it wasn't said in the first place.

And what on earth are you referring to by "draws"?

I've heard a couple of reasons why players came to the dogs, apart from the money. Like Ben Hannant wanted to lead a forward pack, and David Stagg wanted a guaranteed starting spot, and Josh Morris wanted a starting spot in the centres. Don't have any references and not sure where I heard them. And I don't know if Kimmorley is getting any more than he was on at the Sharks - but he simply wasn't wanted there so it definitely wasn't all about the money.

Last edited:

jimmythehand

Juniors
True that, but you may as well rule that win out.

It counts for nothing.

I think if Ennis stays healthy, then you guys will easily make the top 6.

If he gets injured or suspended, you guys might be in trouble.

he is your team at the momment, everything revolves around him.

But good luck.

yeah we sure would miss him, but I guess most teams have got a player like that.

What replacements have we got? Is Sullivan still around? Anyone else?

LL3

Juniors
LL3, I've already told you you're treading a very fine line. Keep the arguments factual, not personal.

Listen Nev, show me where i get personal?

BTW does humiliating u come "UNDER ur DEFINITION Personal?:D

Who the....are you!!

samuell_

Juniors
the bulldogs right now are looking the most dangerous in the nrl.. we are the team to beat......if we didnt get those two points taken off us we would be at the top.. definently grand final contenders...!!!

Gaba

First Grade
The bulldogs have not faced anyone apart from the goldcoast and lost that, until you have faced the better teams and can win then the bulldogs will be taken more seriously,at the moment the bulldogs are going well but will change once they face the harder part of the draw

Last edited:

Timmah

Staff member
LL3 said:
Humiliate, i'll give you the definition, look in you're draws? what do you see?
That's you addressing jimmy, and that's getting personal. Given you had some actual arguing in the same post, it wasn't necessary.
Yes, but it's not me you were addressing.
Who the....are you!!
Timmah. Who are you? You don't even have the guts to display the team you support in your signature, avatar or location.

Timmah

Staff member
The bulldogs have not faced anyone apart from the goldcoast and lost that, until you have faced the better teams and can win then the bulldogs will be taken more seriously,at the moment the bulldogs are going well but will change once they face the harder part of the draw
Gaba, you're a broken record. Shut up.

jimmythehand

Juniors
gaba's got somewhat of a point. But the point he's missing is that there's only 1 or 2 teams as tough as the gold coast at the moment. And we're one of them. So that puts us right up there.

What teams do you think are being taken seriously at the moment Gaba?

We're the only team this year that has consistently shown we can attack and defend, with only one or two matches where we're off the pace in one of the departments. What other team can claim that?

We've beaten the defending premiers and the competition leaders. We've faced the better teams, and we've won a couple and lost one.

We're one of only a couple of teams that won after playing MNF - and not just any old game, a tough slog in the wet against the competition leaders. And that was the week a virus went through our team, yet not only did we come back we absolutely thrashed an Eels side that the week before gave another competition leading team (the Dragons) a run for their money.

I might send you some money in the form of a reality cheque.

Last edited:

jimmythehand

Juniors

Who the....are you!!

I think LW3 is a bit upset he embarassed himself with his previous post. Maybe you should cut your losses and run LW3?

love my saints

Juniors
you guys are f*cked.... not the dogs fans, but the others saying that the dogs paid overs.

im a saints fan, morris left saints for a measly $40,000 more at the dogs, not exactly "overs", he went more for the chance to get a crack at first grade, not be a back up centre behind gaz and cooper (gaz hadnt signed with union at that stage) and now he was a front runner for origin till he got injured. what price would u pay for a state of origin centre thats still 21??? id say he would be worth a fair bit more than what he is on now....

hannant made it clear he went for the chance to be a starting forward, not a bench player like he was at the broncos. also an origin player....

Stagg went for the equal money the broncos offered him, cause he was gaurenteed a start at lock since matua was sacked... another origin player.....

no idea wat kimorley or ennis are on dollar wise, but f*ck me, no matter what it is, they are worth every cent..... the form 7 and 9 in the comp without a doubt....kimorley-former origin player and champion playmaker, ennis, another on the verge of origin, and whats robbie farrah worth??? and ennis is favoured by many to beat farrah, so what does that make ennis worth? more than farrah i assure you, but i gaurentee you he isnt on money anywhere near what farrah is on.... is that overs????

Eastwood, another international they got DIRT CHEAP, definetly no overs there....

if the dogs didnt lose the 2 points, they would be 1st on the ladder, how the f*ck can you gremlins justify your statements that the dogs paid overs? they got the best team in the comp and within he salary cap, claps to the dogs management for doing that...

i love my saints, hence my name, and i love geeing dogs fans up, but not with sh*t, the proof says whatever they paid for there players, the players are worth every cent......

and just to gee the dogs fans a bit, i still reckon weyman is one of the best forwards in the comp so far..... :D:D:D

doing well dogs, keep it up

Last edited:

Gaba

First Grade
gaba's got somewhat of a point. But the point he's missing is that there's only 1 or 2 teams as tough as the gold coast at the moment. And we're one of them. So that puts us right up there.

What teams do you think are being taken seriously at the moment Gaba?

We're the only team this year that has consistently shown we can attack and defend, with only one or two matches where we're off the pace in one of the departments. What other team can claim that?

We've beaten the defending premiers and the competition leaders. We've faced the better teams, and we've won a couple and lost one.

We're one of only a couple of teams that won after playing MNF - and not just any old game, a tough slog in the wet against the competition leaders. And that was the week a virus went through our team, yet not only did we come back we absolutely thrashed an Eels side that the week before gave another competition leading team (the Dragons) a run for their money.

I might send you some money in the form of a reality cheque.

the dragons beaten the goldcoast and broncos easily, but you have to go on form ok the dogs are in the top 4 form wise , i still think you will find out how the dogs are travelling when they face the tougher sides thats another matter, we are talking about now

On the eels they gave it all against the dragons and lost by 14,

against the bulldogs eels were without hindmarsh, as bulldogs were without stagg so they both nullify each other
The bulldogs attack has surprised me better then i thought, the bulldogs would struggling to score points like the sharks but i was wrong

The bulldogs defense wasnt that crash hot agasint the eels agaisnt a better team the bulldogs may had been troubled in winning
Goldcoast is a similar team to the dragons where they show they have enough attack despite the attacking not gelling to win games and the defense is what winning the games because teams are struggling to put competitive scores against them

imo top 4 teams are

1-goldcoast

2-dragons

3-Bulldogs ( to make timmah and the other bulldogs fans happy , credit that they have only lost 1 despite what i think )

4- Broncos

5- ? cant think of any sides so far matching the 4 teams named

Last edited:

jimmythehand

Juniors
you guys are f*cked.... not the dogs fans, but the others saying that the dogs paid overs.

im a saints fan, morris left saints for a measly $40,000 more at the dogs, not exactly "overs", he went more for the chance to get a crack at first grade, not be a back up centre behind gaz and cooper (gaz hadnt signed with union at that stage) and now he was a front runner for origin till he got injured. what price would u pay for a state of origin centre thats still 21??? id say he would be worth a fair bit more than what he is on now....

hannant made it clear he went for the chance to be a starting forward, not a bench player like he was at the broncos. also an origin player....

Stagg went for the equal money the broncos offered him, cause he was gaurenteed a start at lock since matua was sacked... another origin player.....

no idea wat kimorley or ennis are on dollar wise, but f*ck me, no matter what it is, they are worth every cent..... the form 7 and 9 in the comp without a doubt....kimorley-former origin player and champion playmaker, ennis, another on the verge of origin, and whats robbie farrah worth??? and ennis is favoured by many to beat farrah, so what does that make ennis worth? more than farrah i assure you, but i gaurentee you he isnt on money anywhere near what farrah is on.... is that overs????

Eastwood, another international they got DIRT CHEAP, definetly no overs there....

if the dogs didnt lose the 2 points, they would be 1st on the ladder, how the f*ck can you gremlins justify your statements that the dogs paid overs? they got the best team in the comp and within he salary cap, claps to the dogs management for doing that...

i love my saints, hence my name, and i love geeing dogs fans up, but not with sh*t, the proof says whatever they paid for there players, the players are worth every cent......

and just to gee the dogs fans a bit, i still reckon weyman is one of the best forwards in the comp so far..... :D:D:D

LMS most people do think he is one of the best forwards in the comp so far. But he's also had a similar reputation at Canberra but time and time again he hasn't fulfilled his potential because of injury, brain explosions or just having deadset shockers (I've seen him make at least half a dozen errors in one match).

If he can keep the good form up, good luck to you. But I think it's more likely that history will repeat itself.

love my saints

Juniors
theres an old saying, a zebra never changes it stripes.... but as a one eyed dragon supporter, that zebra looks like a lion to me... lol

anyways, the point is the dogs have done well.... happy 4 u guys, must be really enjoying the footy this year compared to last year...

go hard boys, see you boys on grand final day....:D:D:D

jimmythehand

Juniors
i think i would love nothing more than a Dragons vs Dogs grand final. I can't really see either team making it, but it would be fantastic if they did.

Bulldog Force

Referee

LMS you're one of the few good Dragons fans here (along with Matty) good stuff mate. I couldn't have worded it myself :) You blokes are doing pretty well to :D

Timmah

Staff member
No doubt we'll have Gaba in here saying "you struggled to beat Canberra they're down near the bottom" blah blah blah... it took the Titans until the dying minutes to put them away last week and the same for us today. Bottom line - we're here in 2009 and we mean business. On current form we're a top four team tbh.

jimmythehand

Juniors
unfortunately our form is probably going to mean loss of our best players to rep teams, could easily cost us a top 4 spot.

Ennis's kicking game can be a bit wobbly sometimes. They must pick Farah ahead of him for Origin, they simply must :)

Gaba

First Grade
No doubt we'll have Gaba in here saying "you struggled to beat Canberra they're down near the bottom" blah blah blah... i
Actually no , that was a good win by the dogs, the defense is still a worry for the dogs though